You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Jota is worlds No1 on FIFA 2021

Mathewbet1

5 hours ago, Mathewbet1 said:

Our very own Digo Jota is currently the worlds number 1 ranked player on FIFA 2021, guess he's been using his time off well!

I've never played FUT as it's obvious that someone with access to lots of funds will always be better, seeing as it's pay to win. An impressive feat all the same as there will be thousands of people sending their money to EA.

At least Marvel had the good sense to realise EA were out to con their customers through their Star Wars brand. One day FIFA will be more interested in protecting their brand and integrity more than taking the millions on offer.

22 minutes ago, Mathewbet1 said:

Don't  some of these these top gamers earn millions in ESports? Guess Jota has his retirement plan sorted out!

I'm sure I heard some snippet about eSports from an eGamer that it's not unusual for the winner to be awarded something like $500,000 and often when presented they're asked which charity they are supporting. I don't think they're expected to donate from the contract, it just seems to be a way of trying to encourage it.

For some of them, it's their sole income so they probably donate a little but I wouldn't be at all surprised if someone like Jota would donate most, if not all of his winnings.

• 2 weeks later...