You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Greatest Album Ever - Group I (Vote for your top 2)

Bjornebye

Greatest Album Ever - Group I (Vote for your top 2)  

61 members have voted

1. 1. Greatest Album Ever - Group I (Vote for your top 2)

• David Bowie - Hunky Dory
    • Blondie - Parallel Lines
    • The Beatles - Revolver
    • Led Zeppelin - Physical Graffiti

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 20/02/21 at 17:15

5 minutes ago, Mook said:

Aye, fair enough. I've always thought the three songs that opened PG were about as good as it gets.

Looks like it's going out anyway, as expected.

Oh yeah, it kicks into stride with In My Time of Dying for sure. 

Tracks 3-13 are great though. If it was those ten tracks it would be up there with the first four albums in terms of songs.

59 minutes ago, Juniper said:

Hunky Dory and Revolver for me

Can never been able to listen to Physical Graffiti all the way through.

It’s just the same tempo way too many times.

Custard Pie and The Rover are awful openers. Proper bland, middle of the road Zeppelin to kick off an album.

For example, the open riffs to Sick Again sounds like it’s about to come blasting out the gates, then, hello, there’s that similar tempo again soon.  

For me, it has some absolute classics but reduce that down from 15 tracks to 8 or 9 or even ten and it’s right up there.

Plus I can’t stand how it’s mixed. The worst sounding zeppelin album with less thump and too much compression. 

Would love to buzz of it as lots of people seem to but too much fillers, for me. 

Truck down. 

Yeah it's very heavy on the drumming. 

7 hours ago, The Midnight Rambler said:

Another Bowie album that I don’t get. Were teeny bobbers still following him it at this point too? Total meh.

Perfect soundtrack for a walk home from the boozer steamin’

I feel the same about Hunky Dory. Bowie is obviously fantastic and it’s a good album but not one I default to if I’m in the mood for some of his tunes. I know many rate it as his finest, but I’m not one of them.