You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

RB Leipzig (A) UCL - Tues 16th Feb 2021 at 20:00

TheDrowningMan

5 minutes ago, dockers_strike said:

On another note, Gini must be fucking crazy to want to play at Barcelona with that loon Koeman in charge.

See him laughing at full time? Imagine that just got snotted 4-1 at home to see your manager acting like that, not gonna end well for him, Gini will be playing under someone else I reckon.

3 minutes ago, Mark M said:

Manes header... Salah had a one on one. You sure you watched the same game ?

Just now, Halcyon Days said:

Mealy mouthed manc cunts would have a lot more to say if it was the beloved’s or the baldy twat fc. Stinks of small time bitterness that ‘report’.

Think Mo's chance would've been ruled out for offside and Manes header wasn't a great opportunity. What I'm trying to get at is we had 3 shots on target, scoring from two which were from huge defensice mistakes, so getting all touchy about being manc driven bile is very wide of the mark if you ask me.

We've clearly making strides forward and should've got much more out of the game versus Leicester but the defensive frailty is going to be there all season, hell, was even before VVD got injured. 

Like I say, much better performance, and from small seeds grow big trees and all that, but we still look very frail at the back, understandably so, but hopefully that gives the team a confidence booster with the upcoming derby game. 

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Halcyon Days said:

See him laughing at full time? Imagine that just got snotted 4-1 at home to see your manager acting like that, not gonna end well for him, Gini will be playing under someone else I reckon.

Well if he's not, Im not sure a new Barcelona manager will want a midfielder pushing 30 as part of his rebuilding.

11 minutes ago, Ronnie Whelan said:

Have a feeling he might stay. Certainly don't see him rushing to Barca. Juve love a good free transfer though.

I’d love him to stay.
There’s no way we are going to be offering him the type of money he’ll get as a free transfer from another club though. 

1 minute ago, Mark M said:

I’d love him to stay.
There’s no way we are going to be offering him the type of money he’ll get as a free transfer from another club though. 

Yeah that's the thing isn't it.

The only thing is that he loves the club and the city. Think he just wants to be treated with more respect by the club. If they can give him a wage that is deserving of a club stalwart, I think he would stay.

* The wage he is on is obscene but it's relative to a player of his quality.

11 minutes ago, Sweeney287 said:

Think Mo's chance would've been ruled out for offside and Manes header wasn't a great opportunity. What I'm trying to get at is we had 3 shots on target, scoring from two which were from huge defensice mistakes, so getting all touchy about being manc driven bile is very wide of the mark if you ask me.

We've clearly making strides forward and should've got much more out of the game versus Leicester but the defensive frailty is going to be there all season, hell, was even before VVD got injured. 

Like I say, much better performance, and from small seeds grow big trees and all that, but we still look very frail at the back, understandably so, but hopefully that gives the team a confidence booster with the upcoming derby game. 

Good assessment can’t argue too much with that, BBC Sport are still manc cunts though!

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, therevivalist said:

Bundesliga must be real shit if these guys are second in the league. I really don't rate this team so high. We did every well though and we got something to build on for the rest of the season. I wouldn't say we're back yet but we're at least showing that we haven't turned into crap all of a sudden. Saturday is crucial. 

Bayern are good but are averaging 3 goals a game.

First of all, how much fucking better is the Champions League than the Premier League? The quality of that game was fantastic. 

Salah and Mane both brilliant, Thiago and Jones perfect in midfield and we took the kid gloves off Kabak and he played great. 

Only thing is, we should still be creating more chances. Leipzig basically gave us the game on a silver platter. 

7 hours ago, Sweeney287 said:

Good post. We were far from perfect. They gave us many opportunities to break and catch them off balance, and we never punished them like we did at our best a year or two ago. A bit like Brighton in the home game, they were also quite open at times. 

Also our defence looked about as shaky as it has done for a while, but without the glaring individual mistakes yesterday. Many fail or refuse to see this however when we win. Probably some of the same people that will say everything was shite, we’ve been found out and we need a new team the next time we loose.

• Upvote 1