You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Will we win the Champions League this season?

Bjornebye

Will we win the Champions League this season?   

75 members have voted

1. 1. Will we win the Champions League this season?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 05/02/21 at 10:56

Sent a text earlier, put my phone away and must have pressed a couple of buttons in the process by accident.

Took my phone out a little later to read this thread and the screen opened up on the text window.

Ready to send as the next message was LFC.

1 hour ago, jonnyp said:

Sent a text earlier, put my phone away and must have pressed a couple of buttons in the process by accident.

Took my phone out a little later to read this thread and the screen opened up on the text window.

I don’t think anecdotes are your forte 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, jonnyp said:

I don't understand what any of this means

7 minutes ago, KMD7 said:

I don't understand what any of this means

1) Sent a text.

2) Closed phone.

3) Must have hit some buttons by accident as I switched the phone off.

4) Later, thought I’d read latest updates on ‘Will we win Champions league thread’.

5) Opened phone to read the thread and was greeted by the unintentional draft text I’d created, with the accidentally hit letters spelling out ‘LFC’.

6) Took it is an omen.

7) Posted my quirk of fate on said thread.

8) Explained to slow kids / Apologised for my lack of earlier clarity*

* Delete as applicable 

• Upvote 5

1 hour ago, jonnyp said:

1) Sent a text.

2) Closed phone.

3) Must have hit some buttons by accident as I switched the phone off.

4) Later, thought I’d read latest updates on ‘Will we win Champions league thread’.

5) Opened phone to read the thread and was greeted by the unintentional draft text I’d created, with the accidentally hit letters spelling out ‘LFC’.

6) Took it is an omen.

7) Posted my quirk of fate on said thread.

8) Explained to slow kids / Apologised for my lack of earlier clarity*

* Delete as applicable 

Some weird Derrin Brown shit going on there mate. Same happened to me one time but mine said fhfffhfdyyyrytfutffrhdhds dhxhbdm.

Number 7s gonna be hard but if anyone can stun the world again it’s us.

• Upvote 3

10 hours ago, Ne Moe Imya said:

I've now decided what needs to happen this season. 

Chelsea go on a bit of a run, pulling into a comfortable second place, leaving United scrapping with Leicester and Everton for third. They stumble a bit, and Leicester pips them, leaving them fourth with United fans breathing a huge sigh of relief (and the Bloos have an agonizingly close run but finish fifth on goal difference in the end).

Meanwhile, we are still struggling in the league but manage to squeak past Real Madrid in a tough tie and then destroy Porto with all 3 of the front three scoring in the first leg. All of a sudden, we're back and clicking again and go on an unbeaten run for the rest of the season.

Arsenal go on to win the Europa League final on May 26, meaning they're in the CL next season. And then, on the 29th, we win a massive CL final against PSG or Bayern to take home #7, also knocking the Mancs out of next season's CL in the process. Rio Ferdinand commits hara kiri in the studio and Roy Keane calls Solksjaer an "atrocious gobshite" on live television.

Written in the stars, I'm telling you.

If Carlsberg did the finish to football seasons........

Hope it’s not just a dream mind.

8 hours ago, Reckoner said:

You know, no matter how many times I watch that clip, I still can’t decide how little I give a fuck if it went over the line or not.

Istanbul was wonderful though.

From my view on the Kop that night, it was in. I don't give a fuck what all the replays etc show, I'll never be told otherwise.

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, Scott_M said:

From my view on the Kop that night, it was in. I don't give a fuck what all the replays etc show, I'll never be told otherwise.

Plus they had about 85 minutes to get an equaliser in and they didn’t. Fuck em! 

3 hours ago, Scott_M said:

7 minutes ago, suzy said:

Plus they had about 85 minutes to get an equaliser in and they didn’t. Fuck em! 

And what always never gets mentioned is that the ref himself said he would have sent Cech off and given a penalty..Moaning bitter cunt Mourinho would have been quite happy to have gone a goal down after 6 minutes rather than 10 men but of course he can never admit that .

• Upvote 1

That Gudjohnsen miss right at the death still gives me nightmares even I was in the Centenary Stand at the far end so all I saw was the shot flash across the goal which seemed to take forever  

As gutted as I was with the Michal Thomas title goal I think if that had gone in it would have easily topped it 

I think we can beat Real Madrid but I don't think we can beat Chelsea in this moment. I think they're going to the final and it will be infuriating that they spunked 250m, only to stink because they had no manager and then they get someone remotely competent in midseason and they have a shot at doing something big this season in the end. 

If we're to win the whole thing, we'd have to avoid English clubs. They just have our number right now. 

On our day we can beat anyone so I wouldn't discount the idea of winning it. If we beat Madrid then the confidence from that would give us a momentum that especially in Europe can't be stopped. 

Our form is really good in the knock out stages. 

This might be the golden nugget in an otherwise shit season. 

D8SWzFCUYAE_463.jpg

24 minutes ago, 3 Stacks said:

I think we can beat Real Madrid but I don't think we can beat Chelsea in this moment. I think they're going to the final and it will be infuriating that they spunked 250m, only to stink because they had no manager and then they get someone remotely competent in midseason and they have a shot at doing something big this season in the end. 

If we're to win the whole thing, we'd have to avoid English clubs. They just have our number right now. 

If we meet them, thats 5/6 weeks away yet. 

Who knows how we’ll be looking like then. I’d be hoping at least Hendo would be back. 

Us beating Chelsea this season isn’t as far fetched as us beating them in ‘05 was.

The great thing about this club is despite being utterly shit for most of the season we could still go on and win the European Cup (Unlikely but possible) which is the paramount achievement in club football. No other clubs are writing us off either as they know we can pull this shit off.