You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Premier League Round Up (Feb 6-8 2021)

tlw content

Another fucking miserable weekend. It could have been worse but when we have a nightmare like that there’s very little consolation to be had in any other result that goes our way.

The result at Old Trafford was as good as we could have hoped for. We couldn’t afford either of them to win so this was a relief. It was also funny the way it ended. Goldbridge’s reaction alone was worth Everton having their moment of joy.

Just look at this (from 6:15 onward) ….

I know I’m stating the obvious here, but I think maybe we find it easy to forget as this is becoming the new normal now. But it isn’t normal. Watching MOTD and seeing United and Everton players walking out in deathly silence is just fucking weird. 

This no fans thing is so shit that I even miss hearing United fans at Old Trafford. Seriously. I’m looking at this now and it’s just grim. Maguire leading United out and there’s just complete silence from an empty stadium. I hate it. Like I say, I know that’s an obvious thing to say but I do think maybe we’re becoming desensitised to it after so long?

I don’t miss their away following though, there’s literally no worse sound in the world than the nasal drone that emanates from a United away end. If they were never allowed inside stadiums again it would still be too soon. Horrible cunts.

Anyway, Cavani headed United in front from a peach of a cross by Rashford and then Fernandez added a spectacular second from 25 yards. Great strike but he was given all day to line that up. Everton players just stood and watched. It was bizarre to see.

United hadn’t even played especially well to lead 2-0 but that’s fairly standard. They rarely look that impressive but they don’t need to because they’ve got goals in them. Cavani, Rashford, Fernandez, Martial and Greenwood are more often than not going to produce some individual moment of quality and that can do a lot to offset a lack of great team play.

They should have gone on to win by a landslide but because they’re not that good and have significant flaws throughout the side (and in the dugout) they threw it away (twice) in the second half.

The Blues pulled one back in fortuitous circumstances when De Gea pushed out a harmless Calvert-Lewin cross directly to Doucoure who had an open goal. Shite once again from De Gea.

Rodriguez then equalised three minutes later. United had gotten complacent but once it was level again they started playing once more and began creating chances again. McTominay restored their lead with a back header that Olsen should have saved. 

Then with the last kick of the game Calvert-Lewin prodded home after United didn’t deal with a free-kick. Dogshit again from De Gea who stayed rooted to his line until it was too late. Mad that a game was strewn with shite keeping yet Pickford was nowhere in sight.

Everton are shit. I’m sick of saying it. It’s true though. But don’t blame me if they finally win at Anfield. If that happens it isn’t because of anything I’ve said. It’s because Everton are shit and for some reason, all of a sudden we can no longer beat shit teams. And they fall into that category because they are, without question, shit.

This is just a teaser, click here to view the full article

Please note that PL Round Ups are only available to website subscribers. Subscriptions cost just £2 a month (you need to register first) and can be purchased here. 

• Upvote 1

• dave u pinned this topic

"Football without fans is nothing. It could be the greatest game in the world, but if there are no people there to watch it, it becomes nothing. The fans are the lifeblood of the game."

Jock Stein (very near the beginning of the "Three Kings" documentary).

• dave u unpinned this topic