You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Sheffield Utd (A) PL - Sun 28th Feb 2021 at 19:15

TheDrowningMan

A win, 2 goals and a clean sheet, what more could you want?

So all the hyperventilating before the game was wasted hot air, you think?

Jon Moss is a fat twat. seriously, how is he still reffing? Why were sheffield united players allowed to stand 1 yard in front of our free kicks? Twice they did it stopping us playing the ball forward and twice the fat cunt did nothing?

I know there's all these concerns about concusion but why are we stopping games when heads havent clashed and the player losing the ball flops to the ground holding his head? Ive seen that in a couple of the games today. Ampadu lost out to Sadio, there's no clash of heads yet he's laid on the ground holding his head like there has.

The boys deserved the win tonight. It wasnt pretty or good, expansive football. It was more grinding out the goals. Finally, Curtis decided to chance his arm with a shot and what do you know? A goal! Good work by Trent cutting the ball back just before it went over the line. I was a tad surprised they didnt try andmake out it was out.

Bobby even got in on the act and even though it took a deflection, it's his goal. I dont care if it's going wide, it's his goal.

Adrian in goal did everything asked of him. I think Gini MoTM, nothing stand out but a solid performance and might even have grabbed a goal himself. Robbo really needs to learn to lean over the ball when striking it, He really should have scored with that strike in the 2nd half.

A big game on Thursday now looms and really, we need 3 points from it.

• Upvote 4

*Phew*

Although Bobby missed a few he was deffo sharper tonight. His ball control and passing was excellent I thought. Phillips did really well too. Not sure on Kabak though...

Our team plays better when they are on the front foot. yep we can probably be got at but id rather see Gini, Curtis, Trent, Robbo and Thiago constantly moving forward than trying to contain.

17 minutes ago, dockers_strike said:

A win, 2 goals and a clean sheet, what more could you want?

So all the hyperventilating before the game was wasted hot air, you think?

Jon Moss is a fat twat. seriously, how is he still reffing? Why were sheffield united players allowed to stand 1 yard in front of our free kicks? Twice they did it stopping us playing the ball forward and twice the fat cunt did nothing?

I know there's all these concerns about concusion but why are we stopping games when heads havent clashed and the player losing the ball flops to the ground holding his head? Ive seen that in a couple of the games today. Ampadu lost out to Sadio, there's no clash of heads yet he's laid on the ground holding his head like there has.

The boys deserved the win tonight. It wasnt pretty or good, expansive football. It was more grinding out the goals. Finally, Curtis decided to chance his arm with a shot and what do you know? A goal! Good work by Trent cutting the ball back just before it went over the line. I was a tad surprised they didnt try andmake out it was out.

Bobby even got in on the act and even though it took a deflection, it's his goal. I dont care if it's going wide, it's his goal.

Adrian in goal did everything asked of him. I think Gini MoTM, nothing stand out but a solid performance and might even have grabbed a goal himself. Robbo really needs to learn to lean over the ball when striking it, He really should have scored with that strike in the 2nd half.

A big game on Thursday now looms and really, we need 3 points from it.

Nope.

Sheff Utd were worse than I thought to be fair. We played well but against Chelsea...well we will see.

Yes it was Sheffield United, who have been awful this season as well as suffering an injury crisis of their own (5 subs might have helped to lessen the load - looking at you, Chris Wilder), but on the whole we did what we needed to do. Yes there were a few scares because the entire central back line was comprised of back-ups, but we generally played with more tempo and fluidity than of late.

We posed a treat in attack, even though we didn't have our shooting boots on. That's a massive improvement on a few weeks back where we posed no threat as well as not having our shooting boots on.

We moved the ball quicker and turned the Sheff Utd defenders. That's an improvement on a few weeks ago when we moved the ball achingly slowly and always in front of the opposition.

Again, we have to gauge that display against the standard of opposition, but for me the most telling thing was that we didn't have any square pegs in round holes. Can't remember the last time that was the case. Having two actual central defenders in there makes a huge difference to how we keep our shape with and without the ball. They might not be the best players (Kabak is young but erratic, and Phillips is steady and brings physicality but turns like an oil tanker) but, being centre backs, they THINK like centre backs so doing what centre backs do comes more naturally to them.

Baby steps forward, but that's much better than two giant left feet tripping backwards over themselves.

24 minutes ago, AngryofTuebrook said:

New superstition - Halcyon Days has to go for a massive piss in the middle of each match.

Get that man a crate of Cresta cream soda by Thursday. 

It’s the Lidl Perlenbacher turns you into the kid from East is East.

Make sure I’m restocked for Thursday, don’t worry Jurgen lad we’ve got this.

• Upvote 2

31 minutes ago, Chip Butty said:

Thought Nat Phillips had a really assured game. 

You can see speed will catch him out, but the more physical games we have coming up, there are less worries about him that I guess we'd all first thought. 

No not all of us judged him after 12 seconds like the instant reaction Twitter generation mongs on here

1 hour ago, Colonel Bumcunt said:

Why is Salah so peripheral this half?  It's like he's banished to the wing. 

I thought it looked more like a 442 tonight with Salah and Jones the 2 wide midfielders. Salah stayed on the touchline which allowed Trent to be facing the game and play closer to the CBs. On the other side we did the opposite with Jones tucking in and Robertson staying wide. Maybe because we need bodies around Phillips due to his lack of pace. 

Mané definitely played up front ahead of Firmino though - until we got the 2nd when we reverted to 433. 

• Upvote 1