You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Greatest Album Ever - Group K (Vote for your top 2)

Bjornebye

Greatest Album Ever - Group K (Vote for your top 2)  

60 members have voted

1. 1. Greatest Album Ever - Group K (Vote for your top 2)

• Sex Pistols - Never Mind The Bollocks
    • Radiohead - Kid A
    • Joni Mitchell - Blue
    • Pink Floyd - Wish You Were Here

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 21/02/21 at 13:05

Kid A is Radiohead's finest work for me. Idioteque is my favourite song of theirs. I don't like Pink Floyd, although if I had to listen to anything by them it would be Wish You Were Here. Blue is timeless and while I liked Never Mind The Bollocks when I was younger I can't really picture myself listening it it now. So, Kid A and Blue.

22 minutes ago, Tony Moanero said:

Blue and Wish You Were Here. I’m not a big fan of Pink Floyd, however, I find the Sex Pistols unlistenable and I don’t enjoy Thom Yorke’s vocals.

I’ve often heard people say Kid A is a masterpiece but it could have its work cut out making it past this round.

Same for me. 

48 minutes ago, AngryofTuebrook said:

If you struggle sleeping, listen to it.

Neil Young, for example, does a lot of songs that are 12 minutes or more, but at least something happens during that time. 

David Gilmour making sweet love to his red Stratocaster is happening throughout. 

38 minutes ago, Code said:

David Gilmour making sweet love to his red Stratocaster is happening throughout. 

It takes him 5 minutes to play the first four notes.  I mean, I hate show-off, speedfreak fret-wanking as much as anyone, but four notes in five minutes is taking the piss.

Kid A and Wish you were Here for me. Loved the angry rebellious feel of the Pistols when I was 14 but it's completely of its time and sadly it comes off as a bit cartoon-ish now. 

I've no desire to hear any more of Joni Mitchell because what I have heard previously (Ladies of the Canyon) bored the living shit out of me.

I still listen to WYWH and Kid A on a regular basis.