You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Liverpool 0 Everton 2 (Feb 20 2021)

tlw content

3 hours ago, Redlewie said:

I completely agree that we are being screwed on an almost weekly basis by decisions. There are also other teams that have had some very questionable shit go against them, but we seem to be by far the worst hit.

What I'm struggling with is why it isn't being screamed from the rooftops by anyone other than us. Why are the club not pointing it out every week it happens? Why is no-one in the media pointing it out every week saying it is unacceptable and has to end? It just all seems so unbelievably shit that you start to wonder if you're going soft in the head!

I've been reading your stuff for the best part of 20 years because I respect, trust and generally agree with your opinions, nothings changed there. Keep it coming, we can't let these bastards grind us down. Everything is shite at the moment and the state of footy is compounding it, particularly for us. There has to be a point when all this will be looked at properly and sorted.   

Steve Bruce isnt going to make too much of a song and dance over a pen to united even if he's kopping a lot of flak from Toon fans.

No one in the media is going to call it out because one, they have contracts with the FA and PL they want to protect. Two, they know they'll get no cooperation, jollies, freebies and the rest if they rock the boat. Three, no one wants to be the first to break ranks and be the odd one out unless there's something for them to gain by doing so.

Managers arent going to call it out because they know they'll be on the end of even more dodgey decisions by refs and VAR. Managers are tribal as shown by the rejection of 5 subs. A dodgey pen for them cancels out a dodgey one against.

• Upvote 3

23 minutes ago, dockers_strike said:

Steve Bruce isnt going to make too much of a song and dance over a pen to united even if he's kopping a lot of flak from Toon fans.

No one in the media is going to call it out because one, they have contracts with the FA and PL they want to protect. Two, they know they'll get no cooperation, jollies, freebies and the rest if they rock the boat. Three, no one wants to be the first to break ranks and be the odd one out unless there's something for them to gain by doing so.

Managers arent going to call it out because they know they'll be on the end of even more dodgey decisions by refs and VAR. Managers are tribal as shown by the rejection of 5 subs. A dodgey pen for them cancels out a dodgey one against.

This is the national game, watched by millions in this country, tens of millions worldwide. We have hundreds of thousands of supporters. Newcastle, the most recent to suffer this shit, tens of thousands. The Mancs, who seem to be the beneficiaries more often than not, with a similar worldwide fan base to ours, there must be a fair few of them questioning it.

I can't believe that a handful of scabby excuses for referees who've decided they rule the world can hold all of that, plus all the media, in the palms of their hands and laugh.

Sooner or later it will be properly analysed and scrutinised.

It just has to be, otherwise we are living in a country that is much, much worse than I ever imagined it to be.

1 hour ago, Redlewie said:

This is the national game, watched by millions in this country, tens of millions worldwide. We have hundreds of thousands of supporters. Newcastle, the most recent to suffer this shit, tens of thousands. The Mancs, who seem to be the beneficiaries more often than not, with a similar worldwide fan base to ours, there must be a fair few of them questioning it.

I can't believe that a handful of scabby excuses for referees who've decided they rule the world can hold all of that, plus all the media, in the palms of their hands and laugh.

It just has to be, otherwise we are living in a country that is much, much worse than I ever imagined it to be.

Once that little rat bastard Neil Ashton took over the media reins there all media scrutiny ceased with them. 

22 hours ago, Dave D said:

I think that is what is most depressing- we are making other teams look good when in fact they are all varying levels of mediocre. We are miles better than anyone other than City but seem to have tactically lost the plot so inexplicably.

My neighbour supports West Ham and was giving me some shit earlier- I sounded a right twat saying its not proper football (which it isnt) but its only us spouting that, everyone else is having the time of their lives  

Let them enjoy it, half of them will implode again when they have their own fans back in giving them shite, especially West Ham.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Redlewie said:

No, it is, this country is totally shite. from its leaders to a majority of its inhabitants, right down to the refs, its utter bollocks, and needs a reset.

• Upvote 1

Any manager who takes on refs will;

(a) get fined and

(b) find that they get screwed over even more the next time as Rodgers found when he complained about Lee Mason and then had Howard Webb do us over completely the next game.

Really it needs the LMA to lead the way but that organisation is Xenephobia Central so they won't complain if it's foreign managers getting done over. It might be a different story if it were British managers.... I see Wilder accused the refs of one rule for the big clubs and one rule for Sheff Utd. Will be interesting to see if the FA does anything to him and how their next match is refereed. Who are they playing next.....?

