You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Liverpool 0 Everton 2 (Feb 20 2021)

tlw content

I always thought we respected our players ( present and past )  or do we only do that when things are going well.

Calling anyone who gave 100 % for the jersey a **** is cheap but maybe it's the world we live in now sadly.

As for mentioning GOT that's what this forum might turn into if people keep thinking these conspiracy theories.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 4

5 minutes ago, Sandon Derry Red said:

I always thought we respected our players ( present and past )  or do we only do that when things are going well.

Calling anyone who gave 100 % for the jersey a **** is cheap but maybe it's the world we live in now sadly.

As for mentioning GOT that's what this forum might turn into if people keep thinking these conspiracy theories.

It's not a conspiracy theory though is it?

17 minutes ago, Sandon Derry Red said:

People do for the most part, but you just got to call a twat a twat when you see one and Carra really is one. The spitting fiasco, going to the PL celebrations etc, thats without his god awful commentary, neediness to be accepted as neutral from the common blert and general desperation trying to keep his cushty sky job. They'll always be respect for what he did as a player, but it shouldn't give you a license to be a bellend.

• Upvote 1

Love Carra for Istanbul. Always will. But as a pundit? He can fuck right off. Genuinely feels as though post-gob he’s notched his “impartiality” up a notch, like he’s Sky’s grass or something and he just has to dance to whatever shit is out in front of him.

• Upvote 2

Gooch

I'l admit i'm going off Carra because of a few of the very points you rightly mention there. However I met him at a meet and greet before lockdown and it was very obvious he loved the club.

Maybe I'm old school but anyone calling any ex player a **** needs to have a long hard look at themselves but that's just me.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

The bit that really really hurts, and hurts badly, is that even if VAR came out over the next few days and publicised bad judgement by the ref, and apologised for the decision, it changes nothing. Zilch. Whereas at the time, it could have changed the game and the result.

Extremely disheartening. 

3 hours ago, Sandon Derry Red said:

Seriously dockers do you honestly think that was a pen ?

That was never a penalty . As a defender just because you put your hand on an attackers back does not mean you have fouled him.  Mane was looking for it there out of desperation.

Yeah we all thought the same about Lovren in the derby a few years back didn’t we only to be told by Shearer and his media mates that actually you can’t do that so DCL fully deserved his pen that day too. These pundits have the integrity of a Tory MP.

I just love watching the media narrative shift depending on who’s being fucked over, it’s an absolute joy it really is, in the same way WWE used to be a joy when I was 10.

• Upvote 7

4 hours ago, Daisy said:

I can't believe how gutless we were. The players have been told/trained to keep their emotions in check. Fuck that let them show some emotion, you can't have intensity all time if you are drilled like robots. 

Get in their faces, tell the ref he's a cunt and deck their fucking players when we've lost the fucking match and the season is over. 

To be fair, in the 2nd half , Mane did shout 'fuck you' at the ref or something similar. Got yellow carded for it.

Trent and Robbo also left a bit in on the Everton players a couple times during the game. I do agree that our players generally need to do more of that. The worry is these refs cant wait to fuck us over. They would dish us as many red cards as possible if they had the chance. And having multiple players on 3 game suspensions isn't going to help in our chase for 4th spot. It is still within our reach.

4 hours ago, Shooter in the Motor said:

I'd like to know what the difference was between the Trent challenge and the one on Mane I think against the Newcastle keeper when he stood up and stopped Mane getting to the ball by knocking him off his feet.

It's fairly obvious now that oppenents see Liverpool as a great scalp to take (that's fair enough, if you're the best you become the benchmark to be measured against) but more importantly it's a stage for the referree to make a name for himself. Reffing Liverpool is as big as it's going to get; how can a ref make himself look like he's made the wrong decision by going against it. VAR: check it. Ref: Fuck off, you're not making me look an idiot at 7pm on Saturday night on BT Sports. Next week I'll be the referree for the fucking Burnley match, what's that gonna do for me?

I disagree strongly with the bolded bit. Teams know we're an easy mark, thats all there is to it. So much so that Mourinho probably needs sacking for his team's timid display against us.

3 hours ago, Sandon Derry Red said:

Serious question Daisy.

How can you call a player who was instrumental in us lifting the Cl in Istabul a ****. ?

Carra is a cunt of a human being. Imagine if Diouf had gobbed on a child and ask yourself if you'd be on here defending him. I can't speak for @Daisy but some of us are capable of separating the player from the man.

• Upvote 1

The ref hasn’t blew the whistle and this cunts calling dives on our players getting hit.

The sad thing is, our players are terrible at going down after being clipped and the overreaction is getting them taken off us. 

Weve never been cute under Klopp for this but it’s got to be done as every other teams getting them for lesser fouls. 

Trent was panic struck against Sterling those last 20 minutes the other week cos he knew if he went within an inch of him he was going to hit the deck and the foul would be given without question. 

What I’d give for Luis Suarez this season. 

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Sandon Derry Red said:

Gooch

I'l admit i'm going off Carra because of a few of the very points you rightly mention there. However I met him at a meet and greet before lockdown and it was very obvious he loved the club.

Maybe I'm old school but anyone calling any ex player a **** needs to have a long hard look at themselves but that's just me.

I’m old school and have always thought he was a cunt. 

1 hour ago, Herp McDerp said:

I disagree strongly with the bolded bit. Teams know we're an easy mark, thats all there is to it. So much so that Mourinho probably needs sacking for his team's timid display against us.

It's fair to say if Liverpool lay out the way they have been recently. However they showed against West Ham if Klopp changes the way the team is set out it may not be so easy just to sit and defend. It's a mystery why he reverted back to 433 after that match. It's not working so why persevere with it when it's clearly been worked out.

6 hours ago, Halcyon Days said:

Yeah we all thought the same about Lovren in the derby a few years back didn’t we only to be told by Shearer and his media mates that actually you can’t do that so DCL fully deserved his pen that day too. These pundits have the integrity of a Tory MP.

I just love watching the media narrative shift depending on who’s being fucked over, it’s an absolute joy it really is, in the same way WWE used to be a joy when I was 10.

Yep, baked potato head is the worse for it. If it’s Salah or Mane they’re diving, Kane or Vardy are entitled to go down if there’s contact. He’s far from the only one either, his oppo space hopper head is just as bad.

Just now, Pete said:

I’d quite like to know when we’ve hit rock bottom as every weekend it appears we have only to fall another level lower. 

Doesn't get lower than being beat by a shite Everton side, they are the lowest point.  Although if we keep playing this 433 trying to play a half arsed high line with players who look more fatigued than last year with midfielders in defence and firminho taking up a space then we may stay on this low point for a while.  

Just now, Bobby Hundreds said:

Doesn't get lower than being beat by a shite Everton side, they are the lowest point.  Although if we keep playing this 433 trying to play a half arsed high line with players who look more fatigued than last year with midfielders in defence and firminho taking up a space then we may stay on this low point for a while.  

Sheffield United say hi

• Upvote 1

• dave u unpinned this topic