You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Premier League Round Up (Feb 13-17 2021)

tlw content

Well it could have been worse. Our losing streak continued but other than City, pretty much everyone else is shite as well, which softens the blow a little.

All the media focus seems to be on our bad run but it’s not just us. United, Spurs, Everton, Arsenal… all of them have records similar or worse to ours over the last half a dozen games. Yeah that’s right, Ole’s “flying United” have only won two of the last six and they’ve dropped points to the likes of West Brom and Sheffield United.

I’ll start with Spurs who threatened early against City but were eventually just worn down and lost 3-0. Kane hit the inside of the post with a brilliant free-kick but that was as good as it got as Gundogan gave them the runaround. That’s a lot of G’s there. Bit of a tongue twister.

City were awarded a penalty when Hoibjerg clashed with Gundogan. I don’t think it was a pen as I don’t see what the Spurs player could have done to avoid that. Not that I’m arsed. I would be if what City did have any relevance to us but it doesn’t, so they can win every game from now until May for all I care now.

City are so desperate for a reliable penalty taker now that Rodri has been given a go. All the forwards are shite from the spot and it’s only a matter of time before Ederson is on them. Rodri scored, but only just. Lloris almost had it.

Gundogan made it 2-0 when he stole into the box unnoticed to collect a pass from Sterling and toe poked it past Lloris. That’s exactly the kind of goal we NEVER score and it’s what you need to do against a packed defence. Spurs had everyone back, but Sterling held onto the ball and waited for the late run of Gundogan.

None of our midfielders would make that run which is why so much responsibility is on our front three. I’m not criticising our midfield players individually, as they’re playing to instructions, but this is why City have so little trouble against mark the bus teams. You only have to look at how we struggle against Burnley and then compare it to the way City put four or five past them every time.

Gundogan added another from a brilliant ball by Ederson. What he did to Sanchez there should illegal. I actually felt sorry for the poor bastard. 

Gundogan has 11 goals in his last 12 games but I don’t see him doing anything that Gini couldn’t if he was given licence to. We hardly ever let the midfielders run ahead of the ball into the box though. To be fair we’ve had a lot of success playing like that, I just think maybe it’s time to tweak some things against the shithouse teams.

City have completely re-invented themselves and currently nobody has an answer to it. Eventually teams will figure it out, they always do. That’s why you need to keep evolving. To be fair that’s why we signed Thiago and Jota but at no point this season has Klopp ever been able to pick his strongest team.

There’s been some talk that City are thinking of naming a stand after recently deceased City legend Colin Bell. The stumbling block is they’re concerned about the inevitable confusion it would cause as everyone would immediately think of Guardiola whenever they heard reference to ‘the Bell End’.

This is just a teaser, click here to view the full article

Please note that PL Round Ups are only available to website subscribers. Subscriptions cost just £2 a month (you need to register first) and can be purchased here. 

• dave u pinned this topic
1 hour ago, Frank Dacey said:

It's been another terrible week for refereeing with Darren Drysdale squaring up  to Alan Judge and Kevin Friend stinking it up in the championship game at Wycombe. How long before someone, a manager or a commentator says there's a crisis and calls for heads to roll?

For certain it won't be a commentator or pundit (looks at Shearer) as that is a turkey (Shearer again) voting for Christmas moment.

• dave u unpinned this topic