You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Random Teams Whose Results You Look Out For

Bjornebye

Not necessarily other teams who you have affection for but sides whose results you check for whatever reason. 

Lecce - When I was in primary school we did a project on Italy and had pen-pals. Mine was a girl from Lecce. I bet she's a model now and married to some complete bellend. i hate him. 

Palmeiras - I've got a Palmeiras tracksuit top (Doctor Troy you've got the same one I think) and it's boss. 

Spezia - Got pissed in a bar with a few of their fans in Cinqueterre. They couldn't speak much English but getting pissed as farts and laughing is a global language. 

Alcorcon - Her dad lives there and has a season ticket. We stayed there when we went to see him. 

Spartak Vladikavkaz - (Now called Alania Vladikavkaz) kept an eye on them since we played them in the 90's. I remember going to the home leg, nil nil I think it was. We beat them in the 1st leg over there 2:1, I'm sure it was on the flight back that Fowler cut up Ruddocks shoes so Ruddock sparked him on the tarmac at Speke airport. 

Give or take Tranmere I don't bother these days , but when I was a kid I used to pick a team from the other 3 divisions at the start of each season , but always kept the same two in Scotland, Morton and Alloa, for some reason.

In the summer when the Aussie games were used for the pools I took a shine to a team called Box Hill and kept an eye out for them. I don't know anything about them, maybe Bruce or another antipodean member has some idea.

Leeds because I hate the fuckers. 

Back in the day I’d look out for results of foreign teams ex Reds had left me for (I took it hard when I was younger).

Juventus to weep over Ian Rush.

Sampdoria to beat myself up over Graeme Souness.

These days, once they’ve gone, they’re dead to me. Apart from Stevie G. he’s earned me taking an interest in wherever he goes because he could pass the ball forty yards etc.

Mine are mostly teams that my mates support - Sheffield United, Sheffield Wednesday, Forest and Crewe. Otherwise Hull City are my home team and Lincoln is where I went to Uni, so I keep an eye on them.

The only other one is the Stockholm club Hammarby, who I'm absolutely determined to go and see live in the next few years with RiS.

Cambridge United,  due to the fact it is the only live game I've attended since last March. Went to see my lad at Uni and we saw Cambridge v Oldham , Harry Kewell managed Oldham. Keep an eye on their results since then.

20 hours ago, sir roger said:

Give or take Tranmere I don't bother these days , but when I was a kid I used to pick a team from the other 3 divisions at the start of each season , but always kept the same two in Scotland, Morton and Alloa, for some reason.

In the summer when the Aussie games were used for the pools I took a shine to a team called Box Hill and kept an eye out for them. I don't know anything about them, maybe Bruce or another antipodean member has some idea.

I went for an Aussie team called Werribee because it sounded like 'Wembley' from the Summer Aussie Pools too.

• Upvote 1

37 minutes ago, Rushies tash said:

Brentford. They're my nearest club and my lad trains with them.

And they're currently winning.

Boss club. Lot of time for them since I went there with Celtic and we invaded the pitch after. had a beer with a few Brentford fans before the game and they said they don't expect success they just want to see their team play proper footy. They do. 

Have to say though anyone who has picked r*ngers here is a bad nonce. Fucking disgusting to see Reds follow queen fc

• Upvote 1

Newport County

Years ago in primary school, I did a project on a random town, I picked Newport, the rest is history. I plan to go and see them play one day. Genuine that. 

If we get them in the cup I will be over the moon. 

'Newport State of Mind' has a special place in my heart as well. 

11 hours ago, Chip Butty said:

Newport County

Years ago in primary school, I did a project on a random town, I picked Newport, the rest is history. I plan to go and see them play one day. Genuine that. 

If we get them in the cup I will be over the moon. 

'Newport State of Mind' has a special place in my heart as well. 

Aldo began his pro career there too,I think?