You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Everton (H) PL - Sat 20th Feb 2021 at 17:30

TheDrowningMan

Didn’t post on this yesterday because I was genuinely too upset. This is a really challenging time. Life itself is halted as we know it and we’re in the midst of our worst run of form since the Hodgson era.

You obviously can’t discount the effects the injuries have had on our side and there’s absolutely no way we’d be in this position if we had our strongest side out. But yesterday we were a disgrace, these fucking cunts destroyed our season and we were so meek and passive in everything we did. I cannot believe how we played, one of the most disappointing displays under Klopp for me undoubtedly.

We have a real crisis on our hands, the scary part is I don’t really know how we get out of it. Henderson out now too, it’s just got even harder. Kabak looks awful truth be told, we don’t fucking half miss Lovren. The Twitter fans got their way and now look at us.

I’d be inclined to change to a 4-4-2 of sorts mane and Salah up front, get chamberlain and Shaqiri on the wings until Jota’s back then put mo and himself as a 2 and Sadio on one of the wings. Back to fucking basics and stop getting beaten.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, LFC 6 Times said:

Didn’t post on this yesterday because I was genuinely too upset. This is a really challenging time. Life itself is halted as we know it and we’re in the midst of our worst run of form since the Hodgson era.

You obviously can’t discount the effects the injuries have had on our side and there’s absolutely no way we’d be in this position if we had our strongest side out. But yesterday we were a disgrace, these fucking cunts destroyed our season and we were so meek and passive in everything we did. I cannot believe how we played, one of the most disappointing displays under Klopp for me undoubtedly.

We have a real crisis on our hands, the scary part is I don’t really know how we get out of it. Henderson out now too, it’s just got even harder. Kabak looks awful truth be told, we don’t fucking half miss Lovren. The Twitter fans got their way and now look at us.

I’d be inclined to change to a 4-4-2 of sorts mane and Salah up front, get chamberlain and Shaqiri on the wings until Jota’s back then put mo and himself as a 2 and Sadio on one of the wings. Back to fucking basics and stop getting beaten.

And yet every week we play the same system with shoe-horning players who aren't good enough in that position and weakening major parts of the team 

What is it they say "the definition of insanity is to keep doing the same thing over and over again but expecting different results" . 

1 hour ago, Herp McDerp said:

We are of course the only team to be playing in the midst of a pandemic, with no fans allowed in our stadium and of course it goes wthout saying that never before in the history of the club or the game has any other team ever had to deal with an injury crisis like ours. We're shit. Worse than we should be even given our injury list. Deal with it.

So you're telling me you've studied each and every teams home record during the pandemic and compared their injuries to ours, only to find we are the only ones struggling!?

Get a fucking grip.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Stickman said:

And yet every week we play the same system with shoe-horning players who aren't good enough in that position and weakening major parts of the team 

What is it they say "the definition of insanity is to keep doing the same thing over and over again but expecting different results" . 

What system do you want to see?

Enlighten us.

21 minutes ago, m0e said:

So you're telling me you've studied each and every teams home record during the pandemic and compared their injuries to ours, only to find we are the only ones struggling!?

Get a fucking grip.

I feel that has flown over your head somewhat.

21 minutes ago, m0e said:

What system do you want to see?

Enlighten us.

Off the top of my head 442 4411 players in the side that will protect the back four instead of teams being able to drive a bus through it .

Might be wrong as I'm not a top class manager but losing four at home on the bounce tends to illustrate a problem .

Just trying to make us hard to beat is a start

5 hours ago, Preston Red said:

That's pretty special. I'd love to see them fly again over here but the CAA will never allow it. There's an American restoration going ahead at the minute and she's had a few taxi runs so hopefully she isn't far off.

ZF581 used to be in a corner of Rochester airport but has been acquired by Bentwater museum for restoration

When in service, they were the only aircraft capable of intercepting Concorde..............

The four games we lost at home were freaks of nature when you look at the stats, I know Dave has touched on it in his match summaries, but it's a perfect storm of shitness,we are not that bad. Call it the rub of the green whatever you like but when you factor in the officiating this kind of run is very possible for a team of this quality, let's not forget we were 5 points clear at the top at Christmas even with all the the injuries. 

• Upvote 1

Injuries or not the way we stared that game yesterday was unforgivable. We should have been bang up for it especially after what happened in the game at goodison but we started terribly and were 2nd to everything in the 1st half. 

It’s been a long time since you can say Everton wanted it more than us in a derby but they did in that 1st half which basically sealed our fate. 

14 hours ago, Josef Svejk said:

It's no worse than his last year at Dortmund. He'll have plenty of options. The German national job at worst. 

But, my god, when his teams go into decline, they do it spectacularly... 

Nonsense. The reached the German Cup final and had a resurgance afte christmas and made Europe. The jobs he takes are like a temporary joist holding up a supporting wall,it'll manage it for a short time but without help it will collapse eventually.

3 minutes ago, devilsadvocate said:

Injuries or not the way we stared that game yesterday was unforgivable. We should have been bang up for it especially after what happened in the game at goodison but we started terribly and were 2nd to everything in the 1st half. 

It’s been a long time since you can say Everton wanted it more than us in a derby but they did in that 1st half which basically sealed our fate. 

So fucking meek.

Couldn't believe how we came out.

Where was the fire, the appetite to go and get into them and get some pay back and to assert ourselves? We should have come out fired up to fuck and ready to fight like bastards....instead we came out timid, hesitant and meek.

That was the worst thing for me - not fact they won, and ended those 20 plus and 10 plus year records, but fact we meekly let them.

Those people who spent all day lining the Anny Rd with banners so players saw them when bus drove in, not a fucking ounce of inspiration or fight was ignited by it in our meek team.

We have gone from mentality monsters to mentality midgets.

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, an tha said:

So fucking meek.

Couldn't believe how we came out.

Where was the fire, the appetite to go and get into them and get some pay back and to assert ourselves? We should have come out fired up to fuck and ready to fight like bastards....instead we came out timid, hesitant and meek.

That was the worst thing for me - not fact they won, and ended those 20 plus and 10 plus year records, but fact we meekly let them.

Those people who spent all day lining the Anny Rd with banners so players saw them when bus drove in, not a fucking ounce of inspiration or fight was ignited by it in our meek team.

We have gone from mentality monsters to mentality midgets.

Totally agree it’s was unforgivable. 

1 hour ago, Stickman said:

Off the top of my head 442 4411 players in the side that will protect the back four instead of teams being able to drive a bus through it .

Might be wrong as I'm not a top class manager but losing four at home on the bounce tends to illustrate a problem .

Just trying to make us hard to beat is a 

We had a manager (Klopp's predecessor) that toyed with formations and systems when things didn't go well.

And things never got better.

We now have a manager who knows how to win things.

You know how I know that?

Because he's won things.

And fairly recently too.

This isn't a Mourinho or Benitez situation.

So please forgive me for scoffing at your 'tactical analysis'.

We're all hurting here, with Klopp probably hurting as much as any of us.

Occam's razor says injuries have decimated us, and that years of underfunding has now been ruthlessly exposed.

I would suggest we reign in the Sherlock Holmes shit.

• Upvote 1