You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

ZeroZeroZero

Bjornebye

I've watched it all now, was terrific, tension galore.

Was a bit meh about the ending though, it felt it had built to a tense crescendo with Stefano and his family but it quickly wrapped everything up. 

From a point of view of someone who wants to watch more of this stuff, in order, where do I go next? 

PS, it's all shit compared to Battlestar Galactica. 

6 hours ago, Colonel Bumcunt said:

Was a bit meh about the ending though, it felt it had built to a tense crescendo with Stefano and his family but it quickly wrapped everything up. 

From a point of view of someone who wants to watch more of this stuff, in order, where do I go next? 

Romanzo Criminale, Gomorrah, Suburra. All of them started as a film and were then made into a TV series. All of them are better than ZeroZeroZero though not as expensive looking. 

7 hours ago, Colonel Bumcunt said:

When the last episode started I was wondering how they'd wrap it all up in one go. They didn't do too bad but still some unanswered questions and they set it right up for a second series when she asked Manuel about another shipment to Russia. 

7 hours ago, Carvalho Diablo said:

Mr Inbetween

Ha, I recommended Zerozerozero to my mate last week, he blitzed it then asked for another, he's just finished Mr Inbetween and loved it. 

• Upvote 1

24 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

When the last episode started I was wondering how they'd wrap it all up in one go. They didn't do too bad but still some unanswered questions and they set it right up for a second series when she asked Manuel about another shipment to Russia. 

Ha, I recommended Zerozerozero to my mate last week, he blitzed it then asked for another, he's just finished Mr Inbetween and loved it. 

Mr Inbetween? What's that about?

I don't answer questions.

6 minutes ago, Johnny Utah said:

Just me who thinks it’s average enough then?Half way through it now.The storyline with the brother and sister is shite.She is rotten too.Shame on anyone saying they would go there.Don’t think it’s in the same league as Gomorrah.Does it pick up in the final 4 episodes maybe?

If you don't like it you don't like it but when you see her in the nightclub in a few episodes you absolutely would go there. 

12 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

If you don't like it you don't like it but when you see her in the nightclub in a few episodes you absolutely would go there. 

I do really like the parts in Italy and Mexico but just think the parts with the brother and sister are a bit far fetched.How the fuck would they be involved in major international drug trafficking?Recognise the brother from The Place Beyond the Pines. Look forward to seeing Rapinoe in her full glory though 

20 minutes ago, Johnny Utah said:

I do really like the parts in Italy and Mexico but just think the parts with the brother and sister are a bit far fetched.How the fuck would they be involved in major international drug trafficking?Recognise the brother from The Place Beyond the Pines. Look forward to seeing Rapinoe in her full glory though 

Because of their dad silly 

On 16/02/2021 at 08:29, cloggypop said:

Romanzo Criminale, Gomorrah, Suburra. All of them started as a film and were then made into a TV series. All of them are better than ZeroZeroZero though not as expensive looking. 

I've watched suburra, thought it was decent m enough to. 

Romanzo criminale is a film which suburra was based on then, am I right? I haven't seen it yet.

Any other Italian crime shows of note worth watching? Actually, any other foreign crime series of note worth watching? 

I thought undercover on Netflix, the Dutch/belgian series was absolutely fantastic, one of my favourite shows ever on Netflix

25 minutes ago, chrisbonnie said:

I've watched suburra, thought it was decent m enough to. 

Romanzo criminale is a film which suburra was based on then, am I right? I haven't seen it yet.

Any other Italian crime shows of note worth watching? Actually, any other foreign crime series of note worth watching? 

I thought undercover on Netflix, the Dutch/belgian series was absolutely fantastic, one of my favourite shows ever on Netflix

Still haven't seen Undercover. Must get round to it.

Romanzo Criminale was a film and then a TV series. It's a bit earlier than Gomorrah. Suburra was also a film and then TV. 

That's it for me and Italian telly, Vlad might know more as he seems to be on a lot of foreign series. 

Watched the first episode last night. Early days but so far doesn't touch the sides of Gomorrah. 

That aside, what the fuck are they doing by like starting the episode and then like ten minutes in running some credits. Jesus what kind of a twat thinks this is a device that helps the viewer? Used to see it a lot in US cop shows and sitcoms, but this took it to a whole new level. 

"Right, let's immerse our audience in a hard-hitting opening ten minutes." 

"What like properly get their attention?" 

"Yeah exactly." 

"And what then, introduce the characters, develop the storyline, kill someone unexpected?" 

"No. Don't be ridiculous. I'll run some random credits." 

"Run some credits? Won't that break some of the immersion we've just created? Might the audience be reminded this is just a TV show?" 

"You don't understand anything do you? People want to see my name and my mates' names in lights. It's vital they do."

"Oh, ok. You're the boss."

"Yes. I am. You know it, now the audience will know it too." 

Reminds me a bit of this, undoubtedly posted elsewhere.... 

On 18/02/2021 at 08:28, cloggypop said:

Still haven't seen Undercover. Must get round to it.

Romanzo Criminale was a film and then a TV series. It's a bit earlier than Gomorrah. Suburra was also a film and then TV. 

That's it for me and Italian telly, Vlad might know more as he seems to be on a lot of foreign series. 

Not Italian,but I'd recommend the French series Le Bureau des Legendes(The Bureau/Office) which has 4 series already. Its been mentioned on here before but is an excellent spy type of series. I think they might have done a fifth series but not translated into English yet.