You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Everton (H) PL - Sat 20th Feb 2021 at 17:30

TheDrowningMan

Just now, 3 Stacks said:

We were legitimately good, but Leipzig were naive. No teams in the Premier League play like they do besides Leeds. In current form, the best case in this one was always a rotten 0-0. 

Leipzig should have scored a couple as well. Match probably should have finished about 4-2 to us. They got through us very easily a few times due to hendo not being a natural CB and Kabak still learning in a new team. 

Three points off top four now, Chelsea have the goal difference in their favour too, so basically four. I honestly think we need to go back to the drawing board and figure out a game plan that doesn't involve a high line. Go 4-4-1-1 with Mane wide right or something. Work on set piece routines and hope we nick one. Sit deep and play on the counter. We have to think of something, because we aren't making up those four points on Chelsea playing like this.

Just now, johnsusername said:

Considering what happened at Goodison you'd have thought we'd be up for it.

We look like a team of strangers and there is so much wrong I wouldn't even know where to begin.

I'll make it easy for you.

Every centre half we started the season with is injured and so is 2/3rds of the midfield that won everything.

Hope this helps.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Leyton388 said:

The team was totally decimated and our cunt owners sat on their incompetent backside and let this happen. Let that sink in that in a time of need the people running the club decided to do fuck all. This is a true repeat of the David Moores Times of the 90s. 

It'll be especially painful watching the tight cunts try to rebuild on the cheap this summer.

We could have had our CB's all season and we would be nowhere close to City due to the difference in the way our games are being reffed. 

The abnormality from midweek truly resumed today. Not a single line drawn on the potential offside on their goal. Not a single replay on the handball late in the half.

The wind doesn't help today, mind you

1 minute ago, dockers_strike said:

They really havent done ok.

I think they have, even if it of course is far more popular to blame Thiago for everything. Opinions I guess. Imo Mane and Trent have been our two worst players, closely followed by Kabak and Robbo. The latter will not get a mention for letting Coleman in clean on goal. If Kabak did that he’d be absolutely slaughtered.

2 minutes ago, an tha said:

Team is broken...broken by centre half situation and the destroying of our midfield trying to cover it...and all the many knock on effects it has had across team and on our style of play/structure.

Fact we did fuck all about it is criminal and we are now paying for it and will continue to do so.

The amount of injuries are worrying VVD and Gomez apart the rest have all been muscle related something to do with training maybe ? Just seems like we've had more pulls tears and strains than any other side.

4 minutes ago, Red Shift said:

We can only hope. Hendo’s injury may not be too bad, and Chelsea couldn’t beat Southampton.

If we can salvage a draw, we may be able to regroup.

I agree. Before the match a win was the goal. But like you, I saw the score and performance so far, and Chelsea's result and though at draw doesn't see us lose too much ground.

We're really shite, aren't we. 

It's getting like the 2005 season now. I can't be arsed with the league games and just look forward to the European games instead. 

We've had lots of the ball but done fuck all with it. It's our entire season against teams who sit deep and just let us pop it around harmlessly all summed up in 45 minutes. 

Salah and Mané need to do more when they get the ball. Run at their man instead of playing it back to the full back or inside into midfield. 

TAA and Jones doing alright. The rest need to step it up. Drastically. Everton are sitting back but they've looked more likely to score the next goal than we have. 

I'd take a draw now. We need to get an early equaliser, otherwise heads will drop, I reckon. 

We opened the scoring 12 times if my memory serves, last year from set pieces. We've lost a massive attacking threat there. We have always struggled to break teams down and our signature goal is a lightning quick break. Nobody is giving us those opportunities lately. The ox has a great shot on him but he's woefully out of form so we have nobody to lash one in from distance. 

4 minutes ago, Strontium Dog™ said:

This has 2-0 Everton all over it. Not even sure I'll bother to watch the second half. If the players don't give a fuck, why should I.

I'm thinking the same. I'm so fucking angry that our players turned their backs on the ball just assuming it was going out if play. Fucking furious. Why the fuck should I bother when most of the team look like they can't be fucking arsed?

FSG allowed this to happen by giving Klopp zero backing and they will again pull the rugg out from under him in the summer when they sell in order to cover the loss of CL revenue. 

As much shite as Rodgers got they did the same under him. Sold Suarez, did fuck all and we got Balotelli as a panic buy and it all fell apart. 

They have no balls or ambition at all. Play it safe all the time and hope for the best. Well the chickens have come well and truly home to roost and they are nowhere to be seen.