You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Roggo’s Rangers (A) - PL - Sat 13th Feb at 12.30pm

Anubis

1 minute ago, Herp McDerp said:

Back in December I said the season had the feels of the 08/09 season all over again, with us drawing too many matches and anyone that raised their concerns being shouted down because "we're top of the league". I'd give anything for the rest of the season to play out like the 08/09 season now.

Halcyon days

12 minutes ago, Carvalho Diablo said:

At 19 I qualified with Durham FA as a referee.

I'm 51 on Tuesday.

I haven't got a clue what is and what isn't offside anymore.

Neither do the officials on the pitch or running VAR.

4 minutes ago, Bellflower said:

It's whatever PGMOL want it to be........

Even these cunts dont have a clue.

5 minutes ago, Colonel Kurtz said:

All of this angry talk about VAR and corruption doesn’t make any sense to me. Who is paying the refs and why ? 

I think they're just utterly inept.

5 minutes ago, Shooter in the Motor said:

They've drawn the line from the sleeve of the Leicester player's shirt, which if he uses to score a goal would be allowed. Unfortunately it looks like it's so tight that they've given the advantage to the attacking team but really the linesman flagged for offside so it should have stood as offside as it's so tight. 

The penalty claim in the first half on Salah was weighted by VAR to the defensive team. Hard to know all the intricacies of the rules regarding benefit of the doubt and the result is inconsistent decisions. 

I acknowledge the limitation of trying to draw lines on pictures but they've drawn the line from the top of his arm not the 'T shirt' line. The other day they drew the line on a Villa player's arse only it was about 3" high on his arse cheek not the furthest most point.

Im convinced after the 'was it in the box or not?' foul, VAR didnt want to find a reason to rule that equaliser out.

2 minutes ago, Colonel Kurtz said:

There’s absolutely no evidence for that at all and the bookie make too much money from betting addicts to worry about corrupting refs. Besides, today given our shit form, there would have been a lot of money wagered on a Leicester win so this wasn’t the result the bookies wanted.  Every club has fans who thinks the refs are corrupt, go on the city blue moon website and that was pretty much all they talked about last season. This season it’s our turn to moan without any evidence either. 

There are a lot more betting options than just the result...............

9 minutes ago, Colonel Kurtz said:

All of this angry talk about VAR and corruption doesn’t make any sense to me. Who is paying the refs and why ? 

I dont think anybody is being paid but I'm certainly concerned about referee bias and VAR being absolutely perfect for making the decisions that open to interpretation games can be shaped on a whim, the same type of foul or misconduct can be punished completely differently in the exact same game let alone different ones. Taylor should never be allowed to ref our games anyway due to his manc affiliation and his track record showing either incompetence in our games or a bias against fuck him.

The free kicks and yellow card situations through out this season has been insanely inconsistent. 

6 minutes ago, Trevorjc said:

VAR is to correct clear and obvious errors, that was neither. 

It’s mad how this horseshit is still doing the rounds this long after VAR has been introduced. The clear and obvious error was to do with fouls.  It had absolutely nothing to do with offsides and never has done since the day it started.  You’re just parroting some shite Leon Osman or some other dickhead came out with about a year ago.

3 minutes ago, halewood pete said:

Is this what it feels like to be an evertonian?

Nah we've won everything there is to win in the last 25 years, they've won fooooookkkk all except the right to use the deaths of 39 people they don't give a shit about to ride their high horse.

We've got to remember as shit as this is we've just had the best few years. Most fans couldn't even dream of what we've seen.

• Like 1

It’s not corruption but there’s 100% either conscious or subconscious anti-scouse bias.  We are the only city of people really by and large that most of the country has a dislike of.  It plays out in lots of forms politically and socially which then has the knock on impact on referees.

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, The Guest said:

It’s not corruption but there’s 100% either conscious or subconscious anti-scouse bias.  We are the only city of people really by and large that most of the country has a dislike of.  It plays out in lots of forms politically and socially which then has the knock on impact on referees.

Funny how we're the only city that banned the influence of Rupert Murdoch. It made us less of the knuckle dragging flag waving bellends that make up this country. Shame Everton fans join in songs about scousers on a bonfire.

• Upvote 1

It is actually scary how much worse this can get yet.

You might have thought losing at home to Burnley (after a load of bad results) and losing a years and years long home unbeaten record might be the nadir....or if not that then how about losing at home shortly after to Brighton?

No....ok, how about letting in 4 at home to the side who have taken your championship crown in barely half a season?

No....ok, totally capitulating from in front away at Leicester - surely at this point professional pride, dignity and a bit of fucking fight has to kick in.

9 pts from last 10 games...3 defeats on spin by an aggregate of 8-2.

Or shall we really stoop for the nadir and let Everton rock up at Anfield next week and win there for the first time in over 20 years?

Get a fucking grip, redmen.

17 minutes ago, TheDrowningMan said:

I’d like to think you’re right, but am doubtful so we'll see. Not having money on the table as soon as the transfer window opened was just unforgivable and the continued lack of urgency as the month wore on only made matters worse. I can’t help but fear they think they’ll spin a nice little profit regardless of where we finish and that they’ll just adjust investment in the team accordingly. 

