You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Sheffield Utd (A) PL - Sun 28th Feb 2021 at 19:15

TheDrowningMan

1 minute ago, an tha said:

Last week was when we reached rock fucking bottom, wasn't it?...wasn't it?.....

Hopefully, but I think this one is going to be a slog. If Adrian an our patchwork defence can hold out for the first 20 minutes or so we should be able to wear this lot down. Concede within the first half of the first half and we're fucked.

• Downvote 1

Jones should be no where near starting 11 tonight too. He’s been good in games against better sides where there’s a lot of broken field running and his work off the ball is very good. But games like tonight he’s offered nothing hopefully 2 of 3 of Keita, Shaqiri and Chamberlain start. Jota for 30 off the bench too.

• Upvote 1

I’ve been defending Keita longer than most on here. And still think he could’ve been a very good, and not least different, player in out midfield.

But even I gave up on him a long time ago due to all the injuries. The lad seems to get injured when asleep.

So it’s a bit of a surprise seeing people wanting him to start this match. I wouldn’t even consider it.

The way we’ve been playing lately we could obviously loose this one as well. They will no doubt park the bus and try to hit us on counter. Which will be a major worry, we just seem so soft defensively. Also set pieces will be a major worry. I doubt we’ll score from a corner ourselves again this season. When things are not going your way, being able to score from a set piece is extremely useful. Just look at City yesterday and not least ourselves last season.

On the other hand corners and any sort of high balls into our area will cause problems. Not least if we have Adrian in goal.

Our non existing threat from distance has been mentioned by many, and is also a problem. Spurs is not a brilliant side, but todays match against Burnley clearly shows the value of having players able to hit it cleanly from more than 5 yeards out.

Need to be all over them from the start, and kill them with the pace, movement and passing that has been missing of late. If we do that, get an early goal and they need to open up a bit more of course we should get plenty if opportunities to punish them severely.

Can see this go either way unfortunately, a good start is probably vital.

2 hours ago, The Golden Eel said:

I'm at a point where I expect to lose every game and anything else is a bonus. Wouldn't be surprised in the slightest if we lose 

Sadly agree.

Although a bit more hopeful as away....if was Anfield, well you know what is coming.

Away even against a side as defensive as these there has to be more space to exploit as game wears on....but with that clown in goals and our championship standard centre half situation, well it could be tricky.

One thing i want to see is some fight and pride.....the meek shithouse way we came out v the bitters last week was unacceptable.