You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Sheffield Utd (A) PL - Sun 28th Feb 2021 at 19:15

TheDrowningMan

Well a win at last and that is important.

Away from home always think have more of a chance as teams will come on to us more and leave space - even these tonight were just that little bit more easy to play against than they would be at ours.

Problem is could you see us beating these at Anfield?

Can we see this shadow of a Liverpool team beating Chelsea in midweek - Kabak and Phillips at times looked awful v the shite these have up front - Chelsea have quality against them.

But a win is a win, a step in right direction and a rare treat of late.

1 minute ago, Joey8FrogsLegs said:

Three points and a half decent performance. I’ll take that, even if this obviously wont be good enough against most PL sides. Our finishing is still a major concern, and the central defence is a liability.

But apart from that were back.

1 minute ago, an tha said:

Away from home always think have more of a chance as teams will come on to us more and leave space - even these tonight were just that little bit more easy to play against than they would be at ours.

Can we see this shadow of a Liverpool team beating Chelsea in midweek - Kabak and Phillips at times looked awful v the shite these have up front - Chelsea have quality against them.

If Fabinho and Alisson are back, we'll beat them I reckon.

With this 'spine', no chance.

A game of football is played over 90 minutes, plus injury time. We played every minute today like we wanted to win and keep a clean sheet.

We won that through sheer determination and good control once we got the much needed second goal. Yes - an own goal, but no goal at all w/o Bobby’s intricate skill in the box.

Defence overall was sound. 

Next league game is Chelsea and because of this weekends results, if we beat them, we start to look much stronger for 4th.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, an tha said:

Can't believe writing this...but i'd take Firmino off now for Origi and play Origi through middle...yes he is shite, but at least given chance and he will get them today, he might be  able to actually shoot and score.

They are dead weak and slow through middle.

You actually wanted Origi on!!

There's been some absolute bollocks posted on here tonight. But you won 1st prize.

Ever played the game to any decent standard by the way?

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

3 minutes ago, an tha said:

Kabak made me squirm everytime he touched the ball but i thought Phillips did ok 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, andyj said:

Kabak made me squirm everytime he touched the ball but i thought Phillips did ok 

Kabak seems to have no positonal sense, pushes up when shouldn't...loses man.

Phillips was ok, but his lack of pace was shown up a couple of times and outmuscled by that Burke...cleverer players will really show him up i fear.

• Upvote 1

That'll do. 

Hopefully we can go on a little run to get some confidence back. 

Jones was good tonight. Robertson seemed to be getting forward a bit more than usual. Nat Phillips did quite well. He seemed to relish the physical battle against McBurnie. 

Young Curtis definitely doesn't like doing the interviews though. Seems very nervous. I hope he doesn't stop scoring do that he can avoid doing any more of them.