You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Everton (H) PL - Sat 20th Feb 2021 at 17:30

TheDrowningMan

56 minutes ago, Josef Svejk said:

Was it his hamstring? Looked like groin to me. 

But without Henderson and possibly Fabinho, aside from our obvious defensive issues and the mysterious Jota injury, someone's going to spank us in the Champions League sooner or later. And I'd give Leipzig a fighting chance... 

Any idiot that thinks the Leipzig tie is done needs to give their head a wobble. This is our form table in the league over the past 10 matches, 17th and unable to get a win against the three sides below us. Honestly think we're going to finish around 12th this year unless Jota single-handedly drags us up the table, it defies belief that Arsenal will be within 3 points of us if they win their game in hand.

4d3rqdsryoi61.png?width=640&crop=smart&a

I'm usually a proponent for the "table doesn't lie" crap once the majority of the season has been played, but in our case I think the table is telling big fat porkies. I knew our recent form was bad but I hadnt realised it was worse than the team that had Poulsen, Spearing and Jovanovic in it, we'll do well to make it to the 55 point mark at this rate.

5 minutes ago, Herp McDerp said:

Any idiot that thinks the Leipzig tie is done needs to give their head a wobble. This is our form table in the league over the past 10 matches, 17th and unable to get a win against the three sides below us. I think today was the day our season finally died along with Hendo's adductor.

That is fucking disgusting.

2 minutes ago, Red74 said:

There’s no excuses for that and I can’t see it ending soon. 

Unless we’re playing in London we must be the easiest team to play against in this league. 

No end in sight...nothing to suggest we can turn it around.

Today is fucking gut wrenching, losing to them.

Rock bottom hasn't been hit yet though IMO.

2 minutes ago, an tha said:

No end in sight...nothing to suggest we can turn it around.

Today is fucking gut wrenching, losing to them.

Rock bottom hasn't been hit yet though IMO.

I did not think it was that bad. I’m  surprised more hasn’t been made of that by the media. You’d think we were winning every week the way that’s been ignored.

Everyone’s bought into us being the only club to play through covid in empty grounds and gave us a free pass. 

"Since Everton last won at Anfield, Blackpool have risen from the 4th tier to the EPL, won at Anfield, and fallen back to the 4th tier again."

Nicked off reddit.

Edit: Apparently if we lose to Chelsea it'll be the first time in our near 130 year history we've lost 5 on the bounce at Anfield. This is insane, what are the odds of a club going unbeaten for 68 matches at home and then losing 4(5?) In a row?

We beat these with our kids and z listers last January yet we surrendered this game without any fight. 

Ive seen these get torn to shreds by Newcastle and Fulham the last few weeks and we didn’t lay a glove on them. 

He’s got to put a stop to it now and acknowledge we’ve got serious problems if we carry on the way we are. If we get beat next week playing the same spineless way, what do we do? 

9 hours ago, Bellflower said:

I think it's still the Lightning M2.0+, against M1.8 

E-E had a test variant doing M2.3, Incredible for that long ago !

That's pretty special. I'd love to see them fly again over here but the CAA will never allow it. There's an American restoration going ahead at the minute and she's had a few taxi runs so hopefully she isn't far off.

7 hours ago, Herp McDerp said:

Any idiot that thinks the Leipzig tie is done needs to give their head a wobble. This is our form table in the league over the past 10 matches, 17th and unable to get a win against the three sides below us. Honestly think we're going to finish around 12th this year unless Jota single-handedly drags us up the table, it defies belief that Arsenal will be within 3 points of us if they win their game in hand.

I'm usually a proponent for the "table doesn't lie" crap once the majority of the season has been played, but in our case I think the table is telling big fat porkies. I knew our recent form was bad but I hadnt realised it was worse than the team that had Poulsen, Spearing and Jovanovic in it, we'll do well to make it to the 55 point mark at this rate.

How dare you make me confront such a harsh reality. Fuck you. I feel physically sick. Although that might have something to do with the 3 bottles of wine or whiskeys I had last night. But still. That form table made my balls disappear up inside my body.

1 hour ago, clockspeed said:

We didn't score simple as that. At best we were getting a point , that's how we start games this weather . Klopp needs to do something different wild , blue sky thinking here , how about dropping Bobby and playing 442 or 4411 ? Put the cheque in post. 

Let me get this straight....you want to jib the best player in the team? Sure, I've got no metric to prove he is, and I personally think he's a fucking fraud, but be warned the Bobby femdoms will be angered by all this.  Watch your arse. 

8 hours ago, Herp McDerp said:

"Since Everton last won at Anfield, Blackpool have risen from the 4th tier to the EPL, won at Anfield, and fallen back to the 4th tier again."

Nicked off reddit.

Edit: Apparently if we lose to Chelsea it'll be the first time in our near 130 year history we've lost 5 on the bounce at Anfield. This is insane, what are the odds of a club going unbeaten for 68 matches at home and then losing 4(5?) In a row?

Yes, because all things have been equal with 'home' games over the last 130 years.

Kinell.

58 minutes ago, m0e said:

Yes, because all things have been equal with 'home' games over the last 130 years.

Kinell.

We are of course the only team to be playing in the midst of a pandemic, with no fans allowed in our stadium and of course it goes wthout saying that never before in the history of the club or the game has any other team ever had to deal with an injury crisis like ours. We're shit. Worse than we should be even given our injury list. Deal with it.

9 hours ago, Red74 said:

I did not think it was that bad. I’m  surprised more hasn’t been made of that by the media. You’d think we were winning every week the way that’s been ignored.

Everyone’s bought into us being the only club to play through covid in empty grounds and gave us a free pass. 

The real worry is every time you think we've hit rock bottom we are just going and then falling further.

We've got some tricky games coming up in next 6 Chelsea, Wolves, Arsenal - although of course no game is easy for us right now.

It isn't working and hasn't been for a good while, i realise options are limited, but it needs changing - doing the same things that clearly aren't working and expecting different results is just soft.

1 minute ago, Herp McDerp said:

Made worse by the fact that I didn't actually expect us to lose. Not really. Not against the team that have been our bitch for the past 20 years.

Had to happen one day. May as well be now I suppose and I would still bet on us finishing above the shite.

Anyway I'm almost past caring and can't wait for the season to be over.