You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Everton (H) PL - Sat 20th Feb 2021 at 17:30

TheDrowningMan

2 hours ago, m0e said:

He's got the spine of his team dislodged.

The spine that he built that won us everything.

Imagine Terry and Carvalho out for the season in 2005. Or Stam Johnsen in 99. Or Toure Campbell in 04. Or Hyppia Carragher in 05. Or Vidic Ferdinand in 08.

Now imagine their cover also being out for the season.

Now imagine Makelele and Essien taken out of midfield and put into the defence to compensate.

Or Keane and Butt. Or Petit and Viera. Or Gerrard and Hamman.

Do you get the point, or do I have to spell it out for you even more?

Now, what's your hypthesis?

Yep. I've seen a few comments about a lack of plan B. The reason they can't see it is because it's already in the fucking bin along with A, C and D. 

18th CB pairing for the season today. Outrageous. And as you say, it's taking options away from midfield to fill defensive positions. And the one genuinely game-changing option up front has been missing for 3 months. 

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Bellflower said:

Remember seeing a documentary about them years ago, a former RAF pilot said it was like being strapped to a missile  using the AB. Still the fastest British fast jet apparently.

I think Typhoon just pips it but only just. More powerful engines and a lighter aircraft. Climb rate however, is a different story between the two.

7 minutes ago, Preston Red said:

I think Typhoon just pips it but only just. More powerful engines and a lighter aircraft. Climb rate however, is a different story between the two.

I think it's still the Lightning M2.0+, against M1.8 

E-E had a test variant doing M2.3, Incredible for that long ago !

12 minutes ago, John102 said:

Just stuck MOTD on to see the pen. Both pundits agreed it was a pen.

Also some odd comments about how our squad needs work, as we have struggled to cope with '1 or 2 injuries'. 

Modern game im afraid. Its why i cant be arsed watching any other games bar Liverpool. 

The whole game is a pantomime now.... not a sport.

1 hour ago, Mark M said:

I’d be surprised if we signed kabak in the summer.

Philips looks like a better CB and both are not good enough really 

Time. Team technique and spirit is built over time. Time is a luxury we do not have, admittedly, but we’ll find out about Kabak and Phillips over the next 16 odd games.

Jurgen’s done wonders with the revenue afforded him, but if I were him now, seriously, I’d be hammering my fists on the boardroom table for the biggest backing in the history of the club come Summer, or everything he’s built will fall.

Sadly i think it will fall. The owners won't change strategy. We might finish top 4 but i don't think so. It will unravel after that. If the owners viewed it long term it could have been managed. But speculate to accumulate isn't for them. Short sighted for such apparently clever people  

10 minutes ago, Red Shift said:

Jurgen’s done wonders with the revenue afforded him, but if I were him now, seriously, I’d be hammering my fists on the boardroom table for the biggest backing in the history of the club come Summer, or everything he’s built will fall.

I’m surprised a lot of people think it’s a foregone conclusion that he’ll stay. If we miss out and the owners play the poverty card and refuse to take the minor gamble of backing him to sign the players he needs, I would imagine he’ll think long and hard about his future. His reputation is, quite rightly, that of one of the best managers in the world but if we struggle again and he gets sacked mid season or walks a year later, his reputation will have taken a sizeable hit and potentially stuffed up the next phase of his career. 

7 minutes ago, TheDrowningMan said:

I’m surprised a lot of people think it’s a foregone conclusion that he’ll stay. If we miss out and the owners play the poverty card and refuse to take the minor gamble of backing him to sign the players he needs, I would imagine he’ll think long and hard about his future. His reputation is, quite rightly, that of one of the best managers in the world but if we struggle again and he gets sacked mid season or walks a year later, his reputation will have taken a sizeable hit and potentially stuffed up the next phase of his career. 

It's no worse than his last year at Dortmund. He'll have plenty of options. The German national job at worst. 

But, my god, when his teams go into decline, they do it spectacularly... 

2 hours ago, an tha said:

Noises coming out of Klopp about Hendo's injury suggest its a bad one.

Would not surprise me if its a 6 week job.

As for everything else - i personally can't see anything that gives hope better times are around corner or in the medium term.

Let's hope it isn't case.

I'll go one further. He'll be out for the season.

Just now, liverpoolsno9 said:

His hamstring went. 4 weeks at least, but the way he went down was reminiscent of Owen even though he tried to carry on, gonna be lengthy me thinks

Was it his hamstring? Looked like groin to me. 

But without Henderson and possibly Fabinho, aside from our obvious defensive issues and the mysterious Jota injury, someone's going to spank us in the Champions League sooner or later. And I'd give Leipzig a fighting chance... 

11 minutes ago, Josef Svejk said:

Was it his hamstring? Looked like groin to me. 

But without Henderson and possibly Fabinho, aside from our obvious defensive issues and the mysterious Jota injury, someone's going to spank us in the Champions League sooner or later. And I'd give Leipzig a fighting chance... 

when he 1st went down he was holding his hammy, then when he was on the touchline waiting to come back on, he was rubbing his groin.