Things change so quickly in football and we had an incredible opportunity to build on some great, high profile successes and without a big summer that is completely undone - we won’t get another chance at the top anytime soon and, while we’ll always be a big club, we won’t be able to complete with giants like Manchester City and Chelsea in terms of a global fan base after another fallow spell, which further reduces the chance of completing with the best in future.

I think they took Jurgen and the team for granted and thought they could go another year to eighteen months without spending much, all the while expecting to win trophies. 

I think like most business people they love to spend little and make a lot of money. However, they are very smart people and us being allowed to decline and undo all the good work over the last few years is a disaster for them if they are staying and it's a disaster if they plan to sell the club which is always a possibility. 

I don't see them doing that to be honest. I think we will buy one player that will get us very excited like Grealish or Maddison and two or three players from the continent who will probably be very good because it is Jurgen. I doubt we will net spend the amount I would like but once we have a squad full of options with a younger age profile off the back of Jurgen and Michael Edwards doing their thing I'm okay with that.

We'll be a different team come August. Like I said if they don't put their hands in their pockets this summer or at least we can see that we have a proper squad rather than relying on lads like Divock, it will get ugly imo because it won't be acceptable.

28 minutes ago, Colonel Kurtz said:

But to repeat my point, there’s no absolutely evidence of bias. People cherry pick the odd marginal decisions that cost us games but ignore the countless ones that go in our favour. It’s bias on the part of people who perceive bias. 

There’s plenty of evidence for it.  Martin Atkinson last season drew the lines on Firmino 3 times and basically made him offside against Burnley after he scored.  I’ve yet to see him or any other referee do this again since.  We had that incident with Kane where he was about 10 yards off side but the goal was allowed to stand because Lovren made contact with the ball trying to cut it out.  They used VAR at the time when it hadn’t actually been implemented to try to fuck us over.  Jon Moss could be heard asking what it showed on the TV.  The same thing happens against Villa and they apologise and clarify the rules.  Fabinho makes a tackle on the edge of the box where his foot clearly gets the ball and touches the player outside the box but a pen gets given anyway because part of Fabinho was in the box which recently has been clarified the other way again (which we benefitted from today tbf).

Dave highlighted a stat the other week that we’ve been given less free kicks than any other side in the premier league this season other than Sheffield United.  We have more of the ball than basically any other team which makes it laughably suspicious.  It’s hard to quantify how many shithouse decisions referees give against us.  The signs are all there though.  The fact that Clattenburg recently came out and said referees were biased towards United in Fergies years tells you it can and does go on as well.

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, Colonel Kurtz said:

If people are going to start throwing around unsubstantiated accusations of corruption, I’d look a bit closer to home. Allison has effectively cost us 6 points, the league and probably top 4. You would have got great odds on us not making top 4 at the start of the season. I really don’t want to think the lad is on the take but if you were going to bribe anybody, the goalies the place to start not the ref. Lots of suspicions about the last season of Grobbelar back in the day. To be clear I absolutely don’t think Allison is bent but it’s more likely to be him than the ref if any is being bribed.  

This is comical.  You think a guy being paid millions a year with a lot more to lose is more likely to be bribed than a referee who probably earn less than 100k a year.

I'm furious,and not at the way we played. Their first goal was blatantly offside and while it could be missed without VAR,it certainly couldnt with the benefit of it. No excuse for that other than pure bias or corruption. The other incident was Kabak being booked for an excellent piece of defending by reading a striker's run and being too strong for him,unbelievably bad. There is no excuse for their second or third other than at the time we should have still been 1-0 ahead. Ive said before how bad the refereeing is and this just confirms it.

Middle England has never liked Liverpool or it's people. We're their Detroit or Marseille.

Being a Scouser in London in the 80s, you were just above the Irish, West Indians and Asians in the pecking order. Actually, they basically viewed you as Irish with their Victorian stereotypes on who we are. Nearly 30 years of being the best club in England left a lot of bitter people towards us. That's still there with fans and ex players.

Having said that, I don't buy that there is corruption. Our form is on us. Bad decisions cost us against Brighton and Everton. Maybe another game at a push. 

11 minutes ago, VladimirIlyich said:

I'm furious,and not at the way we played. Their first goal was blatantly offside and while it could be missed without VAR,it certainly couldnt with the benefit of it. No excuse for that other than pure bias or corruption. The other incident was Kabak being booked for an excellent piece of defending by reading a striker's run and being too strong for him,unbelievably bad. There is no excuse for their second or third other than at the time we should have still been 1-0 ahead. Ive said before how bad the refereeing is and this just confirms it.

Firminio played him on, and that Kabak thing was obstruction.

50 minutes ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

Funny how we're the only city that banned the influence of Rupert Murdoch. It made us less of the knuckle dragging flag waving bellends that make up this country. Shame Everton fans join in songs about scousers on a bonfire.

If Everton were even remotely successful the same shit would start happening to them.