You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

RB Leipzig (A) UCL - Tues 16th Feb 2021 at 20:00

TheDrowningMan

1 minute ago, manwiththestick said:

Good point, never thought of that, I'm sure UEFA have obviously.

They'll just plough on exactly same as it was using the 'designated' drawn games as originally drawn.

So we are 'away' tonight aren't we?

And our 'home' leg if it is played in Romania or whatever is 2nd.

Joke.

7 minutes ago, an tha said:

I think you are right, but i think what we all want to see is two centre halves playing at centre half and Hendo and Fabinho restored to our midfield.

Probably gonna be next season now before do, but until we do i feel things are gonna continue to be tough....as clearly the combined knock on effect is killing us.

I'd actually personally now just to see our midfield back rather see Phillips/Kabak.

The bigger issue of course is us just not sorting it when we have had 3 months to do so.

Couldn’t give Davies a debut against a decent side like this.Play the 2 new lads on Sat, Klopp loves trolling our Blue friends and have them ultra confident when they see our team sheet. Hendo, Fab back in the middle on Sat. *taps nose*. 

17 minutes ago, liverpoolsno9 said:

Another 65 mins of Curtis, strutting round like a peacock, breaking into a really slow jog every few minutes. Someone needs to tell him it’s proper football and not ‘walking football’. Would much rather Shaq. 

I think he does graft for the team. However I agree he can be a bit too casual and ponderous on the ball sometimes. We dont get much end product out of him nowadays.

Still, it is hard to be too critical of him given his age. Some inconsistency in his performance is to be expected.

13 minutes ago, an tha said:

Didn't last 8 on last season end up as 1 leg at a neutral venue?

Makes a mockery of what comp is about.

They really should have just jibbed European and International footy off until the world is back to some sort of normality.

Yeah and the Europa too.

But gotta keep that Uefa family gravy train rolling along 

1 minute ago, liverpoolsno9 said:

Couldn’t give Davies a debut against a decent side like this.Play the 2 new lads on Sat, Klopp loves trolling our Blue friends and have them ultra confident when they see our team sheet. Hendo, Fab back in the middle on Sat. *taps nose*. 

Tonight agree....going forward feel he needs to just bite the bullet and get that midfield back.

The hope for me here is that they might really fancy getting into us and giving us a good hiding, which just might enable us to play on break and exploit space as opposed to the usual pattern of have loads of the ball against a team sitting back and us having no idea what to do with it.

36 minutes ago, Stickman said:

Stephen Warnock on BBC “I think out of fairness they should have the second leg at a neutral ground too...I mean what’s the point in all this, no fans and now you don’t play at either teams own stadium either ? It’s just sterile shite to appease Uefa and TV companies  

Fuck me and certain people wanted to put an asterisk next to our league title last season even though it turned out we had enough points before lockdown to have won it .

bit sweary there from the W.

• Upvote 1

47 minutes ago, an tha said:

Henderson in defence again....

Sigh.

Liverpool: Alisson, Alexander-Arnold, Kabak, Henderson, Robertson, Wijnaldum, Jones, Thiago, Mane, Salah, Firmino.

Subs: Adrian, Kelleher, Oxlade-Chamberlain, Tsimikas, Shaqiri, Origi, Davies, R. Williams, Phillips, Cain, Clarkson, N. Williams.

That team finishes 6th - oh wait....