You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Liverpool 0 Everton 2 (Feb 20 2021)

tlw content

12 hours ago, dockers_strike said:

I said the same thing, Dave. The ref wanted to give that pen no matter what VAR said. He ran over to the monitor and they didnt have chance to run the vid. he just looked at the freeze frame screen and went fuck it, pen!

His actions are beyond belief never mind what is Trent supposed to do there? OK if that's the new norm and the striker runs into a grounded defender who hasnt a clue where the forward is and all refs give pens for that, Im on board.

But we know they wont and even if they did, they wouldnt give it us. How come Trent's a pen yet Kean's two handed push in the back isnt? Carragher can fuck off with his 'not enough' to give it. Funny as fuck, they seem to be against us.

Ithink there's more going on in the background though. Sadio just seems to have a sulk on all the time. I reckon I could knock him off the ball in a 1 on1 now. Last season he was like a brick shithouse and you had to bring him down to stop him.

I think Gini's situation is probably unsettling the group as well.

Absolutely. I think there’s large parts of this squad who know they’re not getting pay rises they want and rumours that contracts are not being improved and that ginis situation was like a test case for them is spot on. Unfortunately Modern footballers are money motivated so if they think they’re not getting what they’re worth of course they ain’t going to run themselves into the ground.

I agree that we are getting a hugely disproportionate amount of terrible decisions go against us. Are we really saying that all referees, pundits, radio and tv companies have got together and said "this year, let's fuck over Liverpool"? There does seem to be free reign to allow biased comments against us that should be challenged but are being allowed. Lescott's comments after the game were a disgrace. Basically said about the pen "fuck them, they've had enough of those go for them over the years". Should have been sacked on the spot for that.

I do want to know why nobody from the club is going apeshit about it though.

I've never met Carra, always seemed ok to me and obviously loved him as a player. Maybe he's just trying to keep his job, tv footy punditry has changed greatly in a very short time.

As for the actual reasons why we are playing so poorly, it's been covered many times in Dave's write ups. We all know it's an accumulation of shit don't we?

Bobby, unfortunately the best thing about him these days is his song.

The team with their lack of centre backs, midfielder who was our best defender the season, backup striker who was one of our best performers and now captain are not good enough to fight against the shit we've been getting from referees. The whole point of this season now is to just survive and go again next season.

It's so depressing though but it's a matter of course that when we play in the Premier League a ref will give a match altering performance and the media will run cover for their ineptitude which will then be used by fans of other clubs to laugh at us. I really wish the teams will push for that Super League because honestly there is no point in even thinking the systemic issues we're experiencing in the Premier League will be fixed.

Regarding Carra while I won't go so far as calling him a cunt I will say I'm done with taking his opinion seriously as he's gone down the same route as Lawrenson, Murphy and Hamman where they go so far in their attempt to come across as impartial when it comes to Liverpool that they are actively working against the club.

• Upvote 2

13 hours ago, Sandon Derry Red said:

Gooch

I'l admit i'm going off Carra because of a few of the very points you rightly mention there. However I met him at a meet and greet before lockdown and it was very obvious he loved the club.

Maybe I'm old school but anyone calling any ex player a **** needs to have a long hard look at themselves but that's just me.

El Hadji Diouf is a cunt. Joe Cole is a cunt. Paul Konchesky is a cunt. Neil Ruddock is a cunt. There, I said it. 

We need to get back to basics, we can't score goals anymore but are leaking goals easily. Need to defend better and do what every other team does against us and wait for a mistake. At the moment we're not the side that battered all before us last season. Defence first then work on getting the mojo back. What we're doing now isn't working. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Butch said:

We need to get back to basics, we can't score goals anymore but are leaking goals easily. Need to defend better and do what every other team does against us and wait for a mistake. At the moment we're not the side that battered all before us last season. Defence first then work on getting the mojo back. What we're doing now isn't working. 

Past three seasons. Or is it four? We've been so good for so long I've lost track. Obviously the injuries in defence have hurt us hugely, and the spill over effect onto the midfield, but the mystery for me is how the front three became so ineffective so suddenly. Although that said, it's not even sudden is it? It's been at least a year. 

The blatant cheating from the officials is in nearly all decisions. They are so arrogant now they don't even try to hide it.

One daft moment and a bit pedantic but sums up the point that the opposition can do what they want, not talking about how long it took that cunt Gomes to get booked v Kabak.

6 fouls to 2 by the way.

He gave Salah off side late in the game.

They took the free kick 10 yards inside our own half.

