You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Roggo’s Rangers (A) - PL - Sat 13th Feb at 12.30pm

Anubis

Just now, Tj hooker said:

I looked at it when they put it up and said to my lad if var give that then its corrupt,  he likes var ( god knows why ) but even he said the goal wont stand then suddenly some bent twat draws some lines on a screen and its given fuck off , I honestly think they were angling to give a pen but even those bent cunts wouldn't do that so the next best thing is to give the goal .

Until Var is fucked off I'm not watching another game I'm done with it 

See you back here in a week.

• Upvote 2

10 minutes ago, Ronnie Whelan said:

Let's wait and see what they do this summer.

Even if we come 10th this season, pretty much every top player will still want to play for us. Certainly, they would if the wages are right.

The fatal flaw in an otherwise perfect plan.

• Downvote 1

We didn’t realise it as we somehow managed to plod through until Xmas which in this delayed season was the equivalent of the end of November (game 14) but once We lost vvd & Gomez for the season we were done. Losing our 2 best defenders meant losing our 2 best midfielders which has decimated our best 11.

That’s beyond out control but we also fucked up by not bringing in a replacement for Lovren, then waiting until the last day of  the winter window to bring in centre half’s, those deals should have been agreed and delivered on 1/1. 

The final fuck up was playing Jota in the champions league game as he was playing brilliantly and Salah apart the front 3 looks like it’s gone stale. 

Bitterly disappointing but if we can somehow salvage top 4 then I’d be confident we can come back again next season. 

• Upvote 2

59 minutes ago, Herp McDerp said:

Not sure if its been mentioned but I was reading before kickoff, in his last 4 starts he's picked up 4 yellows inside the first 12 mins for diving in needless tackles about like the tackle they scored the 1st from no need to foul.

Well, not sure about that, but I can tell you this - Not sure if its been mentioned but I was reading before kickoff, in his last 4 starts he's picked up 4 yellows inside the first 12 mins for diving in needless tackles about like the tackle they scored the 1st from no need to foul.

7 minutes ago, Strontium Dog™ said:

The fatal flaw in an otherwise perfect plan.

It will be the first part of it imo. Actually going to Villa or Leicester and bidding big money for say Grealish or Maddison. Put the money on the table. I know they have their wage structure but I actually think it is the going out and net spending 100 million after taking in a certain amount from player sales that will be the sticky point.

I really don't like them but they aren't stupid. They are on a gravy train and this season is a bit of a wake up call for them. I think they got complacent the last two years with the team we had and Jurgen/Edwards kept the show on the road. Next season is different. We need a statement summer. We needed to get the age profile down anyway. It might as well be this summer.

44 minutes ago, J-V said:

I thought that but in the below picture you can clearly see Firmino's foot is not touching the line as you see shadow between foot and the VAR line.  The Leiceister players knee looks ahead of his shoulder as well where the line was drawn from.

Saying all that if Firmino didn't fuck about trying to beat a player with his snails pace in centre midfield none of this would have happened.

EuHK15KXMAQCrIA?format=jpg&name=large

They've drawn the line from the sleeve of the Leicester player's shirt, which if he uses to score a goal would be allowed. Unfortunately it looks like it's so tight that they've given the advantage to the attacking team but really the linesman flagged for offside so it should have stood as offside as it's so tight. 

The penalty claim in the first half on Salah was weighted by VAR to the defensive team. Hard to know all the intricacies of the rules regarding benefit of the doubt and the result is inconsistent decisions. 

8 minutes ago, Code said:

Can we get a gif of this situation please?

3B61DAE9-FD7D-4C9B-A301-451444DAF2F7.jpeg

It’s mad how many these little shithouse fouls against us lead to massive chances or goals.  There was a very similar situation which led to Vardy hitting the bar.  The fucking manc cunt knows exactly what he’s doing letting them go.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Shooter in the Motor said:

They've drawn the line from the sleeve of the Leicester player's shirt, which if he uses to score a goal would be allowed. Unfortunately it looks like it's so tight that they've given the advantage to the attacking team but really the linesman flagged for offside so it should have stood as offside as it's so tight. 

The penalty claim in the first half on Salah was weighted by VAR to the defensive team. Hard to know all the intricacies of the rules regarding benefit of the doubt and the result is inconsistent decisions. 

There’s no weighting or giving advantage when it comes to offsides.  It’s two lines drawn.  Going with the onfield decision would be completely daft and lead to more inconsistency and inevitable controversy.

1 minute ago, The Guest said:

There’s no weighting or giving advantage when it comes to offsides.  It’s two lines drawn.  Going with the onfield decision would be completely daft and lead to more inconsistency and inevitable controversy.

VAR is to correct clear and obvious errors, that was neither. 

2 minutes ago, an tha said:

Pathetic. Really is.

Back in December I said the season had the feels of the 08/09 season all over again, with us drawing too many matches and anyone that raised their concerns being shouted down because "we're top of the league". I'd give anything for the rest of the season to play out like the 08/09 season now.

19 minutes ago, Ronnie Whelan said:

I really don't like them but they aren't stupid. They are on a gravy train and this season is a bit of a wake up call for them. I think they got complacent the last two years with the team we had and Jurgen/Edwards kept the show on the road. Next season is different. We need a statement summer. We needed to get the age profile down anyway. It might as well be this summer.

I’d like to think you’re right, but am doubtful so we'll see. Not having money on the table as soon as the transfer window opened was just unforgivable and the continued lack of urgency as the month wore on only made matters worse. I can’t help but fear they think they’ll spin a nice little profit regardless of where we finish and that they’ll just adjust investment in the team accordingly. 

Things change so quickly in football and we had an incredible opportunity to build on some great, high profile successes and without a big summer that is completely undone - we won’t get another chance at the top anytime soon and, while we’ll always be a big club, we won’t be able to complete with giants like Manchester City and Chelsea in terms of a global fan base after another fallow spell, which further reduces the chance of completing with the best in future.