On 21/02/2021 at 21:11, dave u said:

They've given up. There's no anger in them. They've allowed themselves to be worn down by all the various setbacks they've had and they don't have any fight in them to stop it.

After what happened at Goodison those playrs should have been frothing at the fucking mouth yesterday. I understand how hard it is without fans and against Brighton, Burnley etc I can see why it's difficult to play without that emotion and adrenaline that a crowd instills.

But yesterday? No crowd was necessary. They should have had this game circled in the calendar for four months. It should have been fire and brimstone and fucking flying into them from the opening whistle.

Instead, they went out and just tried to play like it was any old football game in an empty stadium. I'm not saying they didn't try, I'm saying they were meek as fuck and showed no fight or anger or resentment about what those fuckers did to derail our season four months ago.

The more I think about what I saw yesterday, the more pissed off I am with Klopp and the players at their lack of emotion and fight. 

It's symbolic of who we've become when you think about it though. The sight of Virgil sat behind the bench should have served as a reminder to the players about what they were playing for. Revenge. Payback. Justice. Whatever you want to call it.

And what did we get? A fucking pathetic, passionless first half in which we went in a goal behind. The second half was fine, all that was missing was a goal, but I'm struggling to accept how they could be so fucking passionless at the start of that game.

Go back four months to that game at Goodison and think about what happened and how you felt. Now imagine if someone had told you then that the next time we play Everton, Richarlison will be the match winner and Pickford will be Man of the Match. At Anfield.

You wouldn't have believed it because the very idea of it would be preposterous. Yet it happened, because we let it happen. That's what I mean about it symbolising who we've become. The two villains from the Goodison derby, the two players we were all saying would get what's coming to them at Anfield.... they didn't get punished at all. They had it all their own way.

They're laughing their fucking bollocks off at us. 

That should have been your match report Dave. Not that crying about referees shite.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

I think it can't be underestimated how much that LiVARpool bullshit from last year got under the skin and into the consciousness of everyone. It was in the national newspapers it even got mentioned on match of the day for fuck sake, I think it definitely influenced the refs this season consciously or unconsciously. As for the media never calling out the refs I think it's down to them being English and English refs can never be shit just like English players never dive, there's an element of that going on.

• Upvote 2

Well I have to agree with all the posts on this thread, and I have to say that after 60 years of supporting the lads and watching top class football I have now given up on it. I watched the European cup game last week and really enjoyed it, good football ran by competent officials. I have finished with the premier league, full of 6 foot twelve one footed wonders, and totally incompetent referees who seem to think that they are the stars of the show. Managers who delight in killing the game with so called pundits who support them. I feel sorry for Jurgen, a good man and a sportsman, who thought that others in the league believed in the same values. You don’t stay at the top of the English league by being a sportsman, you do it by being a cheat (Ferguson and others ), it’s football by numbers now, no individual skill, no characters, just pass the ball to death until you lose it, with eleven defenders in their  own penalty box it’s a job to know what to do, but I know that it’s shit. I started turning the tv on a minute before kick off because I couldn’t stand the sky soap opera. Then watching it with the sound off because of the relentless garbage coming out and it was only then with no sound, atmosphere or anything that I could see how bad this English league is. Best league in the world my ass, and they can stick it

• Like 1
  • Upvote 5

On 23/02/2021 at 20:24, ben48 said:

Well I have to agree with all the posts on this thread, and I have to say that after 60 years of supporting the lads and watching top class football I have now given up on it. I watched the European cup game last week and really enjoyed it, good football ran by competent officials. I have finished with the premier league, full of 6 foot twelve one footed wonders, and totally incompetent referees who seem to think that they are the stars of the show. Managers who delight in killing the game with so called pundits who support them. I feel sorry for Jurgen, a good man and a sportsman, who thought that others in the league believed in the same values. You don’t stay at the top of the English league by being a sportsman, you do it by being a cheat (Ferguson and others ), it’s football by numbers now, no individual skill, no characters, just pass the ball to death until you lose it, with eleven defenders in their  own penalty box it’s a job to know what to do, but I know that it’s shit. I started turning the tv on a minute before kick off because I couldn’t stand the sky soap opera. Then watching it with the sound off because of the relentless garbage coming out and it was only then with no sound, atmosphere or anything that I could see how bad this English league is. Best league in the world my ass, and they can stick it

Great post. I’m all for us abandoning this league at the earliest opportunity for that European league. 

Can’t believe anyone will miss playing Burnley or half of the other bellend clubs in this league.

• dave u unpinned this topic