You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Boxing 2021

Bjornebye

Just now, Elite said:

Benn is being fed old, inactive, non-punchers with a name. He's still doing well to beat them but he needs to beat the likes of Avanesyan to show if he can hang at fringe world level but Hearn will protect him as he's a potential PPV star. 

True but he used to look well short of the level he is fighting at even now. I think his progression is fairly normal though, he is just more in the limelight because of his old man. 

1 minute ago, Remmie said:

True but he used to look well short of the level he is fighting at even now. I think his progression is fairly normal though, he is just more in the limelight because of his old man. 

Agreed, he has improved massively to be fair to him. I don't think we'll know how good he is until he has a bigger test but he's still fairly young. I do think the matchroom hype is very overboard but that's their job.

19 minutes ago, Belarus said:

For sure. He’s so confident in verbal exchanges, but some of his stuff he puts out is cringey.

What a boxer he is though

He's a spiteful individual and it shows in the ring. He's one of those blokes that you wouldn't cross as he'd fight you to the death.

• Upvote 1

40 minutes ago, sir roger said:

Racially abused a bouncer from memory

Was a weird one, he called an Asian bouncer an "orange gay looking cunt" which is a shitty thing to do, but I'm not convinced it was racially motivated. I think he meant it in a religious context, ie rangers fans are huns and associate with the orange March.

That said, every time I'm on his Twitter and he's discussing politics, I like him less and less. He's anti vax, anti environment and always criticising Sturgeon.

I've been to his last 5 fights  - when they had tickets - and admire him a great deal in the ring, but yeah, I'm not sure I actually like him.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Kevin D said:

Was a weird one, he called an Asian bouncer an "orange gay looking cunt" which is a shitty thing to do, but I'm not convinced it was racially motivated. I think he meant it in a religious context, ie rangers fans are huns and associate with the orange March.

That said, every time I'm on his Twitter and he's discussing politics, I like him less and less. He's anti vax, anti environment and always criticising Sturgeon.

I've been to his last 5 fights  - when they had tickets - and admire him a great deal in the ring, but yeah, I'm not sure I actually like him.

Harsh on Rylan Clark that.

Smug , sniffy commentary there about the French lad celebrating his win.

' Celebrating in the way Conor Benn didn't last week '. Yes, but that lad was unconscious , this was a body shot. 

And that John Lathom is Eddie's gimp. Don't think I gave ever seen him warn  a home fighter about anything , but he haunts the opposing fighters in every bout.

• Upvote 1