You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Everton (H) PL - Sat 20th Feb 2021 at 17:30

TheDrowningMan

4 minutes ago, The Golden Eel said:

Presumably it's because we know he's not the answer long term, but Kabak might be

You're probably right in terms of Kabak having a future at CB, but how does Henderson get the nod above Phillips? He's surely not the answer going forward.

13 minutes ago, Butch said:

We've gone from breaking all sorts of records last season and we're still doing the same but the shit version. 

Couldn't understand why dave was so confident about this one. 3 minutes in and the players knew that they were beaten. 

Yep- officially rock bottom 

5 minutes ago, Jennings said:

Why would there a conspiracy for us to win by miles one season then make us lose the next?

There isn't it's a coping mechanism for how shit we currently are.

This has been coming for a good while now and the injuries have just excelerated things. 

4 minutes ago, Gooch said:

Yeah I get that, its just the conspiracy theory shite I can't stand is all and just see it too often on here, but understand its frustrating as fuck. Its part of a wider problem in the game though, most games now are dominated by contentious decisions and it's killed the enjoyment of the game for me.

Years ago I’d have been inclined to agree, but there is no way all of the decisions are above board. I knew exactly what would happen when the Project Big Picture / Breakaway League stuff leaked, and have been proven spectacularly right. Today’s penalty pantomime was the icing on the cake.

I doubt we’re the only team that gets fucked with bizarre frequency, and on the other side of the coin, there are definitely some who receive penalties at a rate disproportionate to their attacking play.

9 minutes ago, an tha said:

And i doubt they would have sat knowing for months they had a crisis and how it was killing other areas of team and whole style of play/team structure  - and then think that getting £4.99 worth of 'cover' in the shape of a kid and a championship player in was acceptable.....

You telling me that there are 9 players on the pitch plus the manager that can only perform with 2 first choice centre halves? Without them we play utter shite?

8 minutes ago, VladimirIlyich said:

I would say Firmino is the big problem as at least Mo and Sadio have been getting into positions to score,Firmino is absolute dogshit and more worried about his hair and teeth than anything else.

Minamino on the left, Mané on the right, Salah up front, and Shaqiri in the hole. 

We'd be 2nd if we gave that a go. 

5 minutes ago, The Golden Eel said:

Presumably it's because we know he's not the answer long term, but Kabak might be

There’s no way Kabak’s staying here. That was one of the worst performances I’ve seen from a centre half today. You can’t tell me that he’s better than Phillips 

11 minutes ago, Red74 said:

Thiago, Wijnaldum and 1 other is still a better midfield than 18 teams in this league.

Fabinho and Henderson have never been creative so we’re not missing anything from there. 

The front 3 have been phoning it in all season and this is what’s costing us games. If you don’t score you don’t win. 

Mmmmm, someone might want to check Mo’s phone bill then, I have him down as the leagues leading scorer 

Just now, Red74 said:

There’s no way Kabak’s staying here. That was one of the worst performances I’ve seen from a centre half today. You can’t tell me that he’s better than Phillips 

Kabak was always just a cheap fill option. There was never any danger of a permanent move. 

29 minutes ago, aRdja said:

Well at the moment we’re struggling to score goals and stop goals. In the games we play well in, we make stupid mistakes, gifting the opposition goals. We aren’t very good at all.

We conceded very early while settling in. Toothless Thiago spontaneously heads the ball to an Everton player instead of using close control. Kabak is then put under needless pressure. Goal.

Hendo works his way into the game, and starts to dominate midfield & gets injured. The rest of midfield were just too lightweight to have presence, although they played much better football in the second half and were far more incisive. Shaq fitted in nicely, but I’d have put Origi on for Bobby much earlier with TAA firing in those hard low crosses.

A Thiago header, three fine saves and a soft penalty lost us the game.

12 minutes ago, TheDrowningMan said:

Ironic given that Carragher got exploited far worse than Kabak on plenty of occasions despite being a regular at CB for the best part of a decade. Maybe we’d have won the league during his time were he back up to a better footballing centre back.

I don't know whether to laugh or cry when I see him ahead of players like Lawro or others in some people's greatest ever 11. 

• Upvote 2

45 minutes ago, an tha said:

Letting these rock up and end over 10 years without a derby win and over 20 without one at Anfield as meekly as we have is just gut wrenching.

An absolute disgrace.

6 games at home without a win and 4 defeats and only 2 goals scored.

Absolutely fucking terrible.

I'd suggest the bottom has not yet even with this incredible low been reached.

It’s probably just a coping mechanism but I’m feeling nothing. No anger, no rage nothing, I imagine this is how  it feels for someone who doesn’t like football, completely nonplussed by it all.

No fans, then fans back to no fans, offside rules changed mid season, neutral grounds for champions league games and to top it off VAR and some of the worst decision making I think we’ve all seen.

I can only laugh at the whole charade now, football is dead until the ground are full again, end of.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, TheDrowningMan said:

Ironic given that Carragher got exploited far worse than Kabak on plenty of occasions despite being a regular at CB for the best part of a decade. Maybe we’d have won the league during his time were he back up to a better footballing centre back.

Oh yes, the instances of Henry turning him inside out and being beasted by Drogba must have happened in an alternate universe according to our rent-a-Scouse-gob Jamie.

Not sure why people are having a go at Kabak, yes he was shaky but it's not as if Everton were putting us under any sort of pressure. 

We had enough of the ball to do something with it but didn't look like causing any problems. I'm struggling to see the point of Thiago. Henderson from defence has been more creative than him.

7 minutes ago, Dave D said:

You telling me that there are 9 players on the pitch plus the manager that can only perform with 2 first choice centre halves? Without them we play utter shite?

No i am not telling you that 

But i am saying that when we then take out two thirds of our midfield as the 'solution' that it absolutely has torn apart our team structure and style of play.

Our press...our fullbacks starting positions and attacking threat....how quickly we win ball back and where, our threat from corners, our ability to play out from back, our tempo in midfield....and more.

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, Red74 said:

Nat Phillips must get on klopps nerves in training because there’s no way this lad deserves to be benched for any of those who’ve played in front of him. 

He should have started every game for us as he hasn’t put a foot wrong yet he’s watching stand ins getting excuses made for them after fucking up every week while he’s watching from the bench.

He is a player who would thrive at a mid to lower table PL club(we are that club at the moment!) but he is painfully slow and would need a pacey partner alongside him. 

1 minute ago, 3 Stacks said:

Hate to break it to you, but we had a long term interest in Kabak. 

Bullshit. We had him practically forced on us by schalke once Matip went down again. Klopp was happy with the lad from Preston. Schalke couldn’t wait to get rid of him. 

3 minutes ago, Red74 said:

Bullshit. We had him practically forced on us by schalke once Matip went down again. Klopp was happy with the lad from Preston. Schalke couldn’t wait to get rid of him. 

We've been linked with him for over a year.  It only cooled down when he went all Scummy like Carragher and started spitting at people.

4 minutes ago, Captain Howdy said:

Mmmmm, someone might want to check Mo’s phone bill then, I have him down as the leagues leading scorer 

There’s no disputing that he’s a great goal scorer and a scorer of great goals but his overall games fucking awful.