Quantcast
Sheffield Utd (A) PL - Sun 28th Feb 2021 at 19:15 - Page 29 - FF - Football Forum - The Liverpool Way Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
TheDrowningMan

Sheffield Utd (A) PL - Sun 28th Feb 2021 at 19:15

Well a win at last and that is important.

Away from home always think have more of a chance as teams will come on to us more and leave space - even these tonight were just that little bit more easy to play against than they would be at ours.

Problem is could you see us beating these at Anfield?

Can we see this shadow of a Liverpool team beating Chelsea in midweek - Kabak and Phillips at times looked awful v the shite these have up front - Chelsea have quality against them.

But a win is a win, a step in right direction and a rare treat of late.

I thought that game had Sunderland 2002/03 written all over it: I was convinced those cunts were going to take points that wouldn't be worth a thing to them.

I just feel so relieved. 

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Joey8FrogsLegs said:

Three points and a half decent performance. I’ll take that, even if this obviously wont be good enough against most PL sides. Our finishing is still a major concern, and the central defence is a liability.

But apart from that were back.

1 minute ago, an tha said:

Away from home always think have more of a chance as teams will come on to us more and leave space - even these tonight were just that little bit more easy to play against than they would be at ours.

Can we see this shadow of a Liverpool team beating Chelsea in midweek - Kabak and Phillips at times looked awful v the shite these have up front - Chelsea have quality against them.

If Fabinho and Alisson are back, we'll beat them I reckon.

With this 'spine', no chance.

Bloody typical

The last few weekends we've played early and ruined the entire effing weekend

This week I thought at least my weekend won't be ruined until Sunday night...

A game of football is played over 90 minutes, plus injury time. We played every minute today like we wanted to win and keep a clean sheet.

We won that through sheer determination and good control once we got the much needed second goal. Yes - an own goal, but no goal at all w/o Bobby’s intricate skill in the box.

Defence overall was sound. 

Next league game is Chelsea and because of this weekends results, if we beat them, we start to look much stronger for 4th.

• Upvote 1

Just now, m0e said:

If Fabinho and Alisson are back, we'll beat them I reckon.

With this 'spine', no chance.

Can't see Alisson playing personally....and Fabinho is steadily becoming like Matip, if see him its a bonus!

Just now, waddy78 said:

But apart from that were back.

haha, yeah. I actually think our general play isn’t that bad. We just struggle to create and score enough, and we’re far too soft in defence. Lots to build on in this team and squad, but lacking cutting edge and telling quality both ends of the pitch at the moment.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, an tha said:

Can't believe writing this...but i'd take Firmino off now for Origi and play Origi through middle...yes he is shite, but at least given chance and he will get them today, he might be  able to actually shoot and score.

They are dead weak and slow through middle.

You actually wanted Origi on!!

There's been some absolute bollocks posted on here tonight. But you won 1st prize.

Ever played the game to any decent standard by the way?

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

3 minutes ago, an tha said:

Kabak made me squirm everytime he touched the ball but i thought Phillips did ok 

• Upvote 1

Just now, AB13 said:

You actually wanted Origi on!!

There's been some absolute bollocks posted on here tonight. But you won 1st prize.

Ever played the game to any decent standard by the way?

Obviously not as highly as you....

A welcome relief. Played well to be fair but against a better team we'd have been punished. The midfield and strikers were very good and defence did well on the physical side. Shame we didnt have better,or more experienced centre backs as we look decent everywhere else.

1 hour ago, Butch said:

Keeper will be motm tonight. 

tumblr_oljg3lIxUu1qa9c31o8_500.gif

Glad I got this wrong. Important win this. 

giphy-2 (2).gif

3 minutes ago, andyj said:

Kabak made me squirm everytime he touched the ball but i thought Phillips did ok 

Kabak seems to have no positonal sense, pushes up when shouldn't...loses man.

Phillips was ok, but his lack of pace was shown up a couple of times and outmuscled by that Burke...cleverer players will really show him up i fear.

• Upvote 1