You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

As low as it got for you?

YorkshireRed

7 minutes ago, Colonel Kurtz said:

Mrs Kurtz went on her own to spurs once as i recovered from an op, she got harrassed and spat at on the tube by a bunch of spurs fans for wearing her original Candy shirt. Nobody intervened. Bunch of wankers. 

Scum. As much as Millwall are bellends I do love the video of that Millwall fan sparking the Spurs fan giving them shit 

Everything under Hodgson was low. 

An absolutely ridiculous appointment. Terrible signings. Terrible football. And a terrible arrogance and attitude for such a limited manager. 

One game that was a particular low, for me, was a home defeat to Southampton in the latter days of Houllier's reign. Gérard gave us some great memories, but this game confirmed that he'd took the team as far as he could. I remember they scored early from a counter from a corner to us. And an ancient Chris Marsden ran the game from midfield for them. We couldn't get near him. It was one of the worst performances I've seen from us. 

34 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Blows my mind how anyone can say this season. Reigning champions ffs. The answer is and (hopefully) always will be the Hodgson months. 

I get where you're coming from and the hodgepodge days were indeed dark (when he was announced & my red manc neighbour gleefully told me we had a decent manager in I knew we were fucked) but I can also see why people may pick this season. For me I have never known a season where we suffered so many long term injuries.   I would hop that we're over the hump now and next season no one will get an injury that keeps them out long term. 

17 minutes ago, Pete said:

I get where you're coming from and the hodgepodge days were indeed dark (when he was announced & my red manc neighbour gleefully told me we had a decent manager in I knew we were fucked) but I can also see why people may pick this season. For me I have never known a season where we suffered so many long term injuries.   I would hop that we're over the hump now and next season no one will get an injury that keeps them out long term. 

Ask yourself what position you would rather be in right now. Where we are, struggling but champions and with a fair shot at number 7 or...... I don't even want to think about it..... Then. Thats your answer. 

Wolverhampton Wanderers v Liverpool,

pre-season friendly, 20th July 1999.

The first time I ever saw Sami Hyppia. However, the day was completely ruined when, after some post-match drinks, my dad and I decided on a chippy tea and were served sausage and chips on a single, flat sheet of paper.

• Upvote 2

Blackpool at home under the scruffy cunt was absolute dogshit. Even Torres couldn't be fucked with it and fucked off after 5 minutes.

Wigan at home in 2012 was pretty shit too. Fuck all went for us as we looked yards off the pace. To make matters worse, I had to endure the Wigan fan at work and he still goes on about it now.

3 hours ago, Bjornebye said:

Ask yourself what position you would rather be in right now. Where we are, struggling but champions and with a fair shot at number 7 or...... I don't even want to think about it..... Then. Thats your answer. 

If you look at this from a pure football perspective, you are right about the Hodgson years.  Perhaps It’s just a general apathy I have at the moment with everything else going on that colours my response of “this year”.

• Upvote 1

Saying this season is crazy. We have a great squad with major issues but the future can be bright with a few changes.

It has been horrendous at times though.

My personal low point is probably Cantona scoring in the FA CUP final in 1996. At 16 I was more emotional than I would be now. The cup mattered then too.

’the elusive double double’ the media kept saying. Urrrgh, I feel sick.

David James giving away 2 goals against Coventry was tough, as we had clearly handed it to the Mancs in 97? I think.

12 minutes ago, Grinch said:

Saying this season isn't crazy at all.  Plenty of people have lost interest in this shit show to keep the broadcasters happy and that was before our form fell off a cliff. 

Ive choose not to watch countless games since March.  This isn't football. 

You didn't watch football to be fucked at 

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, Grinch said:

Saying this season isn't crazy at all.  Plenty of people have lost interest in this shit show to keep the broadcasters happy and that was before our form fell off a cliff. 

Ive choose not to watch countless games since March.  This isn't football. 

