You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Leicester City 3 Liverpool 1 (Feb 13 2021)

tlw content

VAR must be gone by the beginning of next season. Seriously. Gone forever and never allowed to return.

How?

Get as many clubs as possible in the sport to sign a petition that VAR is to be dumped and give a deadline that it needs to be done by. Surely there must be enough players, coaches that would like to see the back of it? It’s got to go.

It’s destroying the game. 

How else to make this happen? Any ideas?

I've been saying it for years that the game is corrupt and been called a loon, tinfoil at etc.

Last season we scored enough clear goals to not make it an issue. This season it is beyond a joke and if there were any real investigative journos around these days then they'd make a real name for themselves. 

Watching MotD her and that foul on Mane is a million times worse than I thought at the time. Klopp needs to get on top of this, if we surround the ref like all other previous champions would have then they would have had no choice but to look at it.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

Bias or whatever anyone believes aside the club is definitely too meek. The players too meek. They're feeling sorry for themselves and they need to fucking knock that on the head.

Agreed. When I feel an injustice against me, I find anger is very energising. The lads need to collectively use their anger to play their best football. 

12 minutes ago, Red Shift said:

Behind the scenes, anybody think the club are protesting loudly? Or not?

Im just amazed people think they can turn the clock back 20 years to Ferguson's time, get the players to chase refs around the pitch, be in the ref's face at every decision they dont like and Jurgen berating Riley, PGMOL, refs and VAR wont be met with a shit storm of even worse decisions by those they rail against.

It's a great thought this will make something happen. Sorry to piss on people's chips but it wont make a scrap of difference. Why will it? We couldnt get the majority of the PL to agree Jurgen's request for 5 fucking subs.

• Upvote 1

We are all fucked off for the many reasons you describe so well every week.

What you write I'd think all on here agree with. I see us being fucked over more than most, but I also see other teams being fucked over in a similar, if not as regular, way.

Why is this? Why is it being glossed over? Why are clubs not kicking off about it? Who is benefiting from it? Which teams are getting more or less of these decisions? How can it be a deliberate and conscious action against us and/or other sides yet be kept under wraps? The amount of people involved to carry this out, surely something would leak?

If it's, as I've seen suggested, to stop us walking away with another title, to make things more exciting for the watching world, then how are City now walking away with it? Surely we should see them start being on the end of some of these shitty decisions to peg them back a bit? 

I don't know. It's an absolute frustration for sure. I have no answers for the above. I would like some.

Apart from all that, we played well today, then imploded, again. That is a major worry.

It's not accidental and it's not incompetence. It's blatantly biased against us. I told you that weeks ago Dave.

I suspect its corruption from the Abu Dhabians. Corruption for sure. 

For proper refereeing, look no further than the six nations. Told you that too. 

And as many have already said, our boys - and Jurgen - are simply too passive taking all this and keeping their gobs shut. 

2 minutes ago, Redlewie said:

We are all fucked off for the many reasons you describe so well every week.

What you write I'd think all on here agree with. I see us being fucked over more than most, but I also see other teams being fucked over in a similar, if not as regular, way.

Why is this? Why is it being glossed over? Why are clubs not kicking off about it? Who is benefiting from it? Which teams are getting more or less of these decisions? How can it be a deliberate and conscious action against us and/or other sides yet be kept under wraps? The amount of people involved to carry this out, surely something would leak?

If it's, as I've seen suggested, to stop us walking away with another title, to make things more exciting for the watching world, then how are City now walking away with it? Surely we should see them start being on the end of some of these shitty decisions to peg them back a bit? 

I don't know. It's an absolute frustration for sure. I have no answers for the above. I would like some.

Apart from all that, we played well today, then imploded, again. That is a major worry.

I reckon the players must be completely fucked off with the Premier League’s VAR System. I know I would be. It’s serious enough that some players may very well want to get out of English football having done their time. Or am I being overly dramatic?

It would be hard NOT to capitulate wouldn’t it? I mean, week in, week out, giving everything and constantly feeling you’re being pissed on? 

The combination of Covid and VAR is death to football. End of.

