You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Liverpool 0 Everton 2 (Feb 20 2021)

tlw content

dave_usher.jpg

Report by
Dave Usher

Ok so this one will be REALLY brief. I’m not in the least bit surprised by what happened because records have been falling all over the fucking place lately. Unbeaten home record gone. Three losses at home for the first time in fuck knows how long. Now it’s four losses in a row for the first time in almost a hundred years. So yeah, if Everton were ever going to win ‘at Anfield’ it was now.

This isn’t Anfield though. We all know it. This isn’t even football. It’s fucking shit and it’s fucking bent. That penalty decision was so bad I didn’t even get angry, I just shrugged. It did look as though finally we’d see VAR do its job properly but no. Andre Marriner knew it wasn’t a penalty and told Kavanagh to go and look.

When that happens, I can only recall one other time when the ref stuck to his original decision (ironically it was Marriner refusing to give a pen against Fabinho at Fulham). Yet this Manc cunt looked at it for two seconds and stood by his clearly wrong decision. 

He didn’t even look at it from a different angle or take a second viewing just to be sure. Why? Because he WANTED to give a pen. Simple as that. Same as that other bellend on VAR last week wanted the Leicester player to be onside. Any time there's a decision to be made these fuckers are allowing their own bias to decide what they want to give. Half the fucking refs in the league are from Manchester but they all support Altrincham or fucking Bury apparently.

If any of you were remotely surprised by this then I don’t know what to tell you. If by this point you still think this is legit and simply down to incompetence then there really is no decision that will ever change your mind. I mean seriously, what is it going to take for you to accept what’s going on? When there's a chance to fuck us they take it. 

But we didn’t lose just because of that penalty. That merely saved Everton from having to see out the final fifteen minutes, which they may or may not have done. We looked as though we’d ran out of steam by that point anyway and I never felt as though we’d equalise. But we were robbed of the opportunity by that ludicrous penalty. We’ve got a history of scoring really late goals against them and that might have caused some nerves at their end, but the pen saved them from that.

I've never seen a penalty given for that before and I doubt I ever will again. Not unless it happens to us again anyway. Kavanagh should be made to explain himself but there's no accountability. They can just give whatever decisions they like without any kind of comeback.

This is just a teaser, click here to view full article

Please note that Match Reports are only available to website subscribers. Subscriptions cost just £2 a month (you need to register first) and can be purchased here. 

• Upvote 2

• dave u pinned this topic

Spot on. 

I hope someone from the club calls it as it is, and not only implies it. Get a 10 match ban or whatever, we won't get top 4 anyway the way our games are being reffed.

I'd say we have a better chance of winning the CL than qualifying for top 4 anyway.

• Upvote 3

I confess I thought you were laying it on a bit thick with this corruption stuff, I almost posted at one point you were losing a bit of creditability, although I wasn’t sure if I believed it all myself deep down.

After that 2 second viewing of the pen, from a distant angle, I’ve got to say, Jesus, what the actual fuck. You appear to be right. I still can’t actually believe what I saw.

• Upvote 1

I said the same thing, Dave. The ref wanted to give that pen no matter what VAR said. He ran over to the monitor and they didnt have chance to run the vid. he just looked at the freeze frame screen and went fuck it, pen!

His actions are beyond belief never mind what is Trent supposed to do there? OK if that's the new norm and the striker runs into a grounded defender who hasnt a clue where the forward is and all refs give pens for that, Im on board.

But we know they wont and even if they did, they wouldnt give it us. How come Trent's a pen yet Kean's two handed push in the back isnt? Carragher can fuck off with his 'not enough' to give it. Funny as fuck, they seem to be against us.

Ithink there's more going on in the background though. Sadio just seems to have a sulk on all the time. I reckon I could knock him off the ball in a 1 on1 now. Last season he was like a brick shithouse and you had to bring him down to stop him.

I think Gini's situation is probably unsettling the group as well.

• Upvote 2

Absolutely spot on.  We were shit but that penalty takes the biscuit.  Can imagine the headphone conversation: "yeah, it's not a real foul, but have a look a give it anyway".  In real time on TV it looks like Alison takes out DCL, as soon as you see the replay you know it is Trent, and not a peno at all.  Even Carra with his Sky prescribed anti-LFC glasses could see that - "a bit harsh".

Think I might be done with watching our league games. What's the point? I just spent the entire second half shouting at the telly and getting increasingly angrier at just about everything that was going on, whether it was the ref or our impotence in front of goal.  Finally turned it off after that farce with the penalty. Lockdown is miserable enough without watching this crap every week. Top 4 isn't happening. I'm not even sure top half is happening any more. Maybe we'll miss out on Europe altogether and can at least avoid the slog of the Europa League next year. It will be interesting to see if these refs dare carry on officiating our games like this when fans are back (hopefully that will be next season). 

Champions league? Who knows. At least we won't be up against the officials in that. It may be the only football I watch for the rest of the season. But in truth it seems ridiculous to imagine us beating City, Bayern or PSG in our present state, It's hard to have much belief in us beating anyone in our present state. I actually kinda have some sympathy for the null and void brigade from last season now because I'd be more than happy to just pretend this utter abortion of a season never happened. 

