You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Greatest Album Ever - Group H (Vote for your top 2)

Bjornebye

Greatest Album Ever - Group H (Vote for your top 2)  

64 members have voted

1. 1. Greatest Album Ever - Group H (Vote for your top 2)

• Dusty Springfield - Dusty in Memphis
    • Public Enemy - It Takes a Nation of Millions to Hold us Back
    • Morrissey - Vauxhall +1
    • Guns N Roses - Appetite For Destruction

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 20/02/21 at 13:00

I nominated Dusty in Memphis. For the first time in this tournament I’m struggling to justify voting for a second album. With the exception of the odd song, I’ve never really liked Morrisey’s solo stuff. I’ve never listened to a Public Enemy album and to be honest I have no inclination to do so. I had Appetite for Destruction on cassette as a kid, so I suppose it will have to be that, although I haven’t listened to it for about thirty years.

2 minutes ago, SasaS said:

But why should you have to, if you have an album you love in a group where you absolutely don't care for any of the other three. Surely it's better to vote for only one than not vote at all.

Just shut up. All you've done is moan and be a smart arse since I started doing all these. 

• Upvote 1

PE and Moz.

PE is brilliant (better songs than on Fear of the Black Planet, though the latter has a better sound for me).

Vauxhall and I is up there with his Smiths work. Now My Heart Is Full might be his best song full stop.

There's gonna be some trouble.
A whole house will need re-building
And everyone I love in the house
Will recline on an analyst's couch quite soon
Your father cracks a joke
And in the usual way
Empties the room

Tell all of my friends
I don't have too many
Just some rain-coated lovers' puny brothers

Dallow, Spicer, Pinkie, Cubitt
Rush to danger
Wind up nowhere
Patric Doonan, raised to wait
I'm tired again, I've tried again, and
Now my heart is full
Now my heart is full
And I just can't explain
So I won't even try to

Dallow, Spicer, Pinkie, Cubitt
Every jammy Stressford poet
Loafing oafs in all-night chemists
Loafing oafs in all-night chemists
Underact, express depression
Ah, but Bunnie I loved you
I was tired again
I've tried again, and
Now my heart is full
Now my heart is full
And I just can't explain
So I won't even try to.

2 minutes ago, SasaS said:

Mostly OK, some lower back pain. Slightly baffled by the accusation though.

All you and Cloggy do is whinge and throw snide digs in. I mean we're all guilty of it but since I've started these it's just boring now. I've probably made it sound 10 x more of a deal than it is to be fair. Sorry to hear about your back. Is that a normal symptom of the rough bum aids? 

Just now, Bjornebye said:

All you and Cloggy do is whinge and throw snide digs in. I mean we're all guilty of it but since I've started these it's just boring now. I've probably made it sound 10 x more of a deal than it is to be fair. Sorry to hear about your back. Is that a normal symptom of the rough bum aids? 

What snide digs and where do I whinge? At least more than anybody else? Bizzarre. All I said was it would be a shame for a vote to go uncast for something he loves because he doesn't care for the other three.

No, it is mostly normal, life's too sedentary and the bed is probably ready for replacing.

3 minutes ago, SasaS said:

What snide digs and where do I whinge? At least more than anybody else? Bizzarre. All I said was it would be a shame for a vote to go uncast for something he loves because he doesn't care for the other three.

No, it is mostly normal, life's too sedentary and the bed is probably ready for replacing.

See, here you go again

Sounds like you need one of these:

maxresdefault.jpg