You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Man City (H) - Premier League - 7/2/21 - 16:30

Bjornebye

For all that we’ve won the last few years, we’ve always had a soft underbelly against teams who move the ball forward with one touch passes and movement at pace. 

Villa and Leeds tore us to shreds this season and we had full strength teams playing and I’ve just had the misfortune to watch city’s goals again on the news and we were all over the place.

That first goal is diabolical and where the fuck is Trent going on the 2nd and 3rd after Allison’s fuck ups. 

City haven’t opened up anyone with as much ease this season as they did to us today. Cut the excuses and the mollycoddling out and get your big boy pants on Jurgen and let’s fucking sort this shit out.

Big performances every game for the rest of this season boys. 

• Downvote 2

1 hour ago, ZonkoVille77 said:

If in doubt, kick it out. He had an option and that was to get rid instead of taking the risky option. 

I'd rather suggest that's Klopp protecting his player too by making it a collective mistake, like the top manager he is. 

So the fact that two master tacticians point to the same point, that means nothing to you? 

• Upvote 1

26 minutes ago, Red74 said:

For all that we’ve won the last few years, we’ve always had a soft underbelly against teams who move the ball forward with one touch passes and movement at pace. 

Villa and Leeds tore us to shreds this season and we had full strength teams playing and I’ve just had the misfortune to watch city’s goals again on the news and we were all over the place.

That first goal is diabolical and where the fuck is Trent going on the 2nd and 3rd after Allison’s fuck ups. 

City haven’t opened up anyone with as much ease this season as they did to us today. Cut the excuses and the mollycoddling out and get your big boy pants on Jurgen and let’s fucking sort this shit out.

Big performances every game for the rest of this season boys. 

The absolute horseshit people come out with after defeats honestly never fails to amaze does it.

“We’ve always had a soft underbelly bla bla bla.”  Then evidences two games from this season where the results have been crazy all round.  One result where we actually won the game against one of the most gung-ho sides the prem has seen in decades after basically no pre season coming off the hangover of winning our first league in 30 years.

Klopp introduced his style from the day he started which involved us pressing teams trying to play out from the back or through us if we gave it away.  Pretty quickly sides just started launching it constantly because we were so good at it.  Signing Van Dijk basically made us unplayable because launching the ball upfield was now just giving us possession back every single time.  City were the best at playing out from the back and we consistently had them off to the point it gave the proclaimed best manager in world football a complex about playing us.  If anything we are absolutely at our best playing against sides that want to play football.  The mental gymnastics complete fucking gobshites like you must go through to come to your outcome is beyond my imagination.

Our problem is breaking down sides that just sit back with everyone behind the ball and since Van Dijk’s injury it has exacerbated it.  It’s destroyed the teams confidence.

• Upvote 6

6 minutes ago, The Guest said:

The absolute horseshit people come out with after defeats honestly never fails to amaze does it.

“We’ve always had a soft underbelly bla bla bla.”  Then evidences two games from this season where the results have been crazy all round.  One result where we actually won the game against one of the most gung-ho sides the prem has seen in decades after basically no pre season coming off the hangover of winning our first league in 30 years.

Klopp introduced his style from the day he started which involved us pressing teams trying to play out from the back or through us if we gave it away.  Pretty quickly sides just started launching it constantly because we were so good at it.  Signing Van Dijk basically made us unplayable because launching the ball upfield was now just giving us possession back every single time.  City were the best at playing out from the back and we consistently had them off to the point it gave the proclaimed best manager in world football a complex about playing us.  If anything we are absolutely at our best playing against sides that want to play football.  The mental gymnastics complete fucking gobshites like you must go through to come to your outcome is beyond my imagination.

Our problem is breaking down sides that just sit back with everyone behind the ball and since Van Dijk’s injury it has exacerbated it.  It’s destroyed the teams confidence.

You chat some serious fucking shite you lad. 

46 minutes ago, Red74 said:

You chat some serious fucking shite you lad. 

To be honest he went easy on you. "For all that we’ve won the last few years, we’ve always had a soft underbelly against teams who move the ball forward with one touch passes and movement at pace." Of a team that took 196 points from 228 possible in 2 seasons while also sweeping the European Cup, with barely a single point of those dropped coming against teams with pace and movement. I mean, it is woefully, absolutely fucking clueless.

I don't mind that we lost but the manner in which we folded after getting back into the game was the biggest concern for me,we just crumbled. Yes,Alisson gifted them two goals although his first mistake could easily have been recovered but just the lack of energy and fight was pretty embarrassing for this team. I feared for us when we named our two best midfielders at centre half and it looked like Fabinho, at least,was nowhere near fit. All this stuff has stemmed from losing VVD,I also think the Wijnaldum situation hasnt helped either, and doing the square pegs in round holes stuff and expecting to get away with it. I really cant see a way back to the top from here without real investment and that is unlikely to happen. I also believe the covid stuff has hit us harder than we've let on.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, John102 said:

Is there a gif of the penalty tackle anywhere? I see Dermot Gallagher has said it was correct not to send off Dias, as Stones was covering and it was only a possible goalscoring opportunity rather than an obvious one. 

I’m glad Salah went down as soon as he felt contact - as we get so few of those decisions go our way it’s a joke.

Mane not going down against Newcastle when the keeper grabbed him still annoys me. 
In saying that it’s never a pen yesterday that. If that was given against us I’d be going ballistic. 

• Upvote 1

15 hours ago, The Guest said:

Nah, Leeds tire us to shreds......................

Match Stats

t14.png
Liverpool

t2.png
Leeds United

Possession %

Shots on target

Shots

Touches

Passes

Tackles

Clearances

Corners

Offsides

Yellow cards

Fouls conceded

• Upvote 2

48 minutes ago, liverpoolsno9 said:

Nah, Leeds tire us to shreds......................

Match Stats

t14.png
Liverpool

t2.png
Leeds United

Possession %

Shots on target

Shots

Touches

Passes

Tackles

Clearances

Corners

Offsides

Yellow cards

Fouls conceded

Are those stats supposed to suggest that they had the better of it?

Fuck City anyway...

Just watched this on the Big Match Revisited from 1977 which was when us City and Ipswich are going for the title

That shot by Case for the second goal, oh to see that that’s sort of attempts nowadays and what a great commentator Gerald Sinstadt was 

• Upvote 4

Reflecting on the game itself and the subsequent narrative around it. I completely disagree, I don’t think City outplayed us whatsoever. I was very disappointed not to go 1-0 through that Mane chance and I had every belief we’d win when Salah scored.

You simply cannot legislate for what Alisson did. It just played out like a team rock bottom in confidence, we conspired to fuck ourselves over. Not having a City masterclass whatsoever.

• Upvote 1