Quantcast
Are we treated unfairly by referees and if so why ? - Page 3 - FF - Football Forum - The Liverpool Way Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Colonel Kurtz

Are we treated unfairly by referees and if so why ?

Are we treated unfairly by refs and if so why ?   

73 members have voted

1. 1. Are we treated unfairly by refs

• Yes we are and it’s all a conspiracy by the premier league
    • Yes we are and it’s orchestrated by Sky
    • Yes we are and it’s a manifestation of anti scouse bias
    • No we’re not, all fans think this about their own club and we’re no different

The worst thing is that this technology has been brought in to help them, all its done is show how incompetent they are, if it takes 2 minutes to make a decision then you are looking too hard. 

I have said before that var should be by committee but in separate buildings, one ref From the inept bunch we already have, an ex player and an independent body. The have a yes no button and majority wins.

On 16/02/2021 at 14:59, Manny said:

Excuse the long Everton-style post, I've been mulling on this for a while and I'm bored at work so thought I'd write it down. I don't think there's an agenda out to get us or anything, I don't know what's going on, but I'm pretty sure we're getting shafted, absolutely shafted, on marginal decisions. You know, the fairly soft "seen them given", "even themselves out over the season" type shouts? I've had a look back through our games at all of the decisions that have both gone for us and against us - I've tried to be as objective as possible, but even doing so I reckon we're about 12 decisions down (we've had 17 go against us and 5 go for us). I'd expect any team to be about even, possibly even a couple up or down, maybe even half a dozen up or down if they're having a good or bad year with it - but to have 12 more calls go against you than for you? It's like flipping a coin 22 times and it lands on heads 17 times, you'd feel pretty pissed off.

Here's my working - some might disagree with some and that's fine (I've ignored things like the Salah offside at Brighton for example), and I should stress again that I really don't think all of these should have gone our way. I just think that we should realistically expect a few more of them to have gone for us.

• Leeds (H) – we get a fairly contentious handball penalty at 0-0. The other penalty was a stonewaller. We’re 1-0 on marginal decisions.
  • Chelsea (A) – the Christensen sending off was a stonewaller. The penalty they got was debatable in my book, but I’ll be magnanimous and say it was reasonably clear. 1-0 on marginal decisions.
  • Arsenal (H) – there’s a slight shout for handball on Jota’s third (it wasn’t decisive). Again I’ll be magnanimous and say we got the benefit of a marginal decision. 2-0 on marginal decisions.
  • Aston Villa (A) – there’s a pretty strong shout for a penalty on Mo at 1-0, not given. 2-1.
  • Everton (A) – right well fuck me, there’s the assault on van Dijk and a complete non-award of a penalty, let’s call that one bad decision, followed by the ludicrous offside shout at the death. 2-3.
  • Sheffield United (H) – a very marginal penalty shout given against us. 2-4.
  • West Ham (H) – we get a pretty soft penalty. 3-4.
  • Manchester City (A) – they get a penalty of the type I haven’t seen given since. 3-5.
  • Brighton (A) – they get a penalty when the VAR tit decides to stick his beak in at the death. 3-6.
  • Fulham (A) – there’s a pretty clear shove on Mo in the buildup to their goal, the definition of marginal. It isn’t given. Don't think our penalty was remotely contentious. 3-7.
  • Tottenham (H) – there’s a pretty marginal offside shout on Son’s goal and they don’t even draw the fucking lines. 3-8.
  • West Brom (H) – their player has his arms all over Fabinho’s face as he climbs, less of a fuss than for their goal against the mancs that got Maguire all upset. 3-9.
  • Newcastle (A) – Darlow grabs Mane’s legs as he’s stood in front of an empty net to stop him reaching a loose ball. 3-10.
  • Southampton (A) – there’s the Stephens handball, the Walker-Peters tackle on Mane and the Walcott assault on Milner. Three marginal calls, all go against us. 3-13.
  • Burnley (H) – I’ll merge these: that a foul on Mane after he’d got a shot off target away wasn’t given as a penalty, but then a foul on Barnes after he’d got a shot off target away was. 3-14.
  • Tottenham (A) – a goal ruled out for them for a tight offside, and a goal ruled out for us on a ridiculous handball mockery. 4-15.
  • Manchester City (H) – I’ll be charitable and say it wasn’t really contentious to not send off Dias, and the contact for the penalty was a bit soft, so call it 5-15.
  • Leicester (A) – offside lines drawn with crayons to overrule the on-pitch decision for the equaliser, and a clear foul on Mane in the buildup to their second. 5-17.

