You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Roggo’s Rangers (A) - PL - Sat 13th Feb at 12.30pm

Anubis

11 minutes ago, Ronnie Whelan said:

Middle England has never liked Liverpool or it's people. We're their Detroit or Marseille.

Being a Scouser in London in the 80s, you were just above the Irish, West Indians and Asians in the pecking order. Actually, they basically viewed you as Irish with their Victorian stereotypes on who we are. Nearly 30 years of being the best club in England left a lot of bitter people towards us. That's still there with fans and ex players.

Having said that, I don't buy that there is corruption. Our form is on us. Bad decisions cost us against Brighton and Everton. Maybe another game at a push. 

Yeah the bias arguement for me isn't about it being against Liverpool specifically but VAR and the rules being so ambiguous refs can officiate with little worry of their decisions being wrong because they're justified by their backroom crew. The bias can be against a players reputation the same foul they see on one player they can give but another refused and yet with VAR they can brush away whether an incident is looked at or spend 5 minutes checking it over and over. Arsenal have been fucked over loads of times, so have villa. Its like they have been given permission to fuck up.

8 minutes ago, Reckoner said:

Firminio played him on, and that Kabak thing was obstruction.

The Kabak thing was not obstruction at all,it was an excellent piece of defending. Contrary to popular belief football is still a contact sport. I will also add that the ball was outside the forwards playing distance and was not obstruction at all.

1 minute ago, Code said:

So Salah basically got stamped on his left foot, then hooked on his right, and VAR decided not to even look at it?

Is it possible to sue these cunts?

1945AD99-B67D-417F-8EF0-2FCF79977C30.jpeg

5D925A44-A60C-4AF4-9209-305F0AB909A7.jpeg

That was a penalty. Is there any doubt Vardy would have got it at the other end?

I'm not sure why it's happening and I'm not offering any theories but that VAR decisions are disproportionately going against us is, I think, inarguable at this point.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, VladimirIlyich said:

The Kabak thing was not obstruction at all,it was an excellent piece of defending. Contrary to popular belief football is still a contact sport. I will also add that the ball was outside the forwards playing distance and was not obstruction at all.

I’d have to see it again to be honest but at the time I think it came down to the pace each player was travelling at, and Kabak would have been overtaken. He did well though, I thought.

Has the game ever been easier to manipulate away from the pitch than it is now? We’ve always had the potential for refs and players being bribed but this feels different. When you bring in technology to justify the outcome in a multi billion pound industry then corruption is a real possibility. Faceless pricks miles away from the ground are deciding the outcome of games mostly confusing fans with some of the worst inconsistent decision making we’ve ever seen. I smell a rat.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, J-V said:

Yet they go full opposite with Utd.

Woe is Liverpool bollocks.  Some desperate shit on here.

Desperate shit? Why would they go against UTD? You got it from the horses mouth, they are the flagship side for the brand. Not Liverpool, not Chelsea, not City.

Ive got two eyes and I can see clearly we are being shafted.

16 minutes ago, BeefStroganoff said:

Desperate shit? Why would they go against UTD? You got it from the horses mouth, they are the flagship side for the brand. Not Liverpool, not Chelsea, not City.

Ive got two eyes and I can see clearly we are being shafted.

It was Utd and us talking of the breakaway.  

We’ve been gradually going backwards since last January and it was even more obvious after the Covid break.  We’ve stuck with average 1 in 10 performers like Firmino far to long as a starter not binning the likes of Origi, Keita, Ox etc then wondering why these players can’t change a game when they even get on a pitch or are injured.  That’s not to mention going into the season with three centre backs which the like of Grinch was getting shit over for highlighting it.

5 minutes ago, KMD7 said:

Anyone know what Klopp had to say after the match?

He said there's nothing we can do about obvious VAR mistakes but we have to stop making them and make the right decisions. Said mix ups between Kabak and Alli can happen with new players. Also said hard work will get us out of this slump.

8 minutes ago, Kevin D said:

It is great for the public here at Leicester to see us. They must have been wondering what this team everyone is talking about are all about and now they've seen. We were wonderful.

Hahahaha how long have you been waiting to pull that one out?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dockers_strike said:

He said there's nothing we can do about obvious VAR mistakes but we have to stop making them and make the right decisions. Said mix ups between Kabak and Alli can happen with new players. Also said hard work will get us out of this slump.

Cheers mate.

1 minute ago, Wezza said:

For some reason there is a complete lack of conviction in everything we are doing. 

We need to get Henderson back into midfield as soon as possible, our game management is more or less non existent at the moment.

There's no energy to our pressing anymore, Henderson showed more aggression to chase the ball from the front on the odd occasions he was still knocking about up there after corners than the rest of the players in front of him.