You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Man City (H) - Premier League - 7/2/21 - 16:30

Bjornebye

1 hour ago, LFC 6 Times said:

Reflecting on the game itself and the subsequent narrative around it. I completely disagree, I don’t think City outplayed us whatsoever. I was very disappointed not to go 1-0 through that Mane chance and I had every belief we’d win when Salah scored.

You simply cannot legislate for what Alisson did. It just played out like a team rock bottom in confidence, we conspired to fuck ourselves over. Not having a City masterclass whatsoever.

This is spot on. 

Two very good teams in a tight game decided by fine margins. And not surprisingly the team on a good run wins it.

1 hour ago, LFC 6 Times said:

Reflecting on the game itself and the subsequent narrative around it. I completely disagree, I don’t think City outplayed us whatsoever. I was very disappointed not to go 1-0 through that Mane chance and I had every belief we’d win when Salah scored.

You simply cannot legislate for what Alisson did. It just played out like a team rock bottom in confidence, we conspired to fuck ourselves over. Not having a City masterclass whatsoever.

I actually thought City played better last season they were a lot more threatening going forward in fact when they got it back to  3-1 I could barely watch the last few minutes 

Alli's two mistakes dont happen and the game is balanced at 1-1. Does foden score the 4th if Alli doesnt have his brain farts? I think he saves that but with his head gone, he's all over the place and he's actually gone small against one of the shortest players on the pitch.

I know the players are professionals but we've all played a game when the keeper has fucked up and shipped a goal or two you know they shouldnt have. Even pros know the game is up when that happens. They must have been real pissed off. But unlike us mere amateurs, the pros dont show it or unload on their teammate.

• Upvote 1