Might depend on your age. 
We’ve lost the plot but with a fair few bizarre reasons thrown in, no rest/preseason/ celebration being the most obvious one for me. We’re fucked.

Not changing our style of play means it’s largely our own fault, everyone else had to deal with it. I’m not too down as our team is still fantastic, and will be back.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Reckoner said:

Might depend on your age. 
We’ve lost the plot but with a fair few bizarre reasons thrown in, no rest/preseason/ celebration being the most obvious one for me. We’re fucked.

Not changing our style of play means it’s largely our own fault, everyone else had to deal with it. I’m not too down as our team is still fantastic, and will be back.

Good points. We will be back.

Football isn’t the be all and end all for most people, so it depends on any individual’s paradigm.

Not to sound “boo hoo”, but there are other things that make this a low period for me and the team’s temporary dip, due to a lot of mitigating factors, probably has me classing this as my low, as my perspective overall isn’t most positive at present.

I do look forward with hope and quite some belief that when we get our long term injured folks back, we will be hungry to prove a point and that next season will be a totally different story.

• Upvote 1

34 minutes ago, Ant 2 Threads. said:

Good points. We will be back.

Football isn’t the be all and end all for most people, so it depends on any individual’s paradigm.

Not to sound “boo hoo”, but there are other things that make this a low period for me and the team’s temporary dip, due to a lot of mitigating factors, probably has me classing this as my low, as my perspective overall isn’t most positive at present.

I do look forward with hope and quite some belief that when we get our long term injured folks back, we will be hungry to prove a point and that next season will be a totally different story.

Mate, Im sorry to hear that.

I find this very interesting. Us blokes don’t talk about it but we tend to put our opinion of football forward that reflects how we are doing emotionally. Not always, but generally. (Although I quite like it as i cant be arsed talking about ‘feelings’ like women do, if I ask my dad how he’s coping being isolated in lockdown he looks embarrassed and starts talking about Diogo Jota.)

But this is a low point in a lot of our lives, to be honest I’m a bit depressed myself, but I’m focussing on the spring, and how Liverpool will be back.

Lockdown has been awful personally and the fucking football has not helped!

• Upvote 3

18 minutes ago, Reckoner said:

I find this very interesting. Us blokes don’t talk about it but we tend to put our opinion of football forward that reflects how we are doing emotionally. Not always, but generally. (Although I quite like it as i cant be arsed talking about ‘feelings’ like women do, if I ask my dad how he’s coping being isolated in lockdown he looks embarrassed and starts talking about Diogo Jota.)

But this is a low point in a lot of our lives, to be honest I’m a bit depressed myself, but I’m focussing on the spring, and how Liverpool will be back.

Thank you for that. The spring is coming, lighter and longer days and hopefully we are past this bump in the road soon.

Pleasure to make your acquaintance. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Ant 2 Threads. said:

Thank you for that. The spring is coming, lighter and longer days and hopefully we are past this bump in the road soon.

Pleasure to make your acquaintance. 

We are past the bump mate. Fans will be back at stadiums soon, the economy will recover (a bit) and hopefully I can meet for a pint before a game sometime with yourself and a few others on here.

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, Reckoner said:

Had no idea Jota was in your dad's 'bubble' , wondered where the fucker had been hiding.

The Hodgson years for me, terrible signings (Konchesky in a Liverpool shirt FFS still blows my mind ) terrible football even worse results, I've never in my life wanted Liverpool to lose a game and I never during those dark months but I can honestly say that when Wolves beat us at Anfield 1-0 I was kind of happy in a way as at that point it was obvious that Hodgsons time at Liverpool was very close to an end never wanted us to lose but every defeat brought it closer. That's how low it got shocking appointment.

11 hours ago, rubble-rouser said:

Easy. 3-0 down at home to Chesterfield. 

Losing to Bristol City at hone a year later was shit too. 

Losing at home to Wimbledon @ 92/93 - loads from that era. 

Which is exactly why I don't listen or give a shit about anything Graeme Souness says as an analyst.