You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Man City (H) - Premier League - 7/2/21 - 16:30

Bjornebye

4 minutes ago, Mathewbet1 said:

Don't we played that bad to be honest very fine margins, could have gone either way up until alisons mistake,.

This. Margins on this level are very fine indeed. We’re not at the required level at the moment, but no necessarily that far off either. Time to get behind Klopp and the team, they’ll work their way out of this and come back stronger than ever.

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, DiddisSillyRun said:

Klopps floundering here, making shit decisions, Jones off? Gets not one but two centre backs and doesn't play them, Persists with Bobby who's stolen a living for twelve months, and can't get the team to press.Gutted.

He doesn't have any other choice!

Would you really throw in two Centre backs against the best team in the league? If he doesn't play Bobby, who does he play instead of him?

Just now, an tha said:

We have had a centre half crisis since Oct.

Our answer has been to wait over 3 mths and spend £7.99 on 'fixing' it....even sending out on loan a forward to get £5.99 of it back.

I know. Just saying that is what we’ll need. Of course they won’t, so we’ll fall behind the top clubs and occupy our typical pre-Klopp position under the next manager, pretending to care about the Europa League for any reason other than it offers a pathway to the CL

I would have been thrilled with Davies and Kabak if they arrived on January 1st given that they had over a month’s notice that it was an emergency, but no.

1 minute ago, Stickman said:

Loving that people think two centre half’s that cost the equivalent of a family sized bag of tea bags are going to solve our problems 

Its clear these two signings were nothing g more than a PR attempt by the club to keep the "Customers" quite. Davis will be in the u23 next season and Kabak will be sent back to Germany in the summer after a handful of appearances.

I cannot see Klopp giving them any game time soo with the fixtures we have coming up. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, joe_fishfish said:

It's not a proper defeat unless we all have a go at each other I guess.

Regardless of what they've won, loads of them are playing like absolute twats at the moment, and have been for a while. I think we've seen the best days out of a few of the lads in the squad now and we could definitely improve on them.

Yeah, I know, it’s weird eh? You’d think we’d lost our 3 CDs & playing 2 of our best mids in defence which in turn is weakening the mid so much, Milner, before today had played the last 3 games and meant Jones starting v City. All very well spitting your dummy out and looking like a fight spoilt twat instead of looking at the circumstances that we’ve had to contend with. 

2 minutes ago, BeefStroganoff said:

Shhh you can't say that!

I think Klopp is done, he's put his heart and soul in to the last 2 seasons and I think he's mentally exhausted!

He's always had his faults with loyalty to players who don't deserve it, and he's always been slow with changes, but I genuinely don't think he's anything left to give us!

I think he'll pack in at the end of the season, he owes us nothing and he owes FSG even less!

I think he'll retire too! Where else would he go?

1 minute ago, Creator Supreme said:

I think Klopp is done, he's put his heart and soul in to the last 2 seasons and I think he's mentally exhausted!

He's always had his faults with loyalty to players who don't deserve it, and he's always been slow with changes, but I genuinely don't think he's anything left to give us!

I think he'll pack in at the end of the season, he owes us nothing and he owes FSG even less!

I think he would want to leave on a higher note. I think he'll do another season and try to turn it around. 

1 minute ago, Mark M said:

So just to be clear it’s millers fault and Allison is not to blame for any of the goals ?

Alisson is partly to blame yes. Im not sure if he’s 100% fit though, I noticed straight away that Kelleher was absent from the bench. If Adrian as the only option I could understand nplaying a not 100%  fit Alisson. 

Milner just ran away from the space where Foden got the ball for the se ond though, just thought I should mention it. 

Can't remember the last time we were this predictably shit. Hodgson era maybe. Absolutely nothing about that was a surprise. 

I'd quite enjoyed loving our players in the last couple of years, and it's not just because they were winning, but because they gave a fuck and weren't utterly hapless. 

Bad old days are here again. 

10 minutes ago, KevieG said:

Said after Brighton, will say it again. Pick 2 from Davis, Kabak, Philips, and fix midfield. What could go wrong that's not already going wrong? 

Yep, thought it was blatantly obvious myself, had a few snarky replies about bedding in, learning systems blah blah and to what purpose? We were stinking it up anyway and sure enough we got dry corn holed again anyway so what   was to lose?

2 minutes ago, Creator Supreme said:

I’ve said previously he won’t want to be overseeing a squad rebuild here. Think he’ll give us another season with the fans back and have us set up for a new manager to come in with his own ideas and hopefully build from a position of strength.

He’s always said he’d rather go being a hero than ran out of town and 7 years is more than enough at one club. 

6 minutes ago, Stickman said:

Loving that people think two centre half’s that cost the equivalent of a family sized bag of tea bags are going to solve our problems 

Obviously not but its clear our issues with playing 2 midfielders in defence is having knock on effects to rest of team i was hoping Jurgen would play Kabak and have Hendo or Fab back in midfield