20 mins earlier he was waving trent back on a throw in. They do all the little stuff and that adds up to the shite we have to endure. Wss there a single free kick not given EVERY time a blueshite went to ground.

Klopp should call it now, take the stadium ban the club pay his fine. Let them know we won't tolerate it.

In fact the players should have walked off after that pen.

Fuckin fuming.

• Upvote 1

I'm not saying the refs all got together in some clandestine meeting and said "let's fuck Liverpool this season".

I'm not saying they're being paid off by far east bookies.

I'm not saying it's the league or sky or Abu Dhabi or whoever the fuck you want to mention.

I'm saying that loads of refs are giving decisions against us because they want to, not because they genuinely think it's the right decision. It's blatantly fucking obvious and it's been happening on a regular basis since Goodison.

If you think that's me peddling conspiracy theories or sounding like an Evertonian, frankly I couldn't give a fuck.

"You wanna play blind man? Go walk with the shepherd. But me, my eyes are wide fucking open." -Jules Winnfield

• Upvote 11

The refereeing/VAR has been horrendous. The injuries ridiculous. No fans effect unbelievable and a real eye opener....

But I think we are all doing ourselves a disservice not discussing the various actual issues we have on the playing side- tactically, management, selection etc. Its a huge aspect and a huge aspect we seem to be getting wrong each week.

Why has the motivation/energy dropped off so drastically?

They've given up. There's no anger in them. They've allowed themselves to be worn down by all the various setbacks they've had and they don't have any fight in them to stop it.

After what happened at Goodison those playrs should have been frothing at the fucking mouth yesterday. I understand how hard it is without fans and against Brighton, Burnley etc I can see why it's difficult to play without that emotion and adrenaline that a crowd instills.

But yesterday? No crowd was necessary. They should have had this game circled in the calendar for four months. It should have been fire and brimstone and fucking flying into them from the opening whistle.

Instead, they went out and just tried to play like it was any old football game in an empty stadium. I'm not saying they didn't try, I'm saying they were meek as fuck and showed no fight or anger or resentment about what those fuckers did to derail our season four months ago.

The more I think about what I saw yesterday, the more pissed off I am with Klopp and the players at their lack of emotion and fight. 

It's symbolic of who we've become when you think about it though. The sight of Virgil sat behind the bench should have served as a reminder to the players about what they were playing for. Revenge. Payback. Justice. Whatever you want to call it.

And what did we get? A fucking pathetic, passionless first half in which we went in a goal behind. The second half was fine, all that was missing was a goal, but I'm struggling to accept how they could be so fucking passionless at the start of that game.

Go back four months to that game at Goodison and think about what happened and how you felt. Now imagine if someone had told you then that the next time we play Everton, Richarlison will be the match winner and Pickford will be Man of the Match. At Anfield.

You wouldn't have believed it because the very idea of it would be preposterous. Yet it happened, because we let it happen. That's what I mean about it symbolising who we've become. The two villains from the Goodison derby, the two players we were all saying would get what's coming to them at Anfield.... they didn't get punished at all. They had it all their own way.

They're laughing their fucking bollocks off at us. 

• Upvote 8

Couldn't agree more.

Ive raged (probably irrationally) since the Goodison derby. Full on pre-meditated assaults, disallowed winner- it had the lot.

We should have been flying out of the traps.

This is what I dont understand. I jokingly said on a mates whatsapp group that we should have paid Rangers to loan Gerrard for one match.

That said, he would have walked after about 5 mins but would have taken one of the bitters with him.

Klopp wears his heart on his sleeve when the ground is full- it seems without it he runs out of passion.

The injuries to the centrebacks do not give the other 9 outfield players an excuse for their own output- the drop off has been insane.   

2 minutes ago, dave u said:

And don't forget, Everton were thoroughly outplayed by Fulham a week ago. They're shit, but it doesn't matter how shit anyone is these days because we can't beat anyone. We even made hard work of beating Villa's Academy team.

I think that is what is most depressing- we are making other teams look good when in fact they are all varying levels of mediocre. We are miles better than anyone other than City but seem to have tactically lost the plot so inexplicably.

My neighbour supports West Ham and was giving me some shit earlier- I sounded a right twat saying its not proper football (which it isnt) but its only us spouting that, everyone else is having the time of their lives  

15 hours ago, dave u said:

I'm not saying the refs all got together in some clandestine meeting and said "let's fuck Liverpool this season".

I'm not saying they're being paid off by far east bookies.

I'm not saying it's the league or sky or Abu Dhabi or whoever the fuck you want to mention.

