You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Curtis Jones

liverpoolsno9

After a great start to his career, his form dropped off and he had a few knocks iirc. He was taking too long on the ball and making poor decisions with it. The emergence of Elliot,  before his ankle went, made people make unfair comparisons. He's been coached and, as usual with Klopp, is improving. Actually think a season on loan to a lower PL team would be the makings of him, but unfortunately won't happen now.  A player like him would cost 40 - 50m to buy.  Hopefully he'll make great strides this season, as many scousers in the team as possible please. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Paulie Dangerously said:

. Actually think a season on loan to a lower PL team would be the makings of him, but unfortunately won't happen now. 

I'm not so sure this is unfortunate. The signs are there to argue that him staying at home will benefit both Curtis Jones and Liverpool F.C.

Way too early to make any conclusions but Curtis could soon be one of the first names on our team sheet.

A midfielder who actually takes a shot outside the box. Yes please!

55 minutes ago, Dave D said:

Imagine the praise lavished at Thiago if he had played the way Jones did in Porto.

Curtis Jonesiago

Imagine the YouTube videos if it had been Naby.

“Keita unlocked” would be small change in comparison. “Keita the GOAT!”

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, BeefStroganoff said:

I am but its early days.

Would prefer to watch our games without worrying about our key players picking up knocks though.

I've got 2 ideas for you 

1- Don't watch the games

2- Don't worry about the things out of your control 

I'd strongly advise option 2

Peace & Love

1 hour ago, BeefStroganoff said:

I am but its early days.

Would prefer to watch our games without worrying about our key players picking up knocks though.

Beefy, I know you and I disagree on some things and I agree about the knocks. But they are part and parcel of football. Other clubs get them as well although we were particularly 'unlucky' with long term injuries last season.

On 29/09/2021 at 17:53, No2 said:

Teams don't play shit for the craic, Barca didn't intend to lose 4 nil to us, City were destroyed in 20 minutes not because they played shit, it has happened to better teams than Porto and Atalanta. You can't do that without top performances, Atalanta and Porto have never lost that heavily at home before, some credit is surely due?

Spot on fella. 

Poetry in motion is always ignored.

Bayern where shit the other year too.