You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

I am fucking done. FUCK VAR

BeefStroganoff

2 minutes ago, Colonel Kurtz said:

Yesterday VAR was used to overturn a penalty decision awarded against us. How do you explain that ? 

Because the foul was outside the box, the offside was then fucked up on the goal, the line goes through his upper arm half way up whilst being just outside Bobby's boot, not corrupt just halfwits doing a piss poor job.

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, Colonel Kurtz said:

Yesterday VAR was used to overturn a penalty decision awarded against us. How do you explain that ? 

Because that was about a foot outside the box, not even they could get away with that. 

The real question should be how the fuck can a professional referee see that and decide its a pen in the first place 

Was penalty he original decision by the ref? I thought he gave a free kick and VAR was trying its best to upgrade it to a penalty - like the one that was given against Sheffield United. 

The level of scrutiny when it is something potentially against our favour is clearly perceptible. Like the Spurs goal that was ruled out recently and even the winner that was scored at Anfield against them was scrutinised.

And then there are the blatant fouls in the penalty box that just get ignored without being checked - Klopp alluded to one against Southampton where he said that he asked the 4th official who told him they had already checked it - within a matter of seconds!

1 hour ago, ManéMan said:

Was penalty he original decision by the ref? I thought he gave a free kick and VAR was trying its best to upgrade it to a penalty - like the one that was given against Sheffield United. 

The level of scrutiny when it is something potentially against our favour is clearly perceptible. Like the Spurs goal that was ruled out recently and even the winner that was scored at Anfield against them was scrutinised.

And then there are the blatant fouls in the penalty box that just get ignored without being checked - Klopp alluded to one against Southampton where he said that he asked the 4th official who told him they had already checked it - within a matter of seconds!

He did give a free kick. The commentator got it wrong. It was VAR that did a check to see if it was on the line, very similar to Fabinho against Sheff UTD. They couldnt justify that so the free kick stood. Got us on the next play though.

BTW Atwell was the guy responsible for the penalty at Brighton with Wellbeck.

15 minutes ago, Colonel Kurtz said:

It’s not a foot, it’s about 3 inches. Watch it again. 

Ok so you can explain these for us all then?

Fabinho pen against Sheff Utd

Salah goal against Brighton

Henderson goal against Everton

VDV offside against Everton

Salah disallowed goal vs Spurs

Wellbeck incident at Brighton

Ashley Barnes challenge vs Mane challenge

Need i go on?

Another example is the incident early on in yesterday's game when Salah was fouled in the box. It was a blatant kick but VAR didn't appear to even consider checking it. But in the game vs Fulham they were checking for the slightest touch by Fabinho for literally minutes before deciding against it.

In the same match for the Fulham goal there was a blatant push on Salah directly before the goal that didnt even get looked at but I'm certain if we had scored that it would've been overruled without hesitation. 

Four refs noted for their bias against us on a charity jaunt to Indonesia canoodling with young female caddies. A couple more who genuinely never give us a thing, so half a dozen well placed well paid officials. Pay offs, betting syndicates, not beyond the realms. Let’s be clear here we are being fucking cheated. It is virtually every game.

Why where Juventus demoted several seasons ago?

Anybody who thinks a multi billion dollar industry can't be manipulated - well I'm sorry you are naive in the extreme.

Mike Riley is in charge of PGMOL. He hated Liverpool with an absolute passion when he reffed, and loved Utd. Now he calls the shots. David Coote was roasted by Andy Robertson last season after 1-1 draw with Burnley when Robertson gave him a dressing down. Next time he was in charge was the Goodison derby where he failed on VAR with VDV and the winning goal. He's best pals with Friend, Attwell and Atkinson amongst others (see what the post above me is referring too). Its not beyond the realms of possibility that this season they decided to teach a certain team a lesson.

Failing that, our overloads where the main instigators in a breakaway league idea which wouldn't have sat well with any governing body.

IT AINT THAT HARD.

• Upvote 1

Beyond VAR it’s the unpunished fouls in the final 3rd that kill any head of steam we might get going.

That Mane one yesterday was a joke and can join an ever growing list of grabbing, holding, strangling moves against our lads with no official willing to protect them.

I know some on here want to pretend it isn’t happening for whatever reason but I’ve seen enough games this season to conclude it’s beyond incompetence. It’s a pattern now and patterns are normally formed by deliberate planning.

12 hours ago, skaro said:

Lifting the League Trophy (that ugly horrible trophy) on an empty Kop was probably the beginning of the end for me.

I know that's as a result of covid, but it sums up the soulless, manufactured, shit show that football has turned into.

And for all the offside etch-a-sketching bollocks, that super slo-mo penalty decision at Brighton probably epitomises it for me.

This doesn't even remotely resemble the game I signed up for over 40 years ago... that had me on my knees praying for victories when I was 10, crying myself to sleep after losing an FA Cup Final, even marvelling at things that had nothing to do with us - like a Dennis Tueart overhead kick.

Now, it's like the ad break is occasionally interrupted by the TV show.  

As for the real trophy, well someone like Brentford might be lifting it in a few months....

PA-1176462.jpg

The Bamford one finished me off. I was fuming with those 2 incidents yesterday in the opening 15. Both more easily a pen than the wellbeck thing you mention. 

3 hours ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

The fact he blew for it shows mancunian referee Taylor should not be with a mile of Liverpool games. Its a constant thing with Taylor involved with our games.

Got any more examples of Taylor making bad decisions? Just playing devil's advocate really. I'm seeing posts like this a lot but I can't see any examples. 

2 hours ago, BeefStroganoff said:

He did give a free kick. The commentator got it wrong. It was VAR that did a check to see if it was on the line, very similar to Fabinho against Sheff UTD. They couldnt justify that so the free kick stood. Got us on the next play though.

BTW Atwell was the guy responsible for the penalty at Brighton with Wellbeck.

He didn't give a free kick. He clearly gave a pen and points to the spot.