I'm saying that loads of refs are giving decisions against us because they want to, not because they genuinely think it's the right decision. It's blatantly fucking obvious and it's been happening on a regular basis since Goodison.

If you think that's me peddling conspiracy theories or sounding like an Evertonian, frankly I couldn't give a fuck.

"You wanna play blind man? Go walk with the shepherd. But me, my eyes are wide fucking open." -Jules Winnfield

I completely agree that we are being screwed on an almost weekly basis by decisions. There are also other teams that have had some very questionable shit go against them, but we seem to be by far the worst hit.

What I'm struggling with is why it isn't being screamed from the rooftops by anyone other than us. Why are the club not pointing it out every week it happens? Why is no-one in the media pointing it out every week saying it is unacceptable and has to end? It just all seems so unbelievably shit that you start to wonder if you're going soft in the head!

I've been reading your stuff for the best part of 20 years because I respect, trust and generally agree with your opinions, nothings changed there. Keep it coming, we can't let these bastards grind us down. Everything is shite at the moment and the state of footy is compounding it, particularly for us. There has to be a point when all this will be looked at properly and sorted.   

• Upvote 3

Turns out that, not only was it a definite penalty, the ref was called to the monitor to see if it was a red card offense!

Maguire assaults Leschelles, nothing.

Rashford dives, penalty. Our lads "dive", divers!

Fulham's 'keeper catches the Sheffield player on the follow through, he wins the ball first. Fabinho win the ball first, freekick given for the follow through, upgraded to a penalty through VAR.

The whole fucking thing stinks.

• Upvote 1

Cunt ref talking cuntish

Dermot cunting Gallagher reviewing the United game.

INCIDENT: Manchester United are awarded a penalty when Marcus Rashford falls under Joe Willock's challenge.

DERMOT'S VERDICT: I think this is what we call a 'modern-day penalty'. From what we've seen in the Premier League this season, they've decided if there's contact on the foot, they'll give a penalty. That's why, 25 rounds in, we've already had more penalties than any other season before. We talk about consistency - they have been consistent.

INCIDENT: Harry Maguire sends Jamaal Lascelles tumbling in the box just three minutes into the game. No action is taken.

DERMOT'S VERDICT: I think nothing [should happen]. The defender is blocking off. I think the referee is focused on the goalkeeper but the VAR checked that incident in play and felt the same, that Maguire was blocking off Lascelles as defenders do in the penalty area. I think 'play on' was the right decision.

31 minutes ago, Lario said:

Cunt ref talking cuntish

Dermot cunting Gallagher reviewing the United game.

INCIDENT: Manchester United are awarded a penalty when Marcus Rashford falls under Joe Willock's challenge.

DERMOT'S VERDICT: I think this is what we call a 'modern-day penalty'. From what we've seen in the Premier League this season, they've decided if there's contact on the foot, they'll give a penalty. That's why, 25 rounds in, we've already had more penalties than any other season before. We talk about consistency - they have been consistent.

INCIDENT: Harry Maguire sends Jamaal Lascelles tumbling in the box just three minutes into the game. No action is taken.

DERMOT'S VERDICT: I think nothing [should happen]. The defender is blocking off. I think the referee is focused on the goalkeeper but the VAR checked that incident in play and felt the same, that Maguire was blocking off Lascelles as defenders do in the penalty area. I think 'play on' was the right decision.

This guy should be made to sit down and have a video of his contradictory self-serving bullshit played back to him. Mind you, he's so lacking in any sense of self awareness. it would probably go straight over his head. Not so long back he described 'a tangle of legs' involving Pogba as a clear pen to ManU and the following week, described 'a tangle of legs' which brought down Mane as a fair tackle. 

He was a shite referee, so it stands to reason he'd be a shite ex-ref pundit.

All VAR has done is given refs a ridiculous amount of power to influence games however they see fit.

They're running amok now, deciding the results of so many games every weekend. Even games that end up 3-0, sometimes they're settled by a decision they make at 0-0. 

I watch MOTD every week and it's just fucking relentless. So many games are decided by horrific decisions and then we're told by paedo looking twats like Gallagher that the refs got everything right.

I'm just sick of it. I don't enjoy football anymore. Lots of reasons for it but the officiating and the concept (not to mention the implementation) of VAR is well clear at the top.

That Maguire incident is just a clear foul and red card. It's indisputable. Yet apparently that's fine, but David Luiz the other week was a penalty and a red card.

I don't really want anything to do with a sport in which that is apparently ok. They've killed the game with this shit.

• Upvote 5

• dave u unpinned this topic