You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Roggo’s Rangers (A) - PL - Sat 13th Feb at 12.30pm

Anubis

1 minute ago, an tha said:

Agree

Gonna be a serious blow though if owners cut budgets because of it.

Cunts look for any excuse not to spend. We won the biggest prizes in world football and they still come out with excuses not to spend. If we miss out on CL the fire sale will start in thr summer. 

5 minutes ago, 3 Stacks said:

Why would anyone even think about 4th at this rate?

Because we need it as a club to stay with the top group.....i agreed with you other day about 1 season out of it should not see us seen as shite and unattractive....but (and it is a big but) these owners are so risk averse that we may well end up making ourselves look shite and unattractive by acting like a  UEFA cup club rather than a club on a temporary absence from the European Cup.

Selling best players, not re-investing and not competing to buy best/top players......

3 minutes ago, The Guest said:

I don’t know if you’re having some sort of breakdown which to be fair would be understandable but they’ve drawn a line down from sleeve to the floor and then across the pitch which shows his shoulder is not beyond firmino’s foot.

I thought that but in the below picture you can clearly see Firmino's foot is not touching the line as you see shadow between foot and the VAR line.  The Leiceister players knee looks ahead of his shoulder as well where the line was drawn from.

Saying all that if Firmino didn't fuck about trying to beat a player with his snails pace in centre midfield none of this would have happened.

EuHK15KXMAQCrIA?format=jpg&name=large

• Upvote 1

Just now, KMD7 said:

Ive made my peace with it tbh. We're not getting 4th, and if that's the case I'd he happier staying out of the EL places as well. We might by some miracle fluke the Champions League. Just soldier on and think about next season and pray we keep anyone of our best 11 from leaving. 

I've seen a couple of posters on here say this, I just dont see it happening. We'll be lucky not to cop a pasting against RB the way we're playing now. Next season can't come soon enough as this one is done and dusted now.

Just now, Herp McDerp said:

I've seen a couple of posters on here say this, I just dont see it happening. We'll be lucky not to cop a pasting against RB the way we're playing now. Next season can't come soon enough as this one is done and dusted now.

I did say by some miracle mate.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

I think the equaliser was rightly allowed, unfortunately. Amartey can't score with his arm, so it's my understanding that it doesn't matter if his arm/shoulder is ahead of Firmino's foot. The bits Amartey can score with are level with or behind Firmino's foot. I'd be annoyed if that goal was scored by us and then disallowed. 

But, Rio Ferdinand actually got it spot on. The decision isn't the real issue. The difference in spirit and attitude between this season and last season is like chalk and cheese. Last season, we'd have reacted to that goal by going on to find a way to win the game. This season, the goal caused us to absolutely disappear into a shell and shit our kecks and there was only likely to be one winner from the point they equalised. 

What caused that change? Lots of things. Injuries. A complete lack of rhythm and impetus through constantly having to chop and change the line up all the time. Too many players hitting poor form at the same time. 

And, in respect of today's performance, a shit mentality, a calamity of a goal and the substitutes weren't great either. They pretty much killed the midfield and Leicester just cut right through us. 

3 minutes ago, Jairzinho said:

We're on course for 63 points and, to be honest, that's probably optimistic as we appear to be getting worse.

Yeah that 63 projection is PPG as it stands.

I'd say on current form we are likely to get about another 20 pts tops so finish on 60.

4 minutes ago, J-V said:

I thought that but in the below picture you can clearly see Firmino's foot is not touching the line as you see shadow between foot and the VAR line.  The Leiceister players knee looks ahead of his shoulder as well where the line was drawn from.

Saying all that if Firmino didn't fuck about trying to beat a player with his snails pace in centre midfield none of this would have happened.

EuHK15KXMAQCrIA?format=jpg&name=large

The line goes through his knee. Offside rule is a shitshow.

5 minutes ago, Nelly-Torres said:

I think the equaliser was rightly allowed, unfortunately. Amartey can't score with his arm, so it's my understanding that it doesn't matter if his arm/shoulder is ahead of Firmino's foot. The bits Amartey can score with are level with or behind Firmino's foot. I'd be annoyed if that goal was scored by us and then disallowed. 

But, Rio Ferdinand actually got it spot on. The decision isn't the real issue. The difference in spirit and attitude between this season and last season is like chalk and cheese. Last season, we'd have reacted to that goal by going on to find a way to win the game. This season, the goal caused us to absolutely disappear into a shell and shit our kecks and there was only likely to be one winner from the point they equalised. 

