You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Movie Franchise Tournament - QF - Back to the Future vs Alien

Bjornebye

Movie Franchise Tournament - QF - Back to the Future vs Alien  

50 members have voted

1. 1. Movie Franchise Tournament - QF - Back to the Future vs Alien

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 05/02/21 at 08:46

Weird one this, as two out of the three Back to the Future films are ace* but Alien and Aliens would make my top 5 films of all time, easily. So on that basis, and forgetting about the majority of substandard fayre served up since Aliens, i'm plumping for the latter.

*The second one wrecks my head. 

3 minutes ago, johnsusername said:

I love the Alien films (even 4!) but Marty leaves them in the dust of his DeLorean here. And you know, they're just more fun, aren't they? The Alien films are a bit miserable.

bjaws.gif

Given the subject matter they were hardly likely to ever be light hearted, coming of age, Carry On style romps were they?

Although, in all fairness that would have actually been ace.

1 minute ago, Total Longo said:

For all its obvious faults, i actually didn't mind Prometheus, as a stand alone film.

Covenant was truly dreadful though. 

Yeah I quite like Prometheus - it looked amazing at the pictures on the big screen. I never understood why nobody on set pointed out the many plot holes though.

Covenant I probably would have liked if it was a standalone sci fi film and not linked to the Alien universe.

I think Carry On Aliens has promise.

tenor (1).gif

I've only ever seen the Alien films, all 4, in a single marathon day. They were OK but it's not even close. Back to the future was iconic and pretty different from any other film you'll come across despite its commercial accessibility