You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Boxing 2021

Bjornebye

43 minutes ago, sir roger said:

Seems strange having a ref from Doncaster in a fight between Leeds and Mexican boxers.

British boxing

I guess they'll say with covid it saves bring refs in. But British boxing is as corrupt with the officials and judges as Germany, Italy and the US has been historically since Hearn got his grubby fingers involved

2 hours ago, Brownie said:

Nelson and Booth are spot on.

He took another 5 rounds of punishment there that he never should have.

Just caught up on it, defo should have been stopped earlier. He was all over the place. Booth was defo on something though.... Fair play to Lara though. 

As for the fight before... Good of Hearn to call the scorecards out but you sense an undertone to it with him. 118-111???? Twice? fuck off. 

In Warrington’s 16 months since his last fight, Lara has had 7 bouts. That is going to make a difference like

Still think it’s mad that he vacated his belt. Doesn’t make any sense. He weakened his chances to get the big fights by doing that anyway. Why would any of the top lads risk against someone like him, but for no belt?

4 minutes ago, belarus said:

In Warrington’s 16 months since his last fight, Lara has had 7 bouts. That is going to make a difference like

Still think it’s mad that he vacated his belt. Doesn’t make any sense. He weakened his chances to get the big fights by doing that anyway. Why would any of the top lads risk against someone like him, but for no belt?

He would have had to fight Kid Galahad again as he was his mandatory, so I understand why he didn't want to fight him as he arguably lost last time they fought and the fight was an absolute stinker.

1 hour ago, Elite said:

He would have had to fight Kid Galahad again as he was his mandatory, so I understand why he didn't want to fight him as he arguably lost last time they fought and the fight was an absolute stinker.

It was, but it was winnable for him. Plus, it’s easier to get the big fights when you’re bringing something to the table. It was a bad move on his part I think 

Edit - it’s also given Galahad an easier path to the belt if the opponent is jazza dickens for the vacant 

Diaz v Rakhimov was a reasonable fight without being massively exciting , and ended up a majority draw 114-114 twice and 115 - 113 Diaz. Diaz started and ended well but dozed off in the middle rounds. Doesn't look a special champion. Like the football , the lack of crowd seems a massive leveller in boxing.

Warrington has a broken jaw , I believe.

I hope for the referee's and corner's sakes that it happened early and not after he should have been back in the dressing room.

On a lighter note I enjoyed Macklin getting caught up in the mayhem and admitting he had forgotten to score the bout.

4 minutes ago, sir roger said:

On a lighter note I enjoyed Macklin getting caught up in the mayhem and admitting he had forgotten to score the bout.

First thing I thought when he said that was have the commentators been told by Hearn not to offer a score during the fight because they were adamant the fight before was at best a draw but likely a defeat that swung miles the other way.