You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Man City (H) - Premier League - 7/2/21 - 16:30

Bjornebye

2 minutes ago, devilsadvocate said:

Having no fans in the ground has fucked us up aswell. No way that performance would have been tolerated into front of a full house! 

I know it’s the same for everyone but to go unbeaten at home for the best part of 4 years to your worst home run of games in 60 years or something is fucking bizarre. Has to be more than a coincidence. Will be even more of a factor on European nights obviously.

2 hours ago, Code said:

Me and Klopp, mad as a hatter us two.

44128B37-7A9D-4C7E-8C64-053CB87FFF3E.jpeg

If in doubt, kick it out. He had an option and that was to get rid instead of taking the risky option. 

I'd rather suggest that's Klopp protecting his player too by making it a collective mistake, like the top manager he is. 

We will do well to bounce back after that to stay in the CL and the top 4 . City will stroll the league by a mile. 

I thought we did well to be in that game today ,against a team in much better form, until Ali shat his pants. 

That said we had used up our luck with their missed pen and disallowed goal so it's probable we would have lost anyway.  Have no issues with Klopp's selection or tactics. playing the high press from the off was what they expected and the more cautious approach threw them out of their stride in the first half .    

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, Soft Joe said:

I know it’s the same for everyone but to go unbeaten at home for the best part of 4 years to your worst home run of games in 60 years or something is fucking bizarre. Has to be more than a coincidence. Will be even more of a factor on European nights obviously.

No fans. No fit players.No good investment. No luck. No form. No sign of the owners.

• Upvote 1

We have been absolutely shite champions. Getting hammered 7-2 by Aston Villa then getting beat at home by Burnley, Brighton then totally humiliated 4-1 by City. 

Yes the CB issue hasn't helped but we were top of the league at Christmas and if the club had shown the balls of champions we'd have brought in a proper replacement on 1st Jan and kicked on with our midfielders back in their position and we'd now have a defence which had settled in. 

Instead we get the club doing FA, trying to be clever and brought in two players on the cheap and by the looks of it Klopp doesn't even fancy them. 

Well done LFC you have grabbed defeat from the jaws of victory by having no bottle at all. 

I've said it once and said it again that the players and staff look to have thrown the towel in when it became clear the club wasn't prepared to do what it takes to defend the title. 

I wouldnt be surprised to see FSG sell some of our stars in thr summer and we are back to the pre Klopp days. 

• Upvote 3

Jurgen's always going to defend his players. It's one of the first tennants of being a bloody good manager. He's tried to deflect any blame on the players these last couple of months.

The players look physically and mentally shot. People go on about playing the same core of players to death but it is that core of players who've brought the success.

Unlike yesteryear when you could buy and sell players in England when you wanted except for the last 9 or 10 weeks of the season, with the transfer windows, there's no easy fix.

Come the end of the season, Jurgen needs to move a few players on and freshen the squad up.

Im under no illusion, we're not going to go on a run and retain the title. Current form means finishing top 4 is going to be a fight. There's little to no cohesion in the side right now. Mo, Bobby and Sadio looked like they'd hardly played together. There was next to no link up between Robbo and Sadio. Gini does his 360 turn and slows everything down.

The players look too tired to do the pressing and harrying we know they can do. We used to keep the ball and pass it so well but now we're giving it away for fun. We seem to rush up to the oppos player with the ball and appear to lose a lot of blocks. I dont understand how oppo players seem to give a little drop of the shoulder and scoot past our players with ease.

With confidence at rock bottom, I dont know how Jurgen and the coaching staff turn it around. Cutting out simple mistakes would be a start,

As soon as I saw Fab and Hendo lining up in defence, my heart sank. Having said that, I was willing to give the likes of Thiago and Gin the benefit of any doubt going up against the best team in the Prem on current form.

What I wasn’t expecting, was a mistake ridden defence anyway. Based on that defensive performance (goalkeeper included, obviously) it is clear that playing it ‘safe’ by not starting either one of our new CBs has horribly backfired, but then again, that was my feeling anyway before this match. I called for either Davies or Kabak to start, and yes, hindsight is a wonderful thing, but Fabinho was poor and I don’t think he fits at the back as well as Hendo. Fab would have brought far more to the party than Thiago, if he’d have started in midfield. A better balance, and we’d have given City real problems.

Alisson had a ‘mare, and even with their first goal, I thought he should have been saving & holding the ball. Perhaps I’m expecting too much there? I have no idea what his illness was, but I question his fitness more than anything else. It’s like he was only 75% present mentally.

