You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Boxing 2021

Bjornebye

Just had a bluey on this Belgian lad fighting Cordina. No chance of him knocking him out and points will be an ask with the home judges, but cordina hasn’t fought for 16 months and this fella has been at it. It happens so often.

Anyone else watching tonight?

7 minutes ago, belarus said:

Just had a bluey on this Belgian lad fighting Cordina. No chance of him knocking him out and points will be an ask with the home judges, but cordina hasn’t fought for 16 months and this fella has been at it. It happens so often.

Anyone else watching tonight?

Waste of a fiver - absolutely gulfed these 2 in ability

5 minutes ago, sir roger said:

That DAZN subscription is getting a bit odd , they have no major fights coming up but have emailed me to say I can live watch e-sports championships at Tekken , Mortal Kombat and Soul Caliber presented by Oleksandr Usyk !!!

Email back and ask if they want to put our draft on.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, sir roger said:

That DAZN subscription is getting a bit odd , they have no major fights coming up but have emailed me to say I can live watch e-sports championships at Tekken , Mortal Kombat and Soul Caliber presented by Oleksandr Usyk !!!

They had a good offering on Saturday. The main event was a shootout as was the Lopez/Lopez scrap.

11 hours ago, littletedwest said:

Anyone on quora? Joined it ages ago get loafs of interesting boxing stuff.

Found out George Foreman trained by pulling a car uphill. Some strength that.

Sounds a bit of an exaggeration that. Must have been a minimal incline. He's not Hercules.

15 hours ago, littletedwest said:

Anyone on quora? Joined it ages ago get loafs of interesting boxing stuff.

Found out George Foreman trained by pulling a car uphill. Some strength that.

My dad had a Triumph Herald that I seemed to spend most of my time pushing up hills.

• Upvote 1

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/boxing/56545873

De La Hoya serious about a comeback. That was one of the greats who retired at the right time, if anything one fight too many actually. Absolutely no point in him fighting again. I get that they miss the ring/fight etc but fucking hell. He was one of my favourite fighters growing up but he turned into a cheat and a bit of a gobshite. 

The only comeback fight I want to see is Froch v Calzaghe, fuck knows why. 

6 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Takes the piss that it's pay per view. 

Na, if you wanna watch Kongo, Wardley and Ted Chesseman, you need to pay top dollar. These fighters don't come along very often. 

Even someone like Whyte brings pedigree, having held the WBC Silver heavyweight belt. 

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, Bjornebye said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/boxing/56545873

De La Hoya serious about a comeback. That was one of the greats who retired at the right time, if anything one fight too many actually. Absolutely no point in him fighting again. I get that they miss the ring/fight etc but fucking hell. He was one of my favourite fighters growing up but he turned into a cheat and a bit of a gobshite. 

The only comeback fight I want to see is Froch v Calzaghe, fuck knows why. 

Clicking on that link I saw that that youtube guy's brother is going to be fighting former UFC fighter Ben Askren - I think in a boxing match. He'll get demolished won't he? I know Askren was more of a wrestler but he has done elite level striking whereas Jake Paul has fought other youtubers and a basketball player I think.