Fantastic compilation. 

Permit me to also point out the outrageous decision by Jon Moss in our game vs Man Utd at Anfield. He blew for half time, seven seconds early. And it was the exact moment Mane was running through for a 1 v 1.

I have watched football for nearly 4 decades and I have genuinely never seen that happen. And it was mostly laughed off and waved away during post match analysis. It was a real head scratcher because they always say a "minimum'' of minutes has been added and this fucker didn't even bother with that..

Excuse the long Everton-style post, I've been mulling on this for a while and I'm bored at work so thought I'd write it down. I don't think there's an agenda out to get us or anything, I don't know what's going on, but I'm pretty sure we're getting shafted, absolutely shafted, on marginal decisions. You know, the fairly soft "seen them given", "even themselves out over the season" type shouts? I've had a look back through our games at all of the decisions that have both gone for us and against us - I've tried to be as objective as possible, but even doing so I reckon we're about 12 decisions down (we've had 17 go against us and 5 go for us). I'd expect any team to be about even, possibly even a couple up or down, maybe even half a dozen up or down if they're having a good or bad year with it - but to have 12 more calls go against you than for you? It's like flipping a coin 22 times and it lands on heads 17 times, you'd feel pretty pissed off.

Here's my working - some might disagree with some and that's fine (I've ignored things like the Salah offside at Brighton for example), and I should stress again that I really don't think all of these should have gone our way. I just think that we should realistically expect a few more of them to have gone for us.

• Leeds (H) – we get a fairly contentious handball penalty at 0-0. The other penalty was a stonewaller. We’re 1-0 on marginal decisions.
  • Chelsea (A) – the Christensen sending off was a stonewaller. The penalty they got was debatable in my book, but I’ll be magnanimous and say it was reasonably clear. 1-0 on marginal decisions.
  • Arsenal (H) – there’s a slight shout for handball on Jota’s third (it wasn’t decisive). Again I’ll be magnanimous and say we got the benefit of a marginal decision. 2-0 on marginal decisions.
  • Aston Villa (A) – there’s a pretty strong shout for a penalty on Mo at 1-0, not given. 2-1.
  • Everton (A) – right well fuck me, there’s the assault on van Dijk and a complete non-award of a penalty, let’s call that one bad decision, followed by the ludicrous offside shout at the death. 2-3.
  • Sheffield United (H) – a very marginal penalty shout given against us. 2-4.
  • West Ham (H) – we get a pretty soft penalty. 3-4.
  • Manchester City (A) – they get a penalty of the type I haven’t seen given since. 3-5.
  • Brighton (A) – they get a penalty when the VAR tit decides to stick his beak in at the death. 3-6.
  • Fulham (A) – there’s a pretty clear shove on Mo in the buildup to their goal, the definition of marginal. It isn’t given. Don't think our penalty was remotely contentious. 3-7.
  • Tottenham (H) – there’s a pretty marginal offside shout on Son’s goal and they don’t even draw the fucking lines. 3-8.
  • West Brom (H) – their player has his arms all over Fabinho’s face as he climbs, less of a fuss than for their goal against the mancs that got Maguire all upset. 3-9.
  • Newcastle (A) – Darlow grabs Mane’s legs as he’s stood in front of an empty net to stop him reaching a loose ball. 3-10.
  • Southampton (A) – there’s the Stephens handball, the Walker-Peters tackle on Mane and the Walcott assault on Milner. Three marginal calls, all go against us. 3-13.
  • Burnley (H) – I’ll merge these: that a foul on Mane after he’d got a shot off target away wasn’t given as a penalty, but then a foul on Barnes after he’d got a shot off target away was. 3-14.
  • Tottenham (A) – a goal ruled out for them for a tight offside, and a goal ruled out for us on a ridiculous handball mockery. 4-15.
  • Manchester City (H) – I’ll be charitable and say it wasn’t really contentious to not send off Dias, and the contact for the penalty was a bit soft, so call it 5-15.
  • Leicester (A) – offside lines drawn with crayons to overrule the on-pitch decision for the equaliser, and a clear foul on Mane in the buildup to their second. 5-17.

