You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Greatest Album Ever - Group A (Vote for your top 2)

Bjornebye

Greatest Album Ever - Group A (Vote for your top 2)   

69 members have voted

1. 1. Greatest Album Ever - Group A (Vote for your top 2)

• Led Zeppelin - Zep IV
    • De La Soul - 3ft High and Rising
    • Crosby Stills & Nash - Deja Vu
    • David Bowie - The Rise & Fall of Ziggy Stardust

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 16/02/21 at 08:50

I imagine it will be Zep and Bowie with ease here but I've gone for Bowie and De La Soul. 

I remember being at a mates BBQ and he is a big drum & bass fan (utter shite) but had a load of decent vinyl. I'd had enough of his racket so went and put a De La Soul record on, the garden was bouncing. Great day that. 

10 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Debate you fuckers. 

What would win Ziggy or Zep? 

I'm voting blind (deaf?) on this one, because I won't get a chance to listen to them properly until after the deadline for this group. Deja Vu and Ziggy are both masterpieces though, so I'm going for them.

I may have mentioned elsewhere that the word "there" in Country Girl on Deja Vu is one of my favourite recorded sounds ever.

I like all four.

Three Feet High was No.2 on the playlist behind The Stone Roses for about a year in our house. Having said that, I haven't listened to it for about 28 years now.

Deja Vu is an amazing album.

I'd have Bowie at No.2 out of the four & Zeppelin way out in front with a pretty much perfect album.

• Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, The Midnight Rambler said:

The ziggy period totally goes over my head. I don’t get it? Star man is nauseating and grow some fucking eyebrows.

Isn't this what made him, apparently he has had flop after flop before that, commercially. If it wasn't for glam rock which finally provided the environment in which to market him to wider audience, his career may have played out differently. Bowie may have ended up an obscure  cult hero rediscovered by NME in 1988. 

3 minutes ago, SasaS said:

Isn't this what made him, apparently he has had flop after flop before that, commercially. If it wasn't for glam rock which finally provided the environment in which to market him to wider audience, his career may have played out differently. Bowie may have ended up an obscure  cult hero rediscovered by NME in 1988. 

Yes, before everything was 'The Laughing Gnome'

Deserved to go the way of the dinosaurs just for this shite...

4 minutes ago, SasaS said:

Where would that leave Lou and Iggy? 

10 minutes ago, SasaS said:

Going full Code here, but Hunky Dory peaked at number 3 in the UK albums chart.

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, cloggypop said:

Where would that leave Lou and Iggy? 

'The Idiot', produced by Reed, would have been a four album experimental 'experience' of the sound of an angle grinder on a range of hard surfaces whlst Iggy reads the Bhagavad Gita backwards in the original sanskrit.

Still preferable to 'Metal Machine'

Ziggy is his fifth album. First two went completely unnoticed and others were not commercial successes, not even close to what he enjoyed later. He has already been trying for almost ten years to make it big and watched people like Page and Bolan do it. Read some biographies people.