• Upvote 2

In real time, I can see how the ref initially gave the decision. However, after the multiple angles that he had access to, I don't know how you can reasonably justify the decision. Additionally, after watching this year, it seems unlikely that had Salah gone down in identical circumstances we would have been given a penalty.

I do think the time has come for Klopp to start speaking more forcefully about this. I appreciate he doesn't like excuses and wants to focus on what we can improve ourselves. To a degree, that is admirable. However, there's nothing honourable in letting people take the piss out of you and that is objectively what has been happening with officials this season.

• Upvote 1

Seriously don't think there's been much wrong our performances,  apart from needing a decent number 9....at least 3 times the ball went across the 6 yard box and Bobby, as always, was nowhere. A Kane or even a Bamford would get 20 goals in this team.

And please Jurgen, just play Philips from now on. He's never done anything wrong and looked like Hyppia compared to the hapless Kabak. Play him and Davies for the rest of the season with the powerful full strength midfield, first choice front 3, and see if it can win the European Cup.

• Upvote 4

When they broke before that shitty penalty decision I was screaming at the telly about the fact none of our midfielders gambled on the ball breaking to the edge of the box.

Our midfield has two league goals between them all season and it's absolutely no surprise when you see how deep they all want to sit.

I can't believe how gutless we were. The players have been told/trained to keep their emotions in check. Fuck that let them show some emotion, you can't have intensity all time if you are drilled like robots. 

Get in their faces, tell the ref he's a cunt and deck their fucking players when we've lost the fucking match and the season is over. 

• Upvote 1

Record time for a match report Dave , totally get it. No accountability for these decisions, 1nil defeat acceptable, farcical penalty, not acceptable. We in the ground  unable to quantify. It is wrong and there's fuck all we can do about it. Until we get back, it continues. Its totally miserable and bent .

I'd like to know what the difference was between the Trent challenge and the one on Mane I think against the Newcastle keeper when he stood up and stopped Mane getting to the ball by knocking him off his feet.

It's fairly obvious now that oppenents see Liverpool as a great scalp to take (that's fair enough, if you're the best you become the benchmark to be measured against) but more importantly it's a stage for the referree to make a name for himself. Reffing Liverpool is as big as it's going to get; how can a ref make himself look like he's made the wrong decision by going against it. VAR: check it. Ref: Fuck off, you're not making me look an idiot at 7pm on Saturday night on BT Sports. Next week I'll be the referree for the fucking Burnley match, what's that gonna do for me?

Definitely agree with you there Dave it was never a penalty in this game but to claim it's bent is beneath you mate.

There's a thread further down the page laughing at Evertonians for years and deriding them for moaning about Clive Thomas and Collina and now it's our fans claiming exactly the same narrative which seems to be becoming the default excuse on here after every defeat or bad decision we get.

Does anyone really think there was an officials meeting at the start of the season to unfairly target us and make sure we didn't win games ? I can't believe anyone seriously entertains that notion.

Yes we've had awful luck with injuries but there's still a core of players out there who have lifted the 2 major prizes this past 2 seasons and were happy to receive all the praise when things were going well but have gone into hiding these past couple of months.

Where were the leaders on the pitch tonight ? Easy for people to criticise a young 20 year old playing his first Derby tonight but there were more senior players out there who were conspicuous by their absence.

Our problems are much deeper than dark conspiracy theories.

It's easy to be wise after the event but the investment made by the owners after winning Number 6 and finally winning the league has been criminally negligent. You strengthen the squad when you're on top and our owners failed miserably on that front.

Jurgen has performed miracles playing moneyball under their ownership but you can't keep pulling a rabbit out of the hat forever.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

2 minutes ago, sir roger said:

I think it was arrogance from Kavanagh rather than cheating. He clearly felt a bit peeved that his decision had been queried and had no intention of even giving it a perfunctory look. Ironically , before that I thought he was one of the fairer refs this season.

It was a disgusting display of arrogance he may aswell of kicked the fucking TV over for them daring to pull him up on his wrong decision.

That aside Everton deserved the win it was yet again the same display we've seen for months the only people completely oblivious to it seems to be the only ones who can change it. Let's go again do the same things and get the same results. This Everton side are shit but we are so fucking predictable the battle is half won before kick off.

Firminho deserves massive respect but he's done.

By the way that very same referee gave us a very soft penalty against Leicester in October 2019 when Mane was nudged in the back in injury time.

Was that part of the conspiracy to make sure we won the title last season because I'm genuinely confused.

The referees are not bent lads. They're just shit ffs.

It's why FIFA don't take them to the World Cup any more.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 5

15 minutes ago, sir roger said:

I think it was arrogance from Kavanagh rather than cheating. He clearly felt a bit peeved that his decision had been queried and had no intention of even giving it a perfunctory look. Ironically , before that I thought he was one of the fairer refs this season.

Is there any real difference though Roger? Does any seriously believe if that is down the other end the ref is giving it?

People say our forwards should go down more. Kean does a 2 handed shove in the box in mane's back. Mane goes down and that shithead Carragher is going 'Oh, not enough in it for a pen'!

• dave u unpinned this topic