• Upvote 1

They drew  that line in the wrong place - look at the angle of Firmino's foot, he facing back to us so theres no way he could have a foot facing rightwards, what we are seeing in the picture is the back of his heel, he's wearing white boots, they've drawn it on the shadow. ok we are 10 or so points behind city now, but how many point have been stolen by var this season, im would say at least 10 probably 15.

Alisson is suffering from ' Lovren Syndrome ' where he is trying to make up for mistakes by doing more risky stuff , whereas the whole point of his goalkeeping greatness is that most of it flies under the radar. Klopp needs  to sit him down tell him we love him and to watch videos of his best performances since he got here. As for suggestions that the best goalie in the world should be replaced by a gangly lad who may never become better than League One standard , I don't know where to start.

Dave you summed it up again, mate. We have been shafted from all angles this season and I am coming to the end of the line with it. The whole style of TV presentation and the ludicrous commentaries is a massive wind up. Was there anyone on that BT panel yesterday who was not rooting for a Leicester win? 

We were miles better than them and should have been well clear in terms of goals.Their equaliser was a disgrace - no wonder heads dropped after we had put in so much work to get the lead against another bunch of bus parkers...

Fuckin hell, what a report, absolutely brilliant and bang on the money.

Yea, we should highlight the poor decisions but it will be taken as sour grapes bit like the Rafa rant that everyone knew was right but got laughed away.

Wenger was on Bein sport yesterday.excellent interview. He said they are working on automated var, premier League bubble has burst, kids no longer want to watch footy just action clips as they happen nor do people want to watch games with no meaning.

Feeling your pain Dave, 

37 minutes ago, Code said:

VAR should obviously be automatic,  I said that months ago.

By that you would take away the bias and incompetense from the process. 

Maybe refs are being so incompetent because they want to prove VAR is shite and protect their jobs. 

They shouldn't be using VAR at least until the monitor resolution can match how much they want to micromanage it.

Thing is, if we complain about this treatment all those cunt refs will get together and double down on fucking us over.  I'm fucking sure these refs go on forums and social media and see fans ripping them to shreds so they're just sticking it to us.

Seeing that baldy Manc prick laughing and joking with Barnes (or Madison) just before kick off sums it up.  Opposition teams know they'll get away with murder whilst we're punished for any minor discretion (see Thiago yellow carded for a first foul - it's like there is an agenda against him).

As Dave has said before, it's not football anymore.

The Mancs got a pen last week v Soton when Bednarek was sent off, it goes to VAR, then Mike Dean looks at the monitor & gives the Pen,  yesterday when Salah went down, shouldn’t be a pen like but in light of some decisions seen it was a Pen, clearly contact, the game wasn’t even stopped for a check. They can manipulate any result they want. 
Was listening to Wenger yesterday on BEIN  he said they’re  trialling technology whereby they can come to an instant decision for offside without stopping the game for too long to draw the lines. Said it’ll also be at Qatar WC. It’s only gonna get worse. We probably won’t even be able to see the manipulated lines to see how corrupt it is. 

Some terrible decisions being made no question but lets not pretend all is well in our camp otherwise. It clearly isnt.

Its reminding me of an undisputed Heavyweight champ getting caught clean on the chin, legs have gone and is taking a pounding but telling the ref he's fine.

We need this fight/season to end. We can regroup and come back stronger but right now its painful to watch   

• Upvote 1

It's all a shit show. The whole officials and VAR thing has gradually reduced my interest, I no longer watch any football outside of our games. No mention of Amertey's 2 footed challenge first half when Taylor spent his time telling Klopp to calm down. Not a word to Amertey, never mind a yellow card. 

• Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, bigal said:

It's all a shit show. The whole officials and VAR thing has gradually reduced my interest, I no longer watch any football outside of our games. No mention of Amertey's 2 footed challenge first half when Taylor spent his time telling Klopp to calm down. Not a word to Amertey, never mind a yellow card. 

I noticed that foul by Amartey on Robbo as well. Deemed to be nothing yet a clash of arms with Barnes deserved an instant yellow.

Same with Curtis when he had two nibbles at Leicester players. Yeah, they were fouls but the manc cunt couldnt wait to wave his card at Curtis.

• Like 1

• dave u unpinned this topic