Sign in to follow this  
TheDrowningMan

Sheffield Utd (A) PL - Sun 28th Feb 2021 at 19:15

7 minutes ago, Jairzinho said:

Who starts upfront for them? It's that 7ft McBurnie lad, isn't it? The bits of them I've seen Brewster is always on the bench.

Him and MacGoldrick I think. Sometimes Sharp. 

1 hour ago, Jairzinho said:

We don't have any other central midfielders, do we?

I always assume Keita and AOC are injured. What about Milner?

Injured too

We’re mostly absolute dross after a week off and given our current form?

Brewster to get a hatrick 

Regardless, I won’t be watching this one. 

15 minutes ago, Shooter in the Motor said:

We'll smash these, comfortable 0-0.

Bold of you to assume we'll keep a clean sheet against a side that's scored 6 times in their past 11 games. They'll score twice at least.

Please God just try something different.

new formation, different personnel, just try something that’s not completely predictable. We’re so easy to play against otherwise. It’s infuriating to watch us make the same mistakes every. single. week.

If Fabinho is fit yet starts at CB I think, regrettably, it would be fair to question whether all is right with Jurgen, regardless of his assertions that he’s in good shape. There’s giving players a chance to bed in and then there’s sacrificing game after game with a moribund midfield that completely robs the team of its intensity.

I’m not talking about sacking, that’s something I want to avoid at all costs, but what if someone at the club had taken Kenny aside in early ‘91 and said “you need a break and the seat is yours to return to in the summer”?  Even if things pick, sometimes a manager’s demeanour and decisions say a lot more about their well-being than results do.

We all know why we’re here, people have differing opinions so be it. The manager and players need to do something about it in the short term with a third of the season left. What do we do with what we have and what is happening?

• Upvote 1

Apparently Milner, Fabinho and Jota back in training this week. Guessing then Fabinho will go straight in as CB seeing Henderson is out for a few weeks. Cheeky Jota sub at minute 60? Would be great. Wow, how we've missed him the last couple months. Great player. 

22 hours ago, sir roger said:

The only positive I can come up with is that our tactics seem to work slightly less worse away from home.

Rephrased that a bit. 

• Upvote 1

Every game is approached with trepidation now. It is depressing. But I hold out hope that we will pick up the stick by the non shitty end for a change. I dont like depending on luck but surely ours has to change sometime?

It fucking grinds my gears no end that every other club seem to be given these soft pens. Im sick of seeing different interpretations applied to us and others in the box.

Even when oppo keepers foul our players, there's an excuse not to give a pen, not enough contact, was accidental, not spotted by VAR. Really, how the fuck did VAR 'miss' Darlow's grab on Sadio's leg? Where was dermot gallagher going on about the player being 'impeded' over that? That incident is far more blatant than Trent and lewin any time of the day. If gallagher said anything, I missed it.

They dont just make it up as they go along, they see what they want to see and it's giving me the hump.

22 hours ago, sir roger said:

The only positive I can come up with is that our tactics seem to work slightly better away from home.

and its in London 

On 21/02/2021 at 08:20, BeefStroganoff said:

We should go defensive for this. Bring Davies in and drop Kabak. I think Kabak is awful.

Phillips and Davies as centre halves, everyone deeper. Gini, Thiago and Keita in midfield, Origi in for firmino

That side finishes 8th.