You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Sheffield Utd (A) PL - Sun 28th Feb 2021 at 19:15

TheDrowningMan

15 hours ago, Elite said:

I wonder if we don't score in training either?

Of course we score in training 

Past Adrian, random teens and Achterberg.

14 hours ago, AngryofTuebrook said:

New superstition - Halcyon Days has to go for a massive piss in the middle of each match.

Get that man a crate of Cresta cream soda by Thursday. 

We know a song about that, don’t we, children?

4 hours ago, Jairzinho said:

Well, it's a balance surely?

If he plays ten games and he's so shit that he costs us a CL place then it would have been better to play Davies. Obviously, it's not as clearcut as that, either way, but that's the decision Klopp needs to make. Balancing building for next season with ensuring this one isn't disastrous. 

Yes. All I'm saying is that it's not surprising to me that Davies hasn't played and I don't think it's a signal of anything to do with his ability. Not that I know anything about him, just that I think there are more logical reasons for playing Kabak and Phillips ahead of him at this point. Some people are taking it as a sign that's he's absolutely shite and that we only signed him to try to turn a profit. 

3 hours ago, 3 Stacks said:

Something interesting from the game; Jones' average position was the highest of anybody in the team. 

image.png

It’s very interesting, and probably reflects a few adjustmenst we’ve made.

Mane is more central, and closer to Bobby, which was a clear change in the second half vs Everton. It’s also clear the Curtis has been told, as Klopp also said in an interview, to get more involved in the key attacking areas. And interesting that Salah is so wide, it looks like the intention is to get Robbo more forwards, and be a bit more consevative on Trent’s side.

Anyway these are average positions I guess, so dont tell the full story, but some indications of what’s going on.

And I reckon the CBs need more bodies closer to them against Chelsea!

8 hours ago, RobbieOR said:

Kabak and Davies should be ahead of Phillips. He isn't good enough to play for us. Kabak might not be either but he's played at a level that Phillips hasn't or ever will and he's going to make a mistake soon because that is what happens when someone who isnt good enough is exposed too much.

IMO in the long term neither Kabak or Phillips are good enough for us. In the short term, however, I would have Phillips in before Kabak. Phillips may lack pace but he’s strong, good in the air and has some aggression about him. Kabak doesn’t seem to have any standout qualities. He doesn’t look particularly quick or good in the air and doesn’t seem to read the game very well. The only thing he has going for him is that he is young. 

I don’t know how you can want Davies in before Phillips when he is a completely unknown quantity.

8 hours ago, RobbieOR said:

Kabak and Davies should be ahead of Phillips. He isn't good enough to play for us. Kabak might not be either but he's played at a level that Phillips hasn't or ever will and he's going to make a mistake soon because that is what happens when someone who isnt good enough is exposed too much.

I like Philips and I’ve just started enjoying how negging people feels. Petty yet empowering.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

On 01/03/2021 at 18:41, Simbo said:

IMO in the long term neither Kabak or Phillips are good enough for us. In the short term, however, I would have Phillips in before Kabak. Phillips may lack pace but he’s strong, good in the air and has some aggression about him. Kabak doesn’t seem to have any standout qualities. He doesn’t look particularly quick or good in the air and doesn’t seem to read the game very well. The only thing he has going for him is that he is young. 

I don’t know how you can want Davies in before Phillips when he is a completely unknown quantity.

Giroud started on Sunday so Abraham/Warner will probably play up front on Thursday. Therefore, I'd play Fabinho & Kabak but Phillips should play in other games when it suits

4 minutes ago, magicrat said:

I fear then worst if Adrian has to play 

Klopp expecting Alison to be available. Is Kelleher injured?

Not sure if the lad has traveled to Brazil and back or he had to stay here because of the virus. I know Klopp had to miss his mums funeral, which must have been awful for him.

Just now, Reckoner said:

He’s expecting Alison to be available.

Not sure if the lad has traveled to Brazil and back or he had to stay here because of the virus. I know Klopp had to miss his mums funeral, which must have been awful for him.

Can't see him avoiding quarantine rules given the current situation with Brasil . Must have stayed in the UK 

Leave Phillips in till end of season, as most of us have said he’s never let us down, ok he’s slow but is commanding and can pick a pass out no problem. Kabak terrifies me as much as Phillips did just looks out of his depth to me, completely ill at ease with the system and speed of play going on in and around him. Phillips and Fabinho or Phillips / Davies (he can’t be that bad) but I don’t know how we ease the latter in now things are getting serious.

Just now, Halcyon Days said:

Leave Phillips in till end of season, as most of us have said he’s never let us down, ok he’s slow but is commanding and can pick a pass out no problem. Kabak terrifies me as much as Phillips did just looks out of his depth to me, completely ill at ease with the system and speed of play going on in and around him. Phillips and Fabinho or Phillips / Davies (he can’t be that bad) but I don’t know how we ease the latter in now things are getting serious.

It’s Williams who terrified me