Great pass from Trent to get Mo in on goal, and great to see Mo go down, because fuck it I’m sick of cunts holding onto players with their hands. Should be an instant yellow card. Beautiful penalty, and we broke the goalless Anfield jinx.

At that point I thought we could win it, even though our toothless midfield had no creative intent. I just thought we’d rattled city and they may make more mistakes.

We lost that game because they capitalised on our mistakes, while making far fewer themselves.

My message for Jurgen? We brought in two CBs and we have to use them now, if we’re to have any chance of turning this season around. Jurgen you may not want the players, you may not have faith in the players, but you must play the players.

Yes the owners were stingy and slow to react in January, but these two guys are here now and the quicker they get up and running, the quicker our midfield gets back to it’s best.

We can still go top three, qualify for the CL, and we may progress further in the CL this season, but only if we get Davies and Kabak up and running quickly. Ok, so we might concede goals, but guess what? City just put 4 past us at home.

To all those fans calling for new blood in the team, and saying ‘this lot are finished and just rest on their laurels’ I say this: we are already trying to transition - Jota, Thiago, Jones coming through, Origi & Shaq more start time, Kelleher in goal. What more do you want? Long term injuries have forced us into transition. It’s already happening and it takes time.

Or did you expect the owners to just keep shelling out big money having lost 100 million quid due to Covid?

Lets just keep getting behind the lads and the Boss, because they are giving their fucking best.

• Downvote 2

4 minutes ago, Red Shift said:

As soon as I saw Fab and Hendo lining up in defence, my heart sank. Having said that, I was willing to give the likes of Thiago and Gin the benefit of any doubt going up against the best team in the Prem on current form.

What I wasn’t expecting, was a mistake ridden defence anyway. Based on that defensive performance (goalkeeper included, obviously) it is clear that playing it ‘safe’ by not starting either one of our new CBs has horribly backfired, but then again, that was my feeling anyway before this match. I called for either Davies or Kabak to start, and yes, hindsight is a wonderful thing, but Fabinho was poor and I don’t think he fits at the back as well as Hendo. Fab would have brought far more to the party than Thiago, if he’d have started in midfield. A better balance, and we’d have given City real problems.

Alisson had a ‘mare, and even with their first goal, I thought he should have been saving & holding the ball. Perhaps I’m expecting too much there? I have no idea what his illness was, but I question his fitness more than anything else. It’s like he was only 75% present mentally.

Great pass from Trent to get Mo in on goal, and great to see Mo go down, because fuck it I’m sick of cunts holding onto players with their hands. Should be an instant yellow card. Beautiful penalty, and we broke the goalless Anfield jinx.

At that point I thought we could win it, even though our toothless midfield had no creative intent. I just thought we’d rattled city and they may make more mistakes.

We lost that game because they capitalised on our mistakes, while making far fewer themselves.

My message for Jurgen? We brought in two CBs and we have to use them now, if we’re to have any chance of turning this season around. Jurgen you may not want the players, you may not have faith in the players, but you must play the players.

Yes the owners were stingy and slow to react in January, but these two guys are here now and the quicker they get up and running, the quicker our midfield gets back to it’s best.

We can still go top three, qualify for the CL, and we may progress further in the CL this season, but only if we get Davies and Kabak up and running quickly. Ok, so we might concede goals, but guess what? City just put 4 past us at home.

To all those fans calling for new blood in the team, and saying ‘this lot are finished and just rest on their laurels’ I say this: we are already trying to transition - Jota, Thiago, Jones coming through, Origi & Shaq more start time, Kelleher in goal. What more do you want? Long term injuries have forced us into transition. It’s already happening and it takes time.

Or did you expect the owners to just keep shelling out big money having lost 100 million quid due to Covid?

Lets just keep getting behind the lads and the Boss, because they are giving their fucking best.

I almost never neg. But the use of italics alone merits it... 

• Downvote 1

4 hours ago, Stickman said:

Loving that people think two centre half’s that cost the equivalent of a family sized bag of tea bags are going to solve our problems 

Doubt Klopp does

He'd have given at least one of them 10 minutes by now if he did.

Both may not be around beyond this season.

Token gestures and Davies might even be moved on at a profit. Tick.

Fellows cannot surrender the title yet. We've 15 games to play and strange things are likely to happen

to all the other teams as well, including the sky blue plastics. Our defense of the title, therefore, is far from over. It's just begun with City having a 10 point advantage. That's it. Let's just make this defeat a turning point in the season. We should never give up and I have no doubt that's what Klopp will say in his war cry to the players.