You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

As low as it got for you?

YorkshireRed

I’m not talking about the obvious low moments we all share as Liverpool fans, this is more a question aimed at memories of performances on the pitch.

Maybe not cup final defeats or those days where Liverpool have lost to their biggest rivals, I know those ones come with a bit extra pain. 

Yesterday was poor, but nowhere near as bad as it has been. 

Not much of a match goer these days but have experienced a few lows, as well as oh so many highs.

A couple of the top of my head to make you shiver.

Liverpool 0, Wolves 1(December 29, 2010).

The darkest of times under Roy Hodgson. It was just the defeat, even the ineptitude of the performance. I’ve probably seen worse than that night. It was just the whole atmosphere of the place, and the apathy from the stands towards what we were being served up.

There was also a home defeat to Charlton under Gerald Houllier.  Again, I’m sure I’ve seen much worse but this one sticks in the memory as low point. We looked clueless, uninspired and lacking anything like the required quality. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I don't think anything beats Hodgson in the last couple of decades. We were comically shit, incredibly boring, acting like a club that had never won anything, and all with a snide fucking bellend in charge. He had more loyalty to Ferguson than he did to the club's young players. He was an embarrassment.

The last few weeks of his time at the club were the only time I've wanted us to lose games purely to speed up his fucking off. He was an astonishingly shit cunt.

• Upvote 5

Losng to utd in the cup final 96 will always be the saddest I've felt about footty but we had a side then.

Going from having Torres, Mascherano and Alonso to The Owl, Konchesky, Charlie Pastie and Koncheskys maa kicking off at Liverpool fans is as low as it can ever get. And I've watched Tom Hanks in Philadelphia. 

Also, the Newcastle game at half time when the sprinkler turned on and soaked that fella in the main stand and he stood there with his arms out as if to say "what the fuck is going on" I think all true Liverpool fans felt that. 

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Halcyon Days said:

Some of the worst away days ever during the Souness era, everyone seemed to beat us. 

It was grim. I remember we flew out on holiday so missed the last home game of the season. Was fully expecting Souey to be sacked by the time we got back but Moores chickened out and kept him on. The following season he eventually fell on his sword and put us out of our misery. Shocking football, it truely was.

20 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Losng to utd in the cup final 96 will always be the saddest I've felt about footty but we had a side then.

Going from having Torres, Mascherano and Alonso to The Owl, Konchesky, Charlie Pastie and Koncheskys maa kicking off at Liverpool fans is as low as it can ever get. And I've watched Tom Hanks in Philadelphia. 

Also, the Newcastle game at half time when the sprinkler turned on and soaked that fella in the main stand and he stood there with his arms out as if to say "what the fuck is going on" I think all true Liverpool fans felt that. 

Yeah, we, me and my uncle, were waiting until the day before for tickets and in the end we didn't get them, so my uncle tried to make it nice for fourteen year old me by doing a BBQ and getting permission from my mother to let my have a few drinks whilst we watched it.

He got me Hooch, the horrible fucking lemon shite, for god only knows what reason. He also fucked the sausages up and under cooked them, normally he was a dab hand but I get the impression he'd been drinking since his mate let him down with the tickets.

I don't remember the game, threw up in his neighbours garden after falling over a wall and splitting my head open then had the shits the following day due to the fucking sausages.

This is still not as painful as the Poulsen and Konchesky signings.

• Upvote 4

18 minutes ago, dockers_strike said:

It was grim. I remember we flew out on holiday so missed the last home game of the season. Was fully expecting Souey to be sacked by the time we got back but Moores chickened out and kept him on. The following season he eventually fell on his sword and put us out of our misery. Shocking football, it truely was.

Travelling down to the Dell in the boot of an Austin Allegro estate for 3 hours was a joy in the early 90s. Got beat 1-0 think it was Le Tissier with the winner. I’m sure a teenage Shearer played that day too, why didn’t we buy him? It was obvious even then what a player he’s go on to be.