Fantastic compilation. 

Permit me to also point out the outrageous decision by Jon Moss in our game vs Man Utd at Anfield. He blew for half time, seven seconds early. And it was the exact moment Mane was running through for a 1 v 1.

I have watched football for nearly 4 decades and I have genuinely never seen that happen. And it was mostly laughed off and waved away during post match analysis. It was a real head scratcher because they always say a "minimum'' of minutes has been added and this fucker didn't even bother with that..

I was thinking it was because of Project Big Picture and because of how it came to the open. From what I have read about it, we did (along with the scum) tried to be very transparent and open for discussions with the PL but it was made public in a way that we were the facilitators of it and we're pushing others to join and that it was harmful for everyone. So the PL or the FA were pissed off with how it went and decided to punish us because they thought we had become too big for our boots by treading on their rulebooks and coming up with new changes that would need them to work a bit more than they are doing. 

8 minutes ago, Supremolad said:

Fantastic compilation. 

I was talking about that with her brother (bitter) and he laughed it off and said something like "you lot think the worlds against you" could you imagine if it happened to them though? 

Dale Johnson of ESPN regularly updates a "VAR Table" to show which club has had decisions go for and against them. Then he calculates the net figure. His most recent was from a couple days ago. Liverpool are still the worst affected team by VAR, and have been the worst affected team all season.

No one can surely deny these plain facts. We have been extremely shafted by the officials. 

Screenshot_20210218-200702_Chrome.jpg

It's not like refs and VAR get things right abroad either. I sometimes watch La Liga and Serie A highlights clips and there are all sorts of baffling decisions given with and without the aid of VAR. Nonsensical penalties and red cards all over the shop.

Even when we play in the Champions League, there are a few refs who seem to be a bit Mike Dean in being attention-seeking card-happy bellends. The Spanish referee Antonio Mateu Lahoz is one (he of the George Graham face and the fully bald front half of his head), and Germany's Felix Brych is another. With those two in particular, you just don't know what you're going to get.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Supremolad said:

Fantastic compilation. 

You didnt see Brazil v Sweden in the 1978 world cup then? When the whistle was blown as ball was on its way into the net? Clive Thomas too.

10 hours ago, aws said:

We can only dream of refs who are just incompetent. 

Like living in a corridor.

The refs are inept and have been for an age. Do they unfairly target us because some anti Liverpool/Scouse bollocks no they’re just really shit at their jobs.

• Upvote 1

The offside not given against Armarty v Leicester & the van dyjk offside given v Everton sum up how VAR had treated us this season. Identical situations and the VAR basically drew the line on a different part of the sleeve to fuck us over on both occasions. 

7 minutes ago, devilsadvocate said:

The offside not given against Armarty v Leicester & the van dyjk offside given v Everton sum up how VAR had treated us this season. Identical situations and the VAR basically drew the line on a different part of the sleeve to fuck us over on both occasions. 

Those type of marginal offside decisions don't lend themselves to being cleared up by the technology that they're using. They should be using common sense, not seemingly arbitrary lines on a screen. I don't see much science in the use of technology for marginal offsides. Both of those decisions should have resulted in them being onside, simply because they're not clearly offside. Unfortunately, we've been on the wrong end of it a few times. 

• Upvote 1

On 19/02/2021 at 05:09, Supremolad said:

Fantastic compilation. 

Yip I was so fucking mad. I wanted to reach into the tv and throttle the prick. From the moment the injury time was declared I was watching closely for something like that, because the blatant favouritism to them was well on display all first half.

Shocking

15 hours ago, Red Shift said:

Yip I was so fucking mad. I wanted to reach into the tv and throttle the prick. From the moment the injury time was declared I was watching closely for something like that, because the blatant favouritism to them was well on display all first half.

Shocking

I think the ref blew up early in the 2007 champions league final as well, when we had our tails up having just pulled a goal back.