You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Man City (H) - Premier League - 7/2/21 - 16:30

Bjornebye

8 minutes ago, Creator Supreme said:

I think Klopp is done, he's put his heart and soul in to the last 2 seasons and I think he's mentally exhausted!

He's always had his faults with loyalty to players who don't deserve it, and he's always been slow with changes, but I genuinely don't think he's anything left to give us!

I think he'll pack in at the end of the season, he owes us nothing and he owes FSG even less!

I think he'll retire too! Where else would he go?

I was thinking that myself when it cut to him towards the end of the game.

12 minutes ago, Rick Sanchez C-137 said:

Yea, can't believe they've only made us progress year after year and won big ears and the first league in 30 years.

They've had a howler by not backing Klopp in January but look how far we've come. A bit of perspective might help.

Look how far we came is more correct to say. And look where we are now. Disgusting.

Seldom have capitalist owners destroyed their values in so short time and by such horrible decisions.

This decline was so easy to avoid. So yes, thanks for the good times FSG, but you can fuck off now.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Preston Red said:

The only plus to come out of this is that City look nailed on for the league and not the other bunch of cunts.

This squad needs refreshing. Three new midfielders and two new strikers. Shift out the deadwood like Origi, Shaqiri and Minamino while letting Mo and Bobby go for stupid money.

Id suggest that is slightly more than refreshing.

I think you may be slightly optimistic seeing Bobby going for stupid money too. 

10 minutes ago, Jordy Brouwer said:

I think he would want to leave on a higher note. I think he'll do another season and try to turn it around. 

I don't think he'll get the backing to leave on a higher note mate! I'm not saying FSG will bin him (I don't think even they are that daft!), but as things are going we're not finishing top 4 and we're not winning the Champions League (I don't see us finishing top half to be honest), so they ain't going to let him rebuild a team that's not even in Europe next season!

He died on his arse in his last seasons at Dortmund and Mainz too, maybe that's just his pattern. Start from a poor position, overachieve, then fade badly!

• Downvote 1

3 minutes ago, 3 Stacks said:

The fact that people thought we were terrible actually fascinates me. Just, the difference of opinion there is weird.

Emotion. That's the simple answer. Clouds judgement, alters perception better than any drug. When we lose badly, catastrophe.

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, Stickman said:

Loving that people think two centre half’s that cost the equivalent of a family sized bag of tea bags are going to solve our problems 

They might actually know basic defending, plus they'll allow our midfielders to play in midfield. 

1 minute ago, liverpoolsno9 said:

That’s because there’s some agenda driven cunts on here that want their prematch negativity to be proved right on the internet 

I didn't post pre-match and I thought we were pretty awful in the second half. Particularly after the equaliser. That should've spurred us on. If anything, it seemed to make us retreat into our shell and spurred City on. We didn't create much. We didn't really get in behind City, apart from the penalty. We passed it around a bit, but with no real intent. 

I thought it was a pretty awful second half. 

1 minute ago, BeefStroganoff said:

Mate we got beat 4-1.

I know. I saw the game.

Do you genuinely think a defender with no top level experience and a 20 year old from the bottom of the league In Germany would have done any better? 

We played pretty well today, but were undone by two uncharacteristic mistakes from the goalkeeper. 

6 minutes ago, liverpoolsno9 said:

That’s because there’s some agenda driven cunts on here that want their prematch negativity to be proved right on the internet 

Cmon mastermind. In what way were we good?

Was it in our cutthroat attacking play?

Was it with our robust defence?

Maybe it was our keeper?

We created hardly anything of note, one Mane header, a pen and a Jones shot. 

1 minute ago, Baltar said:

I'd take my chances with those 2 at the back if it means moving Hendo and Fab back into midfield.

It's got to be worth a shout! I don't think Nat Phillips did a lot wrong against Brighton so even if Klopp didn't want to play Kabak and Davies, why drop your only other fit centre half for a midfielder? I know it would have been a tough job for Phillips but I'd rather have seen him there in his natural position, and Fab in his natural position too!

We've been well and truly had off on Thiago too! Holy shit he's poor!

• Upvote 1

As Jürgen said, Allison has saved our arses many times it was uncharistic of him (not sure about having a cold foot tho) we need a break I don't mean a rest I mean a decision going our way a last minute own goal in our favour something like this. He needs to get the midfield back together if that means Kabak and Phillips then so be it we need to get back to basics start doing the simple things again pressing high knocking the diagonal ball in behind like we used to.

• Upvote 1