What caused that change? Lots of things. Injuries. A complete lack of rhythm and impetus through constantly having to chop and change the line up all the time. Too many players hitting poor form at the same time. 

And, in respect of today's performance, a shit mentality, a calamity of a goal and the substitutes weren't great either. They pretty much killed the midfield and Leicester just cut right through us. 

So why was Bamford’s for Leeds v Palace goal disallowed earlier in the season ? 
As that was ruled out due to his hand being offside 

Agree thought it’s alarming the way we just fold now in games 

collage.png

35 minutes ago, Jimmy Hills Chin said:

This! It was a full on 2 handed push and not a sniff from the ref or a word from the commentators, especially as they scored their second about 20 seconds later.

To be fair, the commentator noticed it and called straight after it happened. The ref completely ignored it, and no linesman flagged it. Absolutely fucking disgusting officiating. Discount the arm in a VAR decision on offside, so yeah why not discount the arms in a blatent push. There needs to be a serious appeal against this. Not that it will make any difference to the result and thats what fucking hurts the most.

That one incident being correctly called, would have produced an entirely different result. Even if there was an official apology, I still want the 3 pricks officiating that match struck off.

Fucking clusterfuck of a game. We should have killed it off alot earlier. I was so looking forward to us signing Thiago I guess there was a reason Guardiola didn't want the man who he wanted to be his only signing at Bayern. Him or noone as he said back then. Not a peep from him this time when he became available. Pisspoor yet again. 

We blatantly got cheated yet again. As clear as an offside their ever will be. J-V's picture shows it all. Was watching it with a mate who is a gooner and he were bursting into laughing about how shit a decision that is. Robbed completely.

That said our collapse is a joke beyond belief. Mentality monster my arse, mentality midgets. I said it before and I'll say it again. Dortmund in Klopps last season exactly the same. Klopp is a genious beyond belief but what the fuck is going on at the training ground ? 

I blame Thiago for this one. His tackling makes Scholes look like Souness.

• Downvote 1

Let's wait and see what they do this summer.

Even if we come 10th this season, pretty much every top player will still want to play for us. Certainly, they would if the wages are right.

Yeah we might not get the Mbappes of this world, but we could certainly get players like Maddison or Grealish. A player that would make a big difference.

I don't mind them talking poor mouth to the echo right now. It's no bad thing if it means we aren't taken to the cleaners by teams in the summer. 

Having said that, if we are the net spend kings after a season like this come August, they will have fucking hell to pay. Even with moving on a few players, I expect them to buy at least 3-4 top players and ensure we have a top class squad to deal with injuries. 

As fans we need to make it ugly if they don't deliver.

• Upvote 1

46 minutes ago, Butch said:

The offside player didn't touch the ball so it was onside. 

Allison came out for the ball and kabak took it away from him, not Allison's fault. 

The offside player doesn’t have to touch the ball, just make a move for the ball.

Kabak looked to have the 2nd covered, but Ali possibly panicked there, not sure, but between them, they got unlucky. The point here, is if you’ve just seen your team mate deliberately taken out with a two handed push, further up the field, would that make you angry? It would make me angry but cool heads need to prevail. 

6 minutes ago, andyj said:

i think we will get in the top 4 that the best ive seen us play this year right up to they scored we just need to cut out the stupid mistakes 

I've heard some variation of this going back a month or two now, I wish I could see a way out of this shitshow but I wouldn't back us to fight our way out of a wet paper bag at the moment.

The team looks bereft of confidence, Klopp looks like a man that needs a sabbatical(understandably so) and hell I'm pretty sure thedrowningman has more faith in the team than they themselves do at this point, can you honestly say you didn't think there was still a good chance we'd fuck it up after we went 1 up today?

45 minutes ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

How can any official look at that and say a red shirt is playing a blue on. That's dodgy as fuck.

I looked at it when they put it up and said to my lad if var give that then its corrupt,  he likes var ( god knows why ) but even he said the goal wont stand then suddenly some bent twat draws some lines on a screen and its given fuck off , I honestly think they were angling to give a pen but even those bent cunts wouldn't do that so the next best thing is to give the goal .

Until Var is fucked off I'm not watching another game I'm done with it