You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

As low as it got for you?

YorkshireRed

5 minutes ago, Elite said:

Losing in finals is as low as it has got for me, especially against Madrid.

Being shit I can't deal with, as I know it doesn't last forever.

Losing in a big final, that shit hurts. 

The Madrid one didn't hurt me that much. I knew we were on the brink of something special and I'll take that defeat for standing under the east facing Liver Bird with mine, Champ, her lot, Mook and Dr Nowt as the Reds went past with the European Cup, the best keeper in the world, the best centre half in the world and the best front line in the world a year later everyday. 

• Upvote 3

In the period just before Souness was appointed we lost 3-1 at home to QPR. We made Roy Wegerle look like Pele, Ronaldo and Messi rolled into one. The most abject performance I've been in the ground for; a win would have seen us go top of the league. There was a 1-0 defeat to an abject Watford in Houllier's first season in charge that was awful, too

• Upvote 1

The Hodgson era without doubt was the worst time on the pitch in my living memory. The Souness era was bad, but Hodgson took things to a whole new level.

As far as individual games go, I've never been as angry at a performance from us than the shite on show in the derby back in 2006. This one.

We were an absolute shambles that afternoon.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

Anfield in the FA Cup has been the scene of a number of real lows. Souness' teams against Bolton and Bristol City were dreadful, as was Rafa's team against Reading. The worst for me was Houllier's team against Palace. We went 1-0 down and were chasing the game while being in the sort of form we are currently experiencing. Then Heskey was put through in the second half on a one-on-one with the keeper and had so much time and space to pick his spot only to tamely pass the ball straight at the keeper. It was an incredible chance spurned. Henchoz then shanked the ball into his own net at the other end.

We have had an awful lot of spells where we can do nothing right.

1 minute ago, Bjornebye said:

Bollocks. 

After what went on in the last game  and letting them walk out with all 3 points like that was fucking embarrassing.

Shite like Newcastle and Fulham have torn them apart in the last few weeks and we gave them the easiest 3 points they’ll ever get. 

There were long stretches under Houllier when the football was absolutely miserable to behold. Hoofing it up the pitch and hoping that H*skey might be able to bring it down (or at least win a free kick for falling over). Not being able to string more than a couple of passes together (at least we don't have that problem now). No width. Sitting deep and hitting it long. Rinse and repeat. By then end it was completely miserable. 

Not the lowest we've been but towards the end of Houllier's tenure was some of the time I've enjoyed football the least. 

I'll never forget what a feeling of liberation knowing that H*skey would be leaving gave me. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Bruce Spanner said:

Yeah, we, me and my uncle, were waiting until the day before for tickets and in the end we didn't get them, so my uncle tried to make it nice for fourteen year old me by doing a BBQ and getting permission from my mother to let my have a few drinks whilst we watched it.

He got me Hooch, the horrible fucking lemon shite, for god only knows what reason. He also fucked the sausages up and under cooked them, normally he was a dab hand but I get the impression he'd been drinking since his mate let him down with the tickets.

I don't remember the game, threw up in his neighbours garden after falling over a wall and splitting my head open then had the shits the following day due to the fucking sausages.

This is still not as painful as the Poulsen and Konchesky signings.

I missed by lad's communion to go to that 96 cup final. The journey home was grim.

34 minutes ago, an tha said:

That 3-0 at Warford with Bogdan was pretty abject.

Some really grim stuff at Hull as well...remember a 3-0 there under Dalglish that was grim

I went to that game, was grim, got bullied by Troy fucking Deeney and Ighalo. Dont even think we had a shot on goal. At least me and Liverpool Lad had a few pints with some weird locals with no teeth in the One Bell pub after it. 

The West Ham away game a few months later was also depressing. Again, no shots on target and Carroll scoring a header against us. Listening to all the West Ham fans Hillsborough stuff was bad too.

That fucking fraud Rodgers, “resting” first team players in a Champions League tie against Real Madrid so that we were starting with Borini and Markovic up front at the Bernabeu. 

All to prioritise a league game against Chelsea which we lost anyway.

For all his cod Shankly impersonations, that veneered prick NEVER understood this club.

I’ve blanked out the Hodgson years altogether. Refuse to believe he was ever at Anfield.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Doctor Troy said:

I went to that game, was grim, got bullied by Troy fucking Deeney and Ighalo. Dont even think we had a shot on goal. At least me and Liverpool Lad had a few pints with some weird locals with no teeth in the One Bell pub after it. 

The West Ham away game a few months later was also depressing. Again, no shots on target and Carroll scoring a header against us. Listening to all the West Ham fans Hillsborough stuff was bad too.

West Ham fans are bad bells

Bolton beating us 2-0 at Anfield in the FA Cup in 92/93 I think it was. That David Lee ripped us to shreds, it was freezing and as a young kid I couldn’t get my head round how quickly we’d become so shit.

More recent I’d say the derby when Hodgson was here.

https://www.skysports.com/watch/video/sports/football/12104370/pl-vault-everton-2-0-liverpool-2010