You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Leicester City 3 Liverpool 1 (Feb 13 2021)

tlw content

dave_usher.jpg

Report by
Dave Usher

There's a lot to unpack here but even so, I'm going to try to keep this as brief as possible again, not least because I didn’t even see any of it after it went 1-1. Maybe if I had kept the TV on I’d be more pissed off about the way we capitulated, but I didn’t see the capitulation though so that’s not my primary focus of anger.

I switched it off because I’ve had enough. This sport is rigged. Officials are dictating the outcomes of games for reasons I’m not going to speculate on. I don’t know why this complete dishonesty and utter lack of sporting integrity is happening, I just know that it is. Because I see it virtually every week. Not just in our games either, although we do seem to be on the receiving end more than most.

I’ve seen too much evidence of it this season to put it down to bad luck or acts of random incompetence. It isn’t that. If you want to tell yourself it is because you don’t want to look like a conspiracy loon or bad loser or whatever, that’s fine. Have at it. Keep telling yourself this is happening because referees are shit. Funny how we never benefit from that ‘shitness’ though, eh? 

This was the straw that broke this particular camel’s back. I don’t think I’ve ever switched off before the end of a game before. Certainly not with this long to left to go. I had to though. For my own sanity. I couldn’t watch anymore of this shit. There’s only so much you can take before completely snapping and if I’d kept that TV on I’d have done something I regretted. I love my big TV, I don't want to see it with the coffee table embedded in it.

So I switched it off and went into another room. I knew what was happening because I had my phone and the lads in various group chats were posting about it but I didn’t see it so somehow it wasn’t as bad. That equaliser being allowed to stand broke something in me though. I’ve honestly had enough now, I don’t even want to watch footy anymore as it’s corrupt as fuck.

I’ve been saying it for months and not just relating to our games, but in general. On those close offside decisions they decide what decision they want to make and they then manipulate the lines to fit.

This is just a teaser, click here to view the full article

Please note that Match Reports are only available to website subscribers. Subscriptions cost just £2 a month (you need to register first) and can be purchased here. 

• Upvote 2

• dave u pinned this topic

Dave I agree 100per cent, I don’t know if those in charge looked at the easy way that we did it last year or what, and thought , that can’t happen again. It’s no good going over it all but there is no doubt that the odds have been stacked against us this year. Injuries apart, we were cheated at Everton and Brighton, and again today.People are loving Allison’s howler, three touches of the ball earlier Mane was pushed to the floor, did they look at it ,no, so l’ve come to the same conclusion as you , it’s fuckin bent

All the other stuff you mentioned makes absolute sense but it was the Sadio push that had me screaming at the telly, my wife and the world in general. I actually struggled to get my head around how blatant this was and how little was made of it. It’s fucking shocking and we’re definitely going to see fans moving away from the game. I love my football but at the moment I can’t even bring myself to like it.

Have to agree with most of this. Ive said to the old girl our games arent 11 v 11 any more or who has the best team on the day. Even when you have the best team on the day, you can still lose if the oppo keeper has a worldie or they get a fluke goal like Ingsy did the other game.

No, now games are decided by what the ref and VAR want the result to be. Of course the cunts will say they dont operate like that. But they clearly do, look at the stats: united almost the same number of pens in just over 2 years as Jurgen has had in over 5. And I bet you'll find most of those united pens havecome in the last 18 months.

Brighton away, robbo and welbeck's boot come together at the same time. Ref waves play on, VAR intervenes, ref changes his mind and awards a pen. Ive lost count how many times Mo has had more contact in the box than Welbeck had in his challenge yet Mo's claims always waved away more often than not.

I could go on but we're all singing the same song.

The whole thing just feels very sinister the way they are coming to these decisions I mean how is todays allowed 

EuHK15KXMAQCrIA?format=jpg&name=large

When they disallowed the Mane one and even worse the Bamford one for Leeds v Palace 

0_Leeds-United-pic.png

It’s just corrupt as fuck but as usual rival fans will go all tribal and think it’s hilarious without realising they could be on the receiving end of it (unless you’re Utd) next week

And then to rub salt into the wounds we have the blatant push on Mane before Vardy scores the second which 9 times out of 10 are rightly given as it’s an obvious foul and one which that manc Taylor was literally on top of.

