You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Boxing 2021

Bjornebye

I had it 5-3 for Canelo.

Naturally, there was absolutely no way Saunders could win a decision against the biggest star in boxing, in his house, on the biggest Hispanic boxing day of the year, that goes without saying really. We've all been watching this game long enough to know that.

I did think Saunders was doing well and some of my mates had it 4-4, so for him to quit was incredible.

He can not show his face in British boxing anymore. He already had crazy amount of antipathy and now that people have a central point of evidence that is all she wrote. 

I actually think throwing the towel in is sometimes legitmate; Dubois vs Joyce and GGG vs Brook immediately spring to mind, but not this evening and especially after trying to act the big man for the last 3 months.

10 minutes ago, skend04 said:

I don't get this thing about shitting it. He's got a suspected broken orbital socket. He's got a payday for fighting, not for going blind. Why would you risk your sight against the games biggest juicer?

https://www.dazn.com/en-US/news/boxing/billy-joe-saunders-id-rather-go-out-with-my-pulse-stopped-than-take-a-knee-like-daniel-dubois/1jooifstr5xlf1bvz5pvw4m0m4

"Fighters get in that ring and we know what’s on the line."

“Every fighter needs to understand and the fans need to understand that...

“Before I go on one knee I’d like to go out on my back with my pulse stopped.”

“If my two eye sockets were broken, my jaw was broken, my teeth were out, my nose was smashed, my brain was beaten, I was not stopping until I was knocked out or worse.

• Upvote 5

24 minutes ago, Kevin D said:

https://www.dazn.com/en-US/news/boxing/billy-joe-saunders-id-rather-go-out-with-my-pulse-stopped-than-take-a-knee-like-daniel-dubois/1jooifstr5xlf1bvz5pvw4m0m4

“If my two eye sockets were broken, my jaw was broken, my teeth were out, my nose was smashed, my brain was beaten, I was not stopping until I was knocked out or worse.

As the above quotes prove, he's criticised other fighters for 'quitting' so he's fair game .

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Kevin D said:

Yeah, he's a shit-talking prick and will be getting stacks for it but I guess my point was a bit more general as we saw it with Dubois too. I just find it a bit much to say boxers shit it if their eyes are hanging by their retinas. This might humble him, doubt it but you never know.