You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Will we win the Champions League this season?

Bjornebye

Will we win the Champions League this season?   

75 members have voted

1. 1. Will we win the Champions League this season?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 05/02/21 at 10:56

I went to the game in the Bernabeau when Bennynoon scored and the Rogers debacle. I’ve been to Madrid like 5 times in general.

But I’d always go back playing against Real.

Something about them makes them a bigger draw to me than Barca.

Maybe because them and Milan are the only 2 sides  that can genuinely say they are better than us.

14 minutes ago, Scott_M said:

I went to the game in the Bernabeau when Bennynoon scored and the Rogers debacle. I’ve been to Madrid like 5 times in general.

But I’d always go back playing against Real.

Something about them makes them a bigger draw to me than Barca.

Maybe because them and Milan are the only 2 sides  that can genuinely say they are better than us.

Over the years I've found I prefer Madrid the city, more than I do Barcelona. 

I've now decided what needs to happen this season. 

Chelsea go on a bit of a run, pulling into a comfortable second place, leaving United scrapping with Leicester and Everton for third. They stumble a bit, and Leicester pips them, leaving them fourth with United fans breathing a huge sigh of relief (and the Bloos have an agonizingly close run but finish fifth on goal difference in the end).

Meanwhile, we are still struggling in the league but manage to squeak past Real Madrid in a tough tie and then destroy Porto with all 3 of the front three scoring in the first leg. All of a sudden, we're back and clicking again and go on an unbeaten run for the rest of the season.

Arsenal go on to win the Europa League final on May 26, meaning they're in the CL next season. And then, on the 29th, we win a massive CL final against PSG or Bayern to take home #7, also knocking the Mancs out of next season's CL in the process. Rio Ferdinand commits hara kiri in the studio and Roy Keane calls Solksjaer an "atrocious gobshite" on live television.

Written in the stars, I'm telling you.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

33 minutes ago, Ne Moe Imya said:

Chelsea go on a bit of a run, pulling into a comfortable second place, leaving United scrapping with Leicester and Everton for third. They stumble a bit, and Leicester pips them, leaving them fourth with United fans breathing a huge sigh of relief (and the Bloos have an agonizingly close run but finish fifth on goal difference in the end).

Meanwhile, we are still struggling in the league but manage to squeak past Real Madrid in a tough tie and then destroy Porto with all 3 of the front three scoring in the first leg. All of a sudden, we're back and clicking again and go on an unbeaten run for the rest of the season.

Arsenal go on to win the Europa League final on May 26, meaning they're in the CL next season. And then, on the 29th, we win a massive CL final against PSG or Bayern to take home #7, also knocking the Mancs out of next season's CL in the process. Rio Ferdinand commits hara kiri in the studio and Roy Keane calls Solksjaer an "atrocious gobshite" on live television.

It's hard to argue with this, but I'm all in on my 2005 champions league omens coming true so I need Chelsea in the Semi's and Everton finishing 4th.

1 hour ago, Ne Moe Imya said:

Beautiful 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Aventus said:

It's hard to argue with this, but I'm all in on my 2005 champions league omens coming true so I need Chelsea in the Semi's and Everton finishing 4th.

Welsh Grand Slam tomorrow. Ken Barlow past it but pray for the Pope.  

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, Reckoner said:

You know, no matter how many times I watch that clip, I still can’t decide how little I give a fuck if it went over the line or not.

Istanbul was wonderful though.

Once I'd convinced myself that it did cross the line, I was actually disappointed.

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, AngryofTuebrook said:

Once I'd convinced myself that it did cross the line, I was actually disappointed.

It would be terrible to think it still kept Mourinho up at night.  
I have a vision of him in a Manchester hotel a few years back, pictures of Rafa all over his wall with arrows drawn in marker pen, various scrawled obscure mathematical fractions on the mirror, proving how the best team lost.

• Upvote 4