Slightly off kilter but I really hope England get shafted and go out to a dodgy decision in the Euros 

• Upvote 4

18 minutes ago, Stickman said:

The whole thing just feels very sinister the way they are coming to these decisions I mean how is todays allowed 

EuHK15KXMAQCrIA?format=jpg&name=large

When they disallowed the Mane one and even worse the Bamford one for Leeds v Palace 

0_Leeds-United-pic.png

It’s just corrupt as fuck but as usual rival fans will go all tribal and think it’s hilarious without realising they could be on the receiving end of it (unless you’re Utd) next week

And then to rub salt into the wounds we have the blatant push on Mane before Vardy scores the second which 9 times out of 10 are rightly given as it’s an obvious foul and one which that manc Taylor was literally on top of.

Slightly off kilter but I really hope England get shafted and go out to a dodgy decision in the Euros 

Yes please....add a little joy at the end of what has been a miserable season.

I haven't watched any of our games since the last CL game, but I thought I'd give it a go today, as I've accepted the title has gone. We were comfortably the better team, though still not quite clicking in the final third and then.... I did think it was a foul by Tiago, a really lazy leg he stuck out and Hendo was telling him so after, but it was clearly outside the area so why did  VAR take so long over a decision that was clear the instant we saw the replay? Attwell was the VAR. He was the tef who years ago gave a goal when the ball didn't even go in the net. He's an incompetent referee who the players clearly have no respec for, so what's he still doing in the job and why is he able to sit in judgement on other referees? As for the offside, they seem to have a different criteria for the lines every week, but they remind me of my 5 year old great-nephew and his etch-a-sketch set. Then there's the foul on Sadio, which couldn't have been more blatant, at that point I switched off so was spared the rest of the agony.

I'd like Klopp to call out the refs, but the death threats to Mike Dean have ruled that out. I wouldn't be surprised if Riley had sent those threats, just to take the heat off the incompetence of these fuckers. The other thing would be that if Klopp did speak out the press would just label it as a rant and ignore what he had to say.

• Upvote 2

100% bang on the fucking money I could have written that report albeit nowhere near as good as that but it echoes all my feelings for the game now I'm done with it except for the champions league and if you'd have asked me the question before I'd have said your out of your mind I love football always have , well i did before this rigged game came into existence but now fuck it I'm just not arsed anymore. 

Love to see a journo in one of the nationals repeat your second paragraph. Or any of this report. 

Erm, wait a minute.....

BTW, didn't BT give Barnes MOM? Nice unbiased reporting there to go with nice unbiased refereeing. I don't know why I didn't switch off after that 'equaliser' as the writing was on the wall.

Football was bent when that pissed up cunt in Salford was around but now it's just taking the piss.

13 minutes ago, tokyojoe said:

Love to see a journo in one of the nationals repeat your second paragraph. Or any of this report. 

Erm, wait a minute.....

BTW, didn't BT give Barnes MOM? Nice unbiased reporting there to go with nice unbiased refereeing. I don't know why I didn't switch off after that 'equaliser' as the writing was on the wall.

Football was bent when that pissed up cunt in Salford was around but now it's just taking the piss.

Fucking incredible Barnes got MoTM, isnt it! Where was he for 85 fucking minutes? In hendo's back pocket, that's where!

Brackley to McManaman, Well Steve, who's your MOTM?

McManaman, Ah well, that Barnes has been brilliant all game. Scored a big, big goal too.

Fuck off you nonce.

Spot on with every word. If we weren't in lockdown with so little else to do, then I genuinely think I'd have given up on football this season by now. Football fans always tend to think the refs are against them but this year has been something else. The only hope is that we will at least get fair officials in the Champions League. I don't even care if Leipzig beat us - just as long as its on sporting merit.